WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    oasis_fan wrote: »
    Oasis - Ignore What comes out of a mans mouth as your walking its always a lie to cut you down! It’s their defense mechanism they think you see them as the bad guy so their trying to drag you down to level it out.

JRsLateInLifeMom Thank you for your post and your insight. Yes, he did all of that, and more. I expected him to so I wasn't surprised when some of the so-called "reasons why she left" that he gave to others made their way back to me. They were hilarious! It's ok. I'm ok. It took me 3 years and a lot of internet research on malignant narcissism, but I have healed mentally, moved on and am now ready to heal physically. I'm doing this for me, my kids and my super cute 10-month-old grandson. Mostly for ME though. Not even worried about finding "Mr. Right." There are worse things in life than being alone. Trust me, I know. :)

Moving forward, I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was a good one. For every 10 pounds I lose, I'm going to give myself a little reward. As I progress, the rewards will (hopefully) get bigger and better. So, here goes:

10 pounds = Pedicure (not the quick and cheap one that I usually get, but the NICE one that costs $20 more and you get the VIP treatment plus an extra 10-minute foot massage).

20 pounds = New jeans (Nice ones. We have jeans day every Friday at work. I work with a lot of millennials and GenY people. Not that I'm trying to "look" just like them, but I think I deserve to have a pair of jeans that are a bit more trendy than what I've got).

30 pounds = New sheets / comforter I've been eyeing for a while. (It's gorgeous!)

40 pounds = Horseback riding lessons. ( I think I should be able to haul myself up into a saddle by that time without 1) passing gas and 2) killing the horse).

50 pounds = New kayak. (My old one was a birthday gift from the Malignant Narcissist "MN", which he took back when I left).

60 pounds = New dining set that's been sitting in my Wayfair cart for ages. (Gonna have to wait a little longer).

70 pounds = New living room furniture. (Not sure what I want yet, but I'm getting SOMETHING!)

80 pounds = Start planning that trip to Scotland! (Even if I have to go alone, I'm going).

Daily goals:

1. Stay within daily calorie range.
    2. Log, log, log, log, log.
    3. H20 x8.
    4. Read, journal, and check-in on loved ones.
    5. Start s-l-o-w-l-y exercising. (I am SERIOUSLY out of shape. The walking in Chicago did me in for days).
    6. Cut way back on the alcohol. (I thought I would be sad about this, but strangely, I'm not. Funny how when you REALLY set your mind to something, you can actually achieve it. Hmmmm).

Thanking you all for your kindness and support. Have a wonderful day!

Nancy from Michigan

P.S. Still working on that photo.

Love those prizes for goals achieved
  • oasis_fan
    oasis_fan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @TerriRichardson112

Thank you! Ireland is also on my list of places to see. I hope you enjoyed your me day and chicken salad.

Michele: Ditto on the pool! Lovely. Don't know if I'll make it to a pool this summer since summer is no where to be found here in chilly Michigan. 65 for a high today and cloudy. Our state color is dull gray.

Nancy

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ✔️2. logged all
    ✔️30 min exercise

✔️.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project today
    ✔️7. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count) per week

✔️10.average 1100 calories net

remaining undone
    -4. five minutes meditation
    - 8. At least 15 min cleaning yest
    -9. At least 5 min day filing yest

• Overall Feeling : medium ok
    • Log all : so far
    • Exercise : walk
    • 1100 calories net average : so far
    • Long term writing 2h : yes
    •3 Short term writing/admin per week: 1 done this week
    •cleaning : not yet
    •filing : not yet

Grateful :
    1. quiet day
    2. some high integrity, clear, colleagues
    3.on track w calories so far today
    4. café I often go to
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,510 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Playing around with Lanette's snack formula ;) instead of playing in the dirt.
    Just had to pop in with the results :smiley:
    9s1fjye4tu8f.png

OK that's enough, NOW I'm going out to the garden.
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Tracey ~ Happy Anniversary! :)
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,807 Member
    Options
    Sharon--Thanks for the advice of asking Siri. I have not used that before so will give it a try.

Heather--Glad the service was nice, sounds like she was a very speical lady. Love the outfit and the shoes look great!

Kim--I could not deal without AC. Be sure and drink lots of water and take care of yourself.

Beth--Sending hugs and prayers for all that you are going on with hearing and lupus.

Michele--WOW!! can I just come stay in your pool yard for a couple weeks. Beautiful.

Rebecca--So sorry about your sister.

Nancy--Your goal idea is great. I will have to do something like that.

Tracey--Happy Anniversary. I know the years fly by. We will be 35 years in Nov.

Well one more day and we start vacation. I will be off until the 17th. So looking forward to it. Not sure what the plans are, but DH and I will take off and end up who knows where. I just want to do as much walking as possible and relax.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    Options
    Tracey- I hope you have a fantastic day together with Roger!

jqwmp9frfb5t.gif
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Did Prevention’s Belly Butt and Thigh DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD for the bosu

Last night at ceramics I got these cukes for free and a box of Thin Mint girl scout cookies which I’m giving to Jess.

