pipcd34 Posts: 16,713 Member
    Options
    Uuu
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    fp4kulev7l64.jpeg

Kettlebell success! 70.2 pounds lost and hopefully never found again!

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona

You're looking good too. :)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @Vickil57 hang in there ! every day is a new day with a new beginning. do you know what's causing the stress? are there things you can do to diminish it? : exercise, talking to someone, more rest, doing something fun, writing about it, or just acknowledging it??? or tricks : like veggie munchies, liquids, etc. ??? I'm saying this as much to myself as to you. I think most efficient long term is to really be with what is there and accept it, and short term things can help in the mean time sometimes. I'm not up this week but staying stable (rather than losing), finding it really hard to stick to low cals. I bet 95% of us at least can relate and have been there plenty. (stress eating)
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    ✔️1. weigh in 60.2 up :/
    ✔️2. log all
    ✔️30 min exercise
    ✔️ 4. five minutes meditation
    ✔️5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project
    ✔️ 6.produce at least 2-finished pages per day average long term
    ✔️7. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count) per week
    ✔️✔️ 8. At least 15 min cleaning
    ✔️ 9. At least 5 min day filing
    -10.average 1100 calories net,

• Overall Feeling : ok
    • Log all: so far
    • Exercise: walk
    • 1100 calories net average: working on this
    • Long term writing 2h : yes
    • produce at least 2 finished pages per day average long term writing project : yes, 2 more pages to do.
    •3 Short term writing/admin per week: did on
    •cleaning : change comforter cover, sweeping, putting away laundry, doing a load of bed linens
    • filing : with difficulty
    • short term thing : tax thing

Grateful :
    1. corrector
    2. things checked off
    3. avocados
    4. lull
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    unusually I checked almost all off, all but the 1100 net which has been super-hard for me to stay at as of late.

Does anyone else HATE paperwork?

I literally get chills and shivers when something stresses me.

When I set to do my 5 minutes filing, I got chills and shivers.

Crazy, huh ?

I had some really tasty food today and it was really challenging to keep it to a moderate level. So far it's done.

I'm done with all urgent stuff. Just have 2 more pages to produce. And corrections to reread, but I haven't got them at present.

I'm going to just relax today.

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Banana- We all hate paperwork it comes in so many forms now theirs electronic paperwork! So more fun to be had lol.
    Amber Tx
    Eating white chicken breast with corn y a little cheese mixed together got a tomato on the side. Tea of course y water.
    Walking but struggling today energy so low
    Maintaining cw 169.8 for 3days so far during peri period so doing great usually I shoot up 1 ice cream bar y a bunch of jello y 1 square dark chocolate is curving my cravings.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Janet - I know some people like that, I don't understand them either but I agree they must be very unhappy.

Mary - Thanks for the recommendation for the Strongfirst program, I may try that. I am trying to kill myself with cardio. :# Truthfully, I am just maintaining right now and struggling to lose doing CICO and cardio so I am thinking I need to do some strength training as well. I bought a 5lb kettlebell, but haven't figured out how to use it properly yet. Maybe when this wedding is over I can find time for me again.

Katla - I hope you get to do your travelling in the RV. I have never owned one, but I would think it would be fairly doable as long as you had mapped out stops along the way, maybe make shorter driving days and longer overnights?

Machka - Congrats for passing the course and good luck on the exam.

Lisa - I found this hardware on Amazon for around $75, I bought the door off Home Depot's website for $125. We had nixed the idea too because all we were seeing was around $500, but I just kept looking until I finally found this.

Amber - I grew up in the country and didn't like it, I felt restricted and cut off from the world. We only ever had one vehicle so my Dad had to have it for work, my Brother and I weren't allowed to do any after school activities because we had no way to get home once the bus left the school. I couldn't just walk to my friends house although I was able to bike there a couple of times when I was older. Now I would do anything to live in the country again. To see the stars at night, here the wind rustling the trees and just no traffic noise. Maybe someday if I ever win the lottery.

Rebecca - We talked constantly to our girls growing up. My FIL was known to read the newspapers and flyers to his grandchildren. He would discuss with them which store had the best sales for which item and discuss current events in the town. He did this with them in their little seats on the table. They of course only cooed or gurgled at him, but it was a precious thing to witness. Enjoy every single minute you have with her.

