WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Rebecca that photo of your son holding Athena and interacting with the dog is just priceless! I am so glad that you found a way to get to meet her (and see your son and DIL too of course!)
    Tracy, the door looks great!
    Janet, boy, it's no wonder that your hubby's ex is his ex! What a cow! Hope you can distance yourself from her cattiness.
    Ugh, I'm supposed to be cleaning house, but here I am instead..... You ladies are just way more interesting than the vacuum cleaner and bathroom cleaning supplies! lol Oh well, it does need to be done and now that I am caught up, I shall go do it.
    Official wi day today, it did not look good, but dinner was VERY salty (it involved saurkraut! YUM!, but oh so salty!) so I think I'll wait and see what the scale has to say tomorrow. Trying to up my water intake today, it seems to be paying off a bit, probably need even more tho!
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Carol Thank you.

I'm so sorry that all of this is going on. It does get to be too much for sure. Big hugs <3

Janetr OKC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Oh Janet the glasses y hair are AWESOME!!!
    GrandMallie hang in there maybe put in a few job applications somewhere else. Swear some bosses end up with the worst employees wonder why...Umm well simple you ran off the good ones long ago! Hop out of there another employer will appreciate you more.If no fish bite try again later. The insurance companies take up sooo much time every nurse I know even family says it so that won’t poof. They make the insurance hoops ridiculous now if days. My Mother was turned down for chemo y pain management by her Obamacare in her last months on Earth. The Doctors y nurses fought with them daily trying..insurance would budge once or twice but a months worth of pain killers for many months only goes so far.
    Amber Tx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Amber TX thank you so much <3

Janetr OKC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Janet, I love the glasses and the new hair cut! Its not here in Vancouver, WA, and I wish I had shorter hair. Maybe next month!
    💖Rebecca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,789 Member
    Options
    Well one thing out of the way is the 40th high school reunion is planned and that is done.. now to contact the ones that aren't on Facebook..
    I'm up way past my bedtime.. but I dont have to work tomorrow, but have to take the dogs to groomers drop them off go feed Dfil breakfast.. come back and get on indeed. Then pick the dogs up and drop them home,fred my DFIL lunch then go back at dinner time.. is that a day off? Lol..oh well
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,677 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.06min, 13.4amph, 140mhr, 1.58mi= 71c
    apple watch- 58c
    MANUAL TREADMILL- walk/slow jog- 16.56min, 117ahr, 139mhr, 1mi= 128c
    apple watch- 142c
    core standing machine- 17.10min, 1st of 10ea, both ways, 1st of 10ea of hamstring leglifts, planks, elbows to hands, standing fast alternate leg crossovers, repeat all 5 times, 117ahr, 143mhr, = 141c
    apple watch- 168c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.26min, 16.3amph, 136mhr, 1.47mi= 65c
    apple watch- 55c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.15min, 12.8amph, 142mhr,3.03mi= 137c
    apple watch- 116c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.04min, 150mhr, 9.50min mi, .51mi= 61c
    apple watch- 62
    jog wrk 2 sta- 78c
    apple watch-
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 182c
    apple watch-

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    KellyKorner: Welcome! Stop by often for encouragement & support. You’ve found an amazing group of women. :star:

Machka: Congrats on a great score for your assignment! 87% is wonderful. WTG!!! :flowerforyou:

Allie: Thanks for your good wishes. I hope to see the kids, too. :smiley:

Vicki GI NE: I’m in similar circumstances and am making progress, one day at a time. I am focusing on counting calories and moving more. It works for me, but I also had to stop indulging in sweetie-treaties, especially the liquid kind. :ohwell:

Mary from MN/AZ: You have set up a very positive situation and I applaud you. :star:

Snowflake: You and I think alike about mapping out stopping places along the way while travelling and resting as needed. :flowerforyou:

Barbara: Sorry to hear about your iphone battery. I was having trouble with mine and went to an Apple Store. They put it on a super charger of some sort and it is as good as new. No charge for the phone but I did buy some new cables. :smiley:

Rita: This is gold. Thank you for a great strategy!!! “Katla the only advice I can give you is pick a mileage and/or hours to drive each day and pick a place to stay the night to aim for. We drive 4-6 hours a day with and hour for lunch break. Equals about 300-400 miles a day. Each night I look for a destination to stay at the next night. Could be camping, state park (my preferred) or boondocks at Walmart. Helps to plan the next day’s stop. We don’t make reservations on long trips in case we don’t make the destination in our allowed time. Makes for a much less stressful trip.

Karen in VA: Your dog is adorable & the group of them in the photo is so very tempting. :heart:

Janet OKC: You are beautiful! :star:

I have a committee meeting this evening and it is time to go. Have a great night.

Katla
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Margaret Is this the cartoon you wanted posted?

j8urqgca5vrm.png

YES! I so identify! This was the cartoon I was talking about!

Janet love the the hair.

(((Carol)))