WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Katla, Thank you, that's very sweet. I'm blushing I'm sure. After being teased from as young as I remember about being fat, chubby, whatever, it's hard for me to accept compliments without feeling embarrassed. My youngest daughter for several years has got after me to "just say thank you" so from the bottom of my heart, thank you <3

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Margaret, thank you <3

Janetr OKC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Katla - thanks! It has become routine. I actually found things that come natural to me. I gave up everything that I was doing that caused weight gain and adopted things that worked best for my lifestyle :)

Janetr - You look fantastic! The glasses are a perfect fit!

Have a great night everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Pip, I'm so sorry about Bullwinkle's diagnosis, so hard when we know we're losing our furbabies.....
    Michele, thank you but it was my mother in law that passed recently. My mom passed just over 8 years ago, I still miss her.
    Janet, hair cut and glasses look great!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Wow! 153 posts since I last was on here. I finally caught up.

Viv/UK I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. I’ll pray that the Lord gives you and your family peace in the coming days.

Janet I love your hair and glasses! Very becoming on you!

Heather Those trainers are cool! I’m sure everyone will get a kick out of them!

Lanette Do you have neuropathy? I do and take Gabapentin and use various creams on my feet at night to help with the burning and prickly feelings.
    My balance is awful due to it and I trip, run into walls, and can’t walk straight sometimes! People must think I’m drunk! LOL

IPHONE BATTERIES You can order batteries from Amazon. They come with tiny screwdrivers so you can open up the phone. About $10-$15.

I’ve did pretty good today! I try to stay at 1350/cal a day, but I was at 1191 today and had excess from exercise. Even after the chocolate muffin mess up I still lost .8 lbs!
    I was kind of tired today and woke up with my right leg hurting. I lifted some boxes in the garage which I shouldn’t have. So I was paying for it! Habitat for Humanity is coming on Thursday to pick up a sofa and an old TV so I was looking for things I would like to give to them. It’s been cool in the mornings so maybe I’ll try again tomorrow.

Have a good evening/morning!
    Dana In Arkansas
    <3<3<3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Pip- I’m sorry to hear about Bulwinkle <3 We will all go through this time with you.

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Grandmallie- Glad my high school reunion very simple yours sounds stressful already. Cats dead 🐈 so I’m the only one left in my homeschool high school class lol. Call myself look in the mirror say well you gotten fat haven’t ya! Brag to myself about anything. Have a cup a tea y some food I’m done for the year lol. Hide the mirrors say hope I don’t have to see that Woman for another year lol.
    Amber Tx
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    ✔️1. weigh in 60 :/
    ✔️2. log all yest :)
    ✔️30 min exercise yest :)
    ✔️ 4. five minutes meditation yest :)
    ✔️5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project yest :)
    ✔️ 6.produce at least 2-finished pages per day average long term yest :)
    ✔️7. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count) per week yest :)
    ✔️ 8. At least 15 min cleaning yest :)
    ✔️9. At least 5 min day filing yest :)
    x10.average 1100 calories net, :/

• Overall Feeling : medium
    • Log all yesterday : yes:)
    • Exercise yesterday:walk:)
    • 1100 calories net average yesterday:115 over :/
    • Long term writing 2h : yes:)
    • produce at least 2 finished pages per day average long term writing project: yes b
    •3 Short term writing/admin per week: 1 done :)
    •cleaning : 30 min:)
    •filing : 5 min:)

Grateful :
    1. home's ok
    2. ok night's sleep
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,128 Member
    Options
    Have any of you done a stair climbing challenge, race, etc.?

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-5-best-stair-climbing-races-to-run/

I climb stairs quite regularly but haven't done it at all competitively, or at a running pace. There are, however, a couple sets of stairs in this area which I think people do take on as a challenge.

M in Oz
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Pip-so sorry about Bullwinkle.

Janetr- love the hair and glasses!! Great choices!

Took a wonderful 3 mile walk on our Waterfront Park while my daughter was in dance class. The sun was still a little intense, but the breeze coming off the river made it just perfect!

Connie in KY
  • janetr7476
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Hi all, is this a group of women over 50? Am I allowed to join? I have gained 10 plus pounds I am really unhappy about and need to lose ASAP. I need motivation and accountability!

Yes, we are a group of 50+ something women. You are more than welcome to join us. It helps us respond if you tell us a little about yourself and sign each post with a name you would like us to call you. Because we are a large group and many names duplicated, if you add your location behind your name it's very helpful.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Pip: Bless you and Winkle. I teared up reading your plans for seeing her transition over the rainbow bridge. How is Bootz?

Janetr: Hair and glasses = Winners!

Katla: Hope you can set plans for visiting your kids.

For the first time since end of April, I did shopped in a grocery store. Trader Joe's is smaller than Walmart, so it wasn't extremely taxing. But by the time I unloaded everything, my feet and ankles were feeling it.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

bootz our cat is doing fine. she's slowed down a bit but that's it
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,788 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    Pip~ ohhh poor Bullwinkle, I know you and Kirby have done all you can do.. and will continue to do so.. losing our furry children is so tough xoxox
    Janet`~ Love the hair and glasses...well I dont know if stress causes weight gain but somehow I gained 5 lbs overnight eating the same stuff I do daily..
    actually planning the reunion wasn't hard. at this stage of the game we are getting together and enjoying each others company... we all grew up in a small town.. and we figured we would have it on Friday night of Labor day weekend, so that people can have the rest of the weekend to do things..
    going to have my tea and relax and then get dressed...
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Pip - I'm so sorry to hear the diagnosis of Bullwinkle. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Kirby as you go through this difficult time. Hugs!

Okie in the TX Hill Country