TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,246 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,629 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Prevention’s Belly Butt and Thigh DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD for the bosu

Last night at ceramics I got these cukes for free and a box of Thin Mint girl scout cookies which I’m giving to Jess.

Beth – for whatever reason, I never thought of bringing in dirt and putting it over the stumps. What a great idea. I did put some of that stump remover stuff in the stump but someone on here told me it can take anywhere up to 10 years for it to fully disintegrate and I don’t want to wait THAT long before I can plant grass. Why I never thought to put dirt on top and let it take the years to disintegrate, I don’t know. But thanks for giving me the idea. Good luck with the implant. I certainly hope it isn’t Lupus!

Tracey – you’re welcome any time at all. Really, everyone is

Rebecca and bananas – (((HUG)))

Put down weed killer then took more up-to-date pics of the pool. I know people have asked to see all the ceramics, but as you can see, the pool area is quite large and it would take me MULTIPLE pics to get them all in. Looks like you all will just have to come see them….:) Now to go start washing the windows since it’s pretty cool today (the sun isn’t beating down)

Pip – yes, that is our house and pool. Do you think Yogi would like to go down the slide??????

Washing the windows right now. I keep telling Vince that the hmegyf9k9gj1.jpg
    nb7dhb3mrvf4.jpg
    bushes in front of our house are way way too big. He doesn’t think so. I couldn’t squeegee some of the windows because the pole kept getting caught up in the bush. Vince came out some and squeeged those windows. To me, the bushes are way too large, but he won’t budge. I finished the windows (at least the ones that are going to get done). They were really filthy. Well, they haven’t been washed in 12 years. It really would have gone a lot faster had I had help. I guess I just don’t have a lot of patience for someone being in pain all the time.

Terri – we have a heat pump for the spa, but it would take too much for us to heat the entire pool, and we’re in NC where the water gets to in the 90’s in August

Michele in NC

Wowzers!!! I could probably train him to . I gotta visit NC!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    Options
    Michele - when is the pool party? We can set a date and all come and visit you! I’ll bring the meat...

Rori- I have been thinking of you and how you are doing! I’m glad you are doing so well! I very seldom get in 6,000 steps. You are amazing :)

Heather - you looked amazing in your dress! I love your shoes! What a beautiful service for your dear friend <3

Kettlebell Workout

Goblet Squats- 2x5x40, 1x5x45
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 10x7x40, 3x7x45

This weight isn’t getting easier! I’m on week 3. I will assess in two weeks. I might have to repeat this 5 week program again!

Have a great night everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,629 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

no gym workout, just rode to work

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.20min, 13.1amph, 133mhr, 1.60mi= 66c
    apple watch- 63c
    bike ride gym 2 sumner station- 50.42min, 122ahr, 140mhr, 14.1amph, 11.93mi= 460c
    apple watch- 448c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.44min, 9.09min mi, 153mhr, .51mi= 65c
    apple watch- 66
    jog wrk 2 sta- 44.17min, 9.34min mi, 146mhr, .44mi= 61c
    apple watch- 65c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.31min, 7.6amph, 146mhr, 2.61mi= 180c
    apple watch- 140c

total cal 822
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    Carol – yes, that is a two car detached garage that we had built. We have a 2 car garage as part of the house, but Vince wanted the detached garage. There IS a vehicle in there. But only one. The other half of it on the bottom is his music studio. The entire upstairs is his train room. Men and their toys….lol

Tracey – happy anniversary. Irish Terry – WOW! 53 years

Heather – so sorry for your DS and DIL. Aren’t most cleaners bonded? A ring my father gave me was stolen and I know by whom. It was at the Y and it was taken by this little girl. I just keep saying to myself “she needed it more than I did”.

Rori – it’s great to hear that you’ll be here again. And you’ll be able to see all the ceramics. By then, I’ll probably have more. Can’t wait. Great news on the smaller boot

Mary – we’re having a pool party for the Newcomers on July 27 and then one for the neighbors on our street on August 10. You’re welcome any time at all.

Michele in NC
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    Options
    Michele- thanks for the invite I’ll have to take a rain check though we’re going to my husbands all school reunion that weekend!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,041 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    What do you do? Maybe some of the others might want to share their success strategies and exercise.

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona

CI<CO

And a variety of different exercise but my favourite is cycling. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Does anyone else HATE paperwork?

I don't HATE it ... but I'm not fond of it. Plus I've let everything go for so long, I would need a solid week working about 10-12 hours a day to get anywhere close to on top of it. So .... I end up not doing anything about it.

However, it's one of the things on my list for this next month ... to try to make some headway with the paperwork.

Interestingly and oddly, I can hire someone to do just about everything here. We've got a guy who does our lawn. I've hired housecleaners to do floors and bathroom. When we get closer to spring, I'll hire someone to do our windows.

