Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lisa Fantastic news about the AmeriCorps grant. Think of the Girl Scouts whose lives will be changed by your success at securing this grant! Yay!!

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    Options
    <3 It's gonna be a hot one today - probably 95! Thankfully no smoke!

Neighbors next door got a new heat pump installed a few weeks ago, but the installer hasn't hooked it to the thermostat yet. :s Luckily they get a good breeze and their house is surrounded by trees. I have windows open and have the A/C running just to draw in as much cool air as possible.

Janetr - love your haircut and new glasses. One of the first visits I'll make when the teleporter gets out of the shop is to zip down your direction, see you and your hair stylist. I decided to trim mine a couple days ago. It now needs help, lol. The little gal I had doesn't work many days anymore due to family responsibility and even when she was in, she didn't take customers before 11. I'm an early bird so looking again who can take me at 9 or 10.

Lisa - congrats on the grant! And congrats to the little gals who will now be able to participate in GirlScouts!

Rori - what a nice photo of you, DH, and your friends. Glad you were able to enjoy the Rose City and celebrate your DH's birthday! And happy you were able to navigate TJ's. Progress, tho painful...

Rebecca - crossing fingers all works out with MIL and your middle sister. Did you say you'd be able to see your other sis as well?

Tracey - love that door, you and your DH do great home renovation work. Can I borrow you two?

Allie - Dr. Pandey must be under a lot of pressure to treat his staff so thoughtlessly - for a little while after that "kid" left I thought he'd seen the light. At least you have days off to get your mind on other things. Is he having any progress in hiring a new office manager? Ah, class reunion. My 50th is in July, back in Indiana. Sent a letter of regret - would love to see and hug so many of my old classmates, am thankful for the wretched Facebook which at least lets me keep up with some of them. B)

Dana - Good job on your weight loss! Doc said I didn't have the classic neuropathy signs - no apparent loss of feeling in feet, but she gave me Gapabentin for the burning.

I think I've been overly aggressive in doing hamstring stretches and my sitting bones hurt when I squat or bend over to weed or pick up the dog. Feels like I spent a day riding to Seattle on a new bicycle seat. Emailed the doc and asked her if there are any physical therapy tips/stretches I can do. Wish it didn't take so darned long to recover from physical aches and pains. I had a lot of Celebrex left from my shoulder problem, I'm hitting that bottle again.

Karen in VA - PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my word, how could you choose just one? Are you thinking of getting another of that breed eventually?

Michele
    - your ceramics are so neat. What a nice hobby to spend some time like that being creative.

NYKaren
    - hope you are doing better. Your DH is a gem, great to get things talked out.

Carol - glad you had better luck at the gym! Yes, BNL is a big responsibility now - can get overwhelming even for care givers half your age. Did the power of attorney papers get tracked down and signed? (((HUGS)))

Time to close for now and get some watering done.

Make a good day, ladies!

Lanette
    Sunny/Scorching SW WA State. B) But back in the 70's then for the forseeable future.

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Lanette- come on down. How much fun that would be <3

Janetr OKC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    Options
    Marta- jump right on in here, lol. Welcome!

Karen in VA - Understandable about the price and vetting process of getting a new purebred pup. Drat, that #&%^#( refrigerator again !!!! Sock it to 'em, lol. >:)

Lisa - our property is nowhere as large as yours, but just carrying veggie trimmings to the compost heap gets me 400 steps. Kind of nice walking alone I think, away from traffic and other people unless I'm really in the rare mood to be sociable. B)

Lanette
    Done watering everything I could think of in Sunny and soon to be hot SW WA State.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Marta ~ Welcome to a great site for us ladies over 50!

Lisa ~ Congrats on your walking! :) I have made myself go to the gym 3 times now and using the treadmill and the bike. I can only do about 5 to 10 minutes on each and then I'm exhausted. Need to learn how to use some of the upper body equipment.

Karen in VA ~ Bailey is such a cutie!

Carol in GA
  • oasis_fan
    oasis_fan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @oasis_fan Love your post! I identify with so much of it! I really hope I don't fall by the wayside either. Got to turn this around! (Is it ok to say that the "soulmate as long as I was thin" part also scared me a bit? Ack!!!)

Thank you. Loved your post, too! Yes, it's definitely ok to say the "soulmate as long as I was thin" part scared you. His mask fell off as soon as my weight put on. He wasn't a nice guy after all. It's ok though and I'm glad I got away.

I like your every day goals and am going to work on mine next. Just keep coming back here every day and I think we will both do well.

Nice to meet you.

oasis_fan a/k/a Nancy from Michigan