I am just waiting for Kaitlyn to arrive so that we can begin our crafting day. She is a night owl so I'm not expecting her for another hour. In the meantime I am going to make meatballs and have them ready to put in the crockpot. Her favourite meal is meatballs rice and corn. That is what we'll have since my oven element went and I can't cook the lasagna I was planning on. This will actually work better for the heat in the house I imagine.

Last night I took a stroll down memory lane while searching for pictures for her to use on her memory table at the wedding. She has pictures of Brodey's grandparents from their weddings so we thought we could use one of my Dad from his and Mom's wedding. There are no pictures of my Dad alone at his wedding, we can't even crop him out of one because in every picture he is either looking at Mom, holding her or touching her in some way. It would just be a weird picture. So I found a picture of my Dad sitting in my Grandmother's parlor (her formal living room that was only used in summer) in behind his head on the shelf is their wedding picture. Kaitlyn wanted my Mom included somehow, but she didn't want people to think she had passed away too. This might be the compromise she needs. While I was looking through pictures it slammed into me how many people have passed away in recent years in the family. I am now the old one having to remind the younger generation of their ancestors. It's quite an undertaking to make sure that all of that history is passed down. I hope I am up for the challenge.

Tracey in Edmonton

• bananasandoranges
    Options
    @Vickil57 I'm sorry about work stress. I can have a lot at times. it's letting up (apparently) at present. I won't count my chickens though.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    Options
    Vicki I think part of it too is we are right there to be his cheering squad. I know I also encouraged him to do as much as he can for himself. Now that he is in the other unit I told him they do watch what he does. Is he going to his groups, dressing in street clothes, making his bed, engaging with the other patients and staff.

Find it interesting not once during the medical emergency no one mentioned the Hipaa laws. Now suddenly they say he has not given them permission to speak with us. There is no close parking for the psych ward. I have to walk a half a mile to get there to his unit. Luckily I need and want the exercise. There are more rules and regulations in this unit. You have to be careful what you say to the other patients. All kinds of rules about what you are allowed to bring to the patient. Going to the cafeteria from there was another adventure. Told son I just have to keep saying to myself it is what is it and use all the wait time to just take time to breathe.

I didn't stay as long as I hoped because they discourage anyone going into a patient's room except the patient. He was ready for a long nap. They tired him out in the morning.

I am hoping he will only be there a week at most.

:heart: Margaret

I am really finding Beauty in the Broken Places a valuable book for me right now. Reminds me of the saying when the student is ready the teacher will appear.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I have a lot of information for you with videos so let me know when you’re ready and I will post it for you.

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I have only changed diapers once since I have been here.. 😁
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Rebecca thanks for your heartwarming photos with Athena. Diapers that turn color when wet? SMH!
    Machka SMH at "in order to appear credible for their qualifications, they need to ensure that students fall nicely within a bell curve." Seems to me really great teachers would be able to reach all their students, so they'd all fall at the top percentiles, bell curve be darned!
    Viv (((hugs)))
    @KABDogMom welcome Laurie in OK! I too, am a Mother of Dogs ;) (Ageing Hippie too)
    Kim darning socks, used do that for Papa. My socks wear out at the heel. Can't seem to darn them softly enough not to irritate. And if you think socks are expensive, try buying compression socks that don't look like great grandpa's!
    Karen in VA and Lisa in AR, you are my heroines, models of grace and character. Thank YOU!
    Mary Wowser!
    @vennet7 welcome Vic. You are a veritable sequoia compared to my 4'11" ;)
    Margaret if you can't take your laptop to the new ward, can you play healing music from your phone and a small portable speaker?
    Rori loved the pic of DH's happy 75th celebration. Glad for you both.
    Tracey well done! Love those space saving "barn door" styles.
    @KellyKorner0402 Welcome!
    @marywal1963 those sound like very good goals.
    Janet in OK "...refuse to let them steal my joy" Brava!
    Welcome @julieannklomp starting logging and finding non-food rewards are great foundational steps. You can do this!
    Welcome @joruss2019. KJ can you suggest a "flip" so Joetta won't find logging so tedious?

