WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• oasis_fan
    oasis_fan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Katla: Thank you! Bookmarked as instructed. :)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Katla The thanks go to Margaret. I just found and posted the cartoon she alluded to. <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    well I dont know if stress causes weight gain but somehow I gained 5 lbs overnight eating the same stuff...

Yes, stress does make us retain water and gain weight. Everything affects our daily weight: stress, mood, weather, what you ate that day, salt, etc....

Rita

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((RV Rita))) Best wishes for your hip situation. :flowerforyou:
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Margaret--I admire all you are doing for your son. He is so lucky to have you and DH to make sure he gets the care he needs. Please becareful and take care of yourself, sounds like you are stressed. Sounds like he is doing well.

Barbara & Karen--I am still trying to figure out this new phone I got. It is the Iphone XR and I can not figure out how to close the apps. Every once in a while they will pop up and I close them. But no matter how much I swipe from the bottom, side , top they will not show up. And they do not come with much of a instruction book.

Barbara I hope your phone battery lasts until you can get to the other store.

Janetr--I love the new glasses and they look good with your hair. Good picture of DGS and family. They look so young.

Carol--Sorry to hear all the issues with DBIL. Sending hugs for both you and DH. Prayers also.

Allie--Sending hugs and prayers for you also.

Michele--Your Lucy and Snoopy are so cute.

Pip--I am so sorry. Sending lots of hugs and prayers.

Lisa--Congrates on the grant and for all the girls that will benifit.

Feeling a little off today. Guess it could be the feeding party I went on last evening with ice cream. I have to keep it out of the house. But food wise doing better so far today. Going to be a beautiful day around 75.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ✔️1. weigh in 60
    ✔️2. log all
    ✔️30 min exercise
    x 4. five minutes meditation yest :)
    ?5.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project yest :)
    ✔️ 6.produce at least 2-finished pages per day average long term yest :)
    x7. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count) per week yest :)
    x 8. At least 15 min cleaning yest :)
    x9. At least 5 min day filing yest :)
    x10.average 1100 calories net, :/

• Overall Feeling : ok
    • Log all : I think so
    • Exercise : just barely
    • 1100 calories net average : 45 over?
    • Long term writing 2h : maybe not 2h but finished with 1st draft for this round
    • produce at least 2 finished pages per day average long term writing project: finished
    •3 Short term writing/admin per week: 1 done this week
    •cleaning : zilch
    •filing : zilch

Grateful :
    1. coffee with colleague
    2. short talk with other colleague
    3. corrector
    4. break today
    5. finished 100 pages
    6. internet on phone working again
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Janetr- what a beautiful family picture of your Grandsons family!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    Options
    Niece called today turns out she worked on the same floor of the young man who suffered the stroke in Beauty in the Broken Places. She know some of the story but did not know a book was written about it. She is married to an optometrist so the story has even more relevance to her. I told her to have hankies ready.

Yes it is a stressful time and I know I have to be extra careful. Fortunately going to hospital for such long periods is slowing down. I now bring lunch to son and go for a mile walk then DH brings dinner. Much more manageable . I am sleeping much better too!. Other DS will hopefully sleep in his new place now.

:heart: Margaret
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA, thank you for the links. I love reading about cat and dog breeds. It’s astonishing how much variety even without direct intervention is found in one genus and species. The picture of the day you bought Bailey is precious! And Bailey could never be a failure! They want so very much to please us! Sensitive skin must have made his grooming a very tough issue.

Evie, you just never hear people say, “I heard the call of the vacuum and I had to follow!” Lol!

Oh, Allie, my heart goes out to you! I remember feeling that way right before I decided to get a Union job and became a truck driver. Double the money and ‘way lass stress. That’s not what I’m suggesting for you, but it sounds as if a dramatic shift of some sort is in order. My thoughts go with you.

Michele in NC, your ceramics are darling! Are they for the garden, or indoors?

Pip, its very tough news, I know, but you’re handling things in the best possible way, right down to the ending. The picture is sweet. I know the other dogs will help. Snatching every moment of joy while you can is perfect.

Machka, there are a number of stair climbing challenges here in Seattle - the Columbia Tower and the Space Needle are two. I prefer to climb steps only when they’re a necessity for now. My breathing needs to improve more. Walking is helping.

Barbara AHMOD, you mention 5 hours of driving. I suspect that may be the culprit for your leg fatigue - that or possibly lack of potassium? Hope they’re fine today.

Lisa in AR, Girl Scouts did wonders for me. I’m glad those girls will get to have the experience! Thank you for having the skills to do what you do so well! And a half hour for a mile on uneven ground is not so had! Any elevation gain and loss in that circuit?

Marta from Kansas, thanks for the info! I was exactly where you are at that stage in my life. I wish I’d learned what I needed at your age.

Nancy from MI, im creating a separate post for you because I relate SO MUCH to what you say.

Vicki GI ME, just ask Siri “How do I close an app?” and she’ll get you the information.

Hugs back, Heather! Emotional experiences can be very tiring too.

Sharon Near Seattle Nearing 90°F
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: Athena is lovely and cute with her thumb in her mouth. :smiley:

Heather: I’m glad that your friend’s funeral had a beautiful service that did her justice. :broken_heart::heart:

I was able to get prescriptions filled at the veterinary office today, but there were no doctors there. I’m not feeling very good about the situation. I got a message from one of the new doctors that she is taking a few days off & will contact me next week. This is only Wednesday! I can’t imagine an office surviving very long without doctors there consistently. I would prefer to keep our old veterinarian, but he isn’t there anymore and the people who are there have different views on consistent availability than I appreciate. Maybe it will sort itself out. If it doesn’t, I’ll be asking friends who they recommend.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Oasis - Ignore What comes out of a mans mouth as your walking its always a lie to cut you down! It’s their defense mechanism they think you see them as the bad guy so their trying to drag you down to level it out.
    If your weight mattered that much he would have left the 1st 5lbs! You watch he’ll date a hefty girl or two after you . They just never want to admit the real reason from you deserve better to couldn’t hack the responsibilities. Easier to make it look like your fault y walk off. Lose the weight for you not him it’s not why he left anyways. You can date a 600lb man he’ll call you fat as he leaves too why? Their defense mechanism they yell out anything they think will hurt so you forget what they did wrong or won’t see them as a bad guy tell everyone (this is what they think you’ll do because another Gal did in high school decades ago ). They worry about their reputation just like us Gals do. Even if their doing wrong they don’t want a bad reputation. If their good they don’t want one. They lie about the reason for the break up of course because saying what he told you to his Mama would get him slapped 👋. So don’t be surprised if others say didn’t you break up because...XYZ. Don’t know it’s cause he called you fat walked out the door with the real reason forever hidden who cares he’s not the one. If he was he would have stayed helped you work out 🏋️ or buy healthier foods now that you decided to get healthy plus told you the real reason he was stressed so you could tackle stuff together. He would have communicated it been willing to work together. Hey stressed as a Dad help to my job I can’t provide what you deserve fears etc. If your the one you don’t have to poke prod or nag it out of them they tell you without help. If your not the one they bottle it up don’t say a word because their enjoying the ride . Just light a match burn that bridge don’t let him back over. Move on look for MrRight when your ready be yourself that’s who the real guy will want. Only lose pounds for yourself if he said anything about boobs to teeth 🦷 cancel the plastic surgeon 😷 he didn’t mean it. Was the defense mechanism speaking.
    Amber Tx
    It’s the grade school your a poopy head runs off - we grow up y mature ,they stay the same.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Carol - what oven setting how long?