Look ... we've got this company that does it all! https://jims.net/services/ (although we get our lawns done by someone else). But the one thing they don't do is to help a person with the filing and paperwork.

I've looked and looked for someone to do that but all I come up with are personal organisers who either want to charge a massive amount to come in and do stuff (like $120/hour!!) or who run seminars about how to organise yourself. I know how to do it ... I just want someone else to do it.

Machka in Oz

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA, what a mess. Even if/when Jordan repairs it completely, mightn't the compressor fail again, likely after the warranty expires?. What a cluster!
    Allie, could Dr.'s wife come in and cover to avoid incurring overtime? :laugh: then maybe she'd get a clue :noway:
    Nancy from MI those are some motivating rewards, and realistic daily steps to achieve them.
    Tracey a VERY happy anniversary to you and Rodger. 32 years, well done!
    Vickie 3 days doesn't sound like enough vacation to me ;) Safe travels!
    Terri 53 years, WOW! You must have been kindergartners ;)
    Heather :brokenheart: for DDIL's grandmother's jewelry. That hurts my heart. Okie's right, ANYONE could slip into a pocket and you'd never know. Time to put the really precious, irreplaceable things into a locking strongbox or safety deposit box.
    Rita is there no A/C in the rental office? Yikes!

Hmm, the neighbor who is a semi-retired water engineer was going to stop by this evening and tell us what kind of water testing and how much $$. What I really want him to do is test, treat as necessary and give an estimate for simplifying the system. But alas, its 9: pm, Joe's already in bed. Think I'll call him and postpone to his next available time.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Meditate 8/30, knee exercises 9/30, 60 g protein 10/30, vits+rx 9/30, play with Tumble 3/30, AF 11/30, steps: 6608
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for June might be equilibrium.
  • Machka9
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    jhul8rz075y3.jpg

MORE ON OUR GIRL BULLWINKLE:
    I'm so thankful for all of your thoughts and good wishes. the vet said it was aggressive form of cancer. she gave her maybe 1-1/2more months.

So sorry. :(

• Machka9
    Options
    Finished long term 100 page goal
    was writing in bed today. and then had shower and breakfast in bed...

Was that your goal for June? If so ... congratulations! :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    A new friend, with TBI, has an appointment Thursday at 10:00 am PDT. Please send healing thoughts and prayers for best possible outcomes.

Machka so thankful for your sharing of DH and your experiences. Helps me find appropriate responses to my new friend's issues.

So sorry to hear about your friend with TBI. It's definitely a challenge ... for the person and everyone around.

M in Oz

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ✔️1. weigh in 58.9
    - 2. log all
    ✔️3. 30 min exercise
    - 4. five minutes meditation
    - 5. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count)
    - 6. At least 15 min cleaning
    -7. At least 5 min day filing
    -8.average 1100 calories net,

• Overall Feeling : ok
    • Log all : to do
    • Exercise : 20 min elliptical plus walking to gym and back
    • 1100 calories net average :
    •3 Short term writing/admin per week: 1 done this week
    •cleaning :
    •filing

Grateful :
    1. got to gym
    2. sunny day
    3. some high integrity colleagues
    4. mild weather
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @Machka9 that sounds pretty good for your exam. do you try doing mock exams for yourself to get down the timing?
    I actually had a great guy doing some paperwork last year. he took boxes home and filed them (10-12 hours) and then we met 2x a month for 2h and I would stay on top and make slight headway. but he was a bit hyper sensitive and stopped (unfortunately). He apparently works with very well-to-do people and I think he was giving me a discount and that probably came into play, long-term : it was motivating to find a reason to not continue. He charged 30 euros and hour and was very competent. But he charges some other people the double for his time. That is really a niche for people to develop as so few people do that work (especially well). The 100 pages was one of my goals. The corrector is still going over stuff and I still need to reread, but my hardest part is over. I'm not totally happy with what I've produced, which is not a finished draft.

@coastalgosgal I'm sorry about your sister.

@Poerava14 I'm so sorry about your brother. I hope things work out ok.
  • bananasandoranges
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I've got a ton of work today. Basically 2 meetings

one from 11:30-1:30 at one school, hopefully interesting
    I need to look at the files again and take notes.

one from 2:30 to ? at another school - unsure if it'll be interesting. the content is important but some people are interesting.

I have to give in notes for 4 classes. I have some written assignments to correct before giving notes.

that may be this evening.

my place is a mess so I think I will do the dishes and at least 15 min of cleaning. that stil leaves me at least 1.5h to review notes.

and, if time, start getting grades together.
    at this school for no good reason, we have to fill in a weird chart rather than entering the grades online (as many other teachers do) it's messed up.