Beth – for whatever reason, I never thought of bringing in dirt and putting it over the stumps. What a great idea. I did put some of that stump remover stuff in the stump but someone on here told me it can take anywhere up to 10 years for it to fully disintegrate and I don’t want to wait THAT long before I can plant grass. Why I never thought to put dirt on top and let it take the years to disintegrate, I don’t know. But thanks for giving me the idea. Good luck with the implant. I certainly hope it isn’t Lupus!

Tracey – you’re welcome any time at all. Really, everyone is

Rebecca and bananas – (((HUG)))

Put down weed killer then took more up-to-date pics of the pool. I know people have asked to see all the ceramics, but as you can see, the pool area is quite large and it would take me MULTIPLE pics to get them all in. Looks like you all will just have to come see them….:) Now to go start washing the windows since it’s pretty cool today (the sun isn’t beating down)

Pip – yes, that is our house and pool. Do you think Yogi would like to go down the slide??????

Washing the windows right now. I keep telling Vince that the hmegyf9k9gj1.jpg
    nb7dhb3mrvf4.jpg
    bushes in front of our house are way way too big. He doesn’t think so. I couldn’t squeegee some of the windows because the pole kept getting caught up in the bush. Vince came out some and squeeged those windows. To me, the bushes are way too large, but he won’t budge. I finished the windows (at least the ones that are going to get done). They were really filthy. Well, they haven’t been washed in 12 years. It really would have gone a lot faster had I had help. I guess I just don’t have a lot of patience for someone being in pain all the time.

Terri – we have a heat pump for the spa, but it would take too much for us to heat the entire pool, and we’re in NC where the water gets to in the 90’s in August

Michele in NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Tracey. Happy Anniversary!
  • 1948Peachy
    Options
    Michele ~ What is the tall brick building to the left of your house? Is it a garage?

Just curious!

Carol
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,906 Member
    Options
    I’m bummed! Had a big ok’ post written and in the middle of it MFP app just restarts!

My hip is bursitis and chiropractor won’t help but acupuncture does. I need to find a combination acupuncture/chiropractor near me like I had in CT who would treat it for me. Meanwhile, I do Yoga stretches and specific stretches to target it that I learned the last time. Seems to be healing faster this time.

Bursitis is very common for people who have a tendency to get tendinitis (me) or have legs that are different lengths (me). It is fluid filled sac at your joints called a bursa that gets inflamed for various reasons. A more common place to get it is in your shoulders, but can occur in hips, knees, and elbows too. Many times as a result of injuries or repetitive actions. I aggravated mine by standing in one place working in the rental office and making quick movements to hand ou equipment as if I was younger! Got to slow down when working there (tomorrow!).

Forgot what else I had on my post, so laters ladies!

RV Rita, Roswell NM
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,246 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Tracey

🥂 Happy Anniversary 🍾
    Time flies when you’re having fun!
    We were married 53 years ago on 25 July. People said we would never last! Proved them all wrong!

☘️ Terri N Ireland
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Allie, too bad Dr P doesn't seem to care. I agree with Tracy from Edmonton, when it's time to leave, or just before, let him know that you are on your way out the door in, say 30 min, and "this, this and this are half finished" or whatever and let him make the decision as to what he wants you to do. And why only 39 hours? Is that the limit for your state? We are 40 hours here, I think in all of Canada, before OT kicks in. There is also something about 8 hours and then you are supposed to get OT, it can depend on the job and the total amount of hours worked. For instance, I work an 8.5 hour day, but only work 4 days per week, so I don't get OT. The extra 30 min is in lieu of an unpaid lunch break. This means we get paid for a lunch break, but if it gets busy while we are having lunch, we are expected to get up and help out. I try to pack my lunch accordingly!
    Michele, your pool area is lovely! I think I have an extreme case of pool envy, and I'm not all that keen on swimming!
    Tracy Happy Anniversary!!
    Rebecca, so sorry about your sister and her addiction. Please do be careful in the car with her, maybe suggest that you could be her designated driver? Although that could backfire and she might drink a lot more..... {{{Hugs}}}
    Heather, lovely outfit!
    Lisa, hope your day goes well and that you're not too pooped out at the end of it. Smart packing the essentials! and I did chuckle about the coffee maker being one of those!
    Hugs to those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Stinking hot here yesterday, but it has cooled off considerably here today, not sad about that! The warmth yesterday was nice, but it was too much, I would not do well in a really hot clime!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the Anniversary wishes.

Terri People said that to us as well, gave us a year. I also had a friend that refused to stand up with me because she thought I was making a mistake. I would never say those things to anyone.

Tracey
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Oh Heather, I would feel the same way. I think I would have to let the cleaners go. It would be very easy for them to slip a piece of jewelry in a pocket and you would never know until they were gone.

Happy Anniversary Tracey!

Hugs to all who need them!
    Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • 1948Peachy
    Options
    Heather ~ So sorry about the stolen items. When my BnL's house got burglarized last week, they took a hard drive that had all (and I mean all) his information about financials on it. DH had to close the accounts and hopefully no further harm will be done.

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,757 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Well ugh another lousy day.. he nit picks so much that I cant get my work done everyone left and I was there until 5:45 .. and I have another 8 hr day tomorrow and 5 and a 1/2 on Saterday..by the time I get home I'm mentally exhausted and ready for bed...