iphone battery getting wonky. Nearest authorized repairer is in Arcata, 2.5 hrs away. Emailed to confirm could bring in Monday and get cost estimate. Got there and learned the authorized tech was out sick with the flu, and his backup was out of town traveling. Young man did run the diagnostics, battery is borderline. Could not guarantee he'd have a tech til Wednesday. Would be willing to keep and ship, but would have to charge for shipping (whether standard or overnight). I said I thought the company should ship overnight for free to compensate my inconvenience. No can do. No onsite manager, nor onsite supervisor to empower "make it right." I was angry, frustrated and disappointed. When the young man said the battery could last months, I took the phone with me. I'll be in Medford in July, surely there are multiple authorized iphone fixers there! The good side was I met a friend (from age 9) for lunch and she took me shopping ad WINCO. Score!!!

Hoping to find motifation in Barbie's starts with a single step, consistency, and Evelyn's just push a little more ...even 30 seconds, but its so darned warm I just want to lie down with an aspirin and a cold cloth over my eyes. Soon as I feel better I'll veg prep and get ready for line dancing.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Meditate 8/30, knee exercises 9/30, 60 g protein 8/30, vits+rx 8/30, play with Tumble 1/30, AF 9/30, steps: 4628=Sun, 5591=Mon
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for June might be equilibrium.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Tracey- I was born in the flat desert 🌵then My parents moved to the big city when I became school age never fit in. I went from running shirtless y barefoot along the clay to being yelled at by a city school teacher for taking my shoes off y using my left hand to write. I would get in trouble for not drinking my milk 🥛! Well now we know I’m Cow milk intolerant have to limit it. I would get so sick at school. I grew up in the desert 🌵 drinking goat milk y soy milk baby formula. Got held up in front of the school made fun of for being mixed race later my arms were broke by students a lot. We were in city to city for years Dad realized I would never acclimate so we moved to a small country towns. Did way better there- but smaller dating pool lots of Bars full of folks stealing spouses ,bad judicial system buddy buddy,y no jobs made for problems soon enough. Now back in the city y more a hermit .Hubby thinking someday a city area with more country roads lol a compromise sort to say. He always lived in the city loves it but it comes with its issues too. We balance each other out. Right now got oranges starting to grow on my tree. I used to go to church a lot but these city mega churches! Uggh want me to leave JR in the nursery walk away not allowed to check on him! Or leave early! They do eye y hand scans plus IDs to get your kids at the end. I don’t hand my kid to strangers! Especially if I can’t check on him! Hoping to find a country church someday that’s not an hour drive away. Until then B-I-B-L-E yes that’s the book for me got a few apps on the cellphone too. We drive out of our way to a friendly Walmart with more folks like me.We don’t fit in with city folks lol we have our own Wally World! We all came from smaller towns landed here shop in the same one. So best produce to folks to help you get a kids bike. Our Sams Club we keep because Rose an older gal who we get along for years now talk there. She’s a sweet heart her ExHubby a Cad! Left her for a 20yr old Blonde child! Rose is in her 70’s! Told her good riddens to the likes of him he can have a heart attack trying to keep up with that child on a canoe trip! Hope his bones 🦴 feel every club she wants to visit for weeks. She been there through my pregnancy even y before so were super close. We would sit look at 100’s of fotos of JR after he was born until we could take him into public Rose was his 1st stop! She’s learned to forgive that man I haven’t if so see him with that Kid I’ll say something along the lines of how sweet your taking your Grandfather 👴 out for a trip! Glad to see the nursing homes let them out. I will too Rose laughs says go for it lol.
    Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Barbara Awwwwwww, thanks! I do love your posts. Your responses show how carefully and thoughtfully you have read others' posts. It always impresses me & warms my heart. So caring. <3. Sorry your iphone's battery is gong. My main battery drainer (my battery is fine, though) is when I have forgotten to close out multiple windows on my browser. I just now checked it and I had pulled up 6 windows today, all of which run in the background without me realizing it. I just closed them all. Takes a lot of juice.

Karen in Virginia