WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Heather you look lovely, but then you always do. What a beautiful tribute to Ros. Well done.

Beth - I am praying all goes well for you. You may recall, I had that horrible rash (huge splotces) three years ago when were on a three month trip in the motor home. I went to several doctors, they ran all kind of tests, sent me to the hospital for further testing, etc. I was also told by one doctor it may be lupus, thankfully it wasn't. After all the tests, they never could determine the cause. They put me on steroids for a week, 14 days, one month every time I was back off the steroids the rash came back within 24 hours. I was eventually put on steroids for three months and it didn't return after that. Hopefully your rash will end on the same positive note. Biggest Big Hugs <3

We have a grandson son getting married in July and another in December. Oh my goodness.

Love you my friends,
    Janetr OKC
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Beth sending you healing thoughts.

KJ, Kelly how are you?

Happy Friday everyone, I'm looking forward to putting this week behind me, I'm letting my negative thoughts run the show lately and it's time that stops. Anyway, I'm looking forward to a family get together this Sunday for my twin niece and nephew's high school graduation and a little nod to father's day. Hope to have nice weather and a pleasant drive to PA for the get together, haven't been surrounded by my big family in a very long time.

NYKAREN
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,415 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    ppp
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,205 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new posters here. :)

We were all new once!

Jump right in and tell us a little bit about yourselves.

Machka in Oz
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Workoutaholic ~ Welcome! My Pom looks just like yours!

Carol in GA
  • Machka9
    Options
    im on 2nd day of antidepressants. Still feeling off. And not at all looking forward to work.. I pray my way through everyday.

It takes a good week, or more likely two weeks, before antidepressants take effect. And in fact, you may feel worse before you feel better. But even if you have some really low days, stick with them, and one day a week or two from now, you'll feel better. :)

M in Oz

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Allie ~ I have lived on antidepressants for most of my adult life...runs in my family. Take care and give them time to work.

Carol in GA
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Y’all seem like a tight group of ladies who really support each other.Do y’all have room for one more?

Always room for one more. Jump right in, tell us a little about yourself and a name you'd like to be called. If you sign each post it helps us keep every one straight. Welcome :)

Janetr OKC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :) Busy day planned. I walked the dogs for 40 minutes when we got up, just finished breakfast. We'll walk for about 90 minutes then I'll teach my beginner line dance class. Jake has an appointment today with the doctor to talk about the latest blood test results and whether he'll need more cancer treatment. Later there will be time to work in the yard and then watch some TV and ride the exercise bike.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Barbiecat,I’m sorry to hear that y’all are dealing with cancer.I’ve had family that has had it and my youngest daughter just got her pap results back and it’s abnormal.Shes So upset,but I tried to tell her it’s going to be alright.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    im on 2nd day of antidepressants. Still feeling off. And not at all looking forward to work.. I pray my way through everyday.

It takes a good week, or more likely two weeks, before antidepressants take effect. And in fact, you may feel worse before you feel better. But even if you have some really low days, stick with them, and one day a week or two from now, you'll feel better. :)

M in Oz

for me when i was on them, i took a month.. if i didn't feel a change, they would try another pill, so another month. until i got the right one that worked for you. it's hard, but let it do it's work. if you don't feel any improvement, talk to your doc about trying another one.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    I had some trouble signing on on this computer today so it made it difficult to comment.

Hope everyone is having a Blessed day!

Allie I agree with others. Tell yourself to hang in there one more day and things will get better. As you have heard my recent story of my son who went from catatonic, no food or drink for three days, frozen in his body to walking a mile with me in a week I am now a firm believer in the power of the human spirit and faith. I kept telling my son how proud I was of how hard he is fighting to get well.

I will say the same to you. I am proud of your fighting spirit. It is easier to applaud others when things are going right, and they are doing well. I believe the unsung heroes are the ones who persevere when the going gets tough.

Enjoying Irises given to me as plants over 25 years ago. The friend has since moved to Texas. I sent her a copy of the picture too. Flowers do keep on giving.

a9bfx172n0a1.jpg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Rebecca))) So sorry your sister is caught up in alcoholism. My auntie was, too. She & her DH were drinking buddies. After he passed away she eventually cleaned up her alcoholism and turned back into the wonderful person she was meant to be. She was well past 60 by then. :flowerforyou:

Nancy in MI: I love your list of progressive rewards. Brilliant! :bigsmile:

Snowflake: I just read your advice to Allie. Brilliant! :star:

Michelle: Your yard is beautiful! :smiley:

Rita: Sorry to hear about your hip. DH is also having hip problems, and so is our dog. :ohwell:

Terri in N Ireland: Happy 53rd Anniversary!!! WTG!!! :star: Our 50th will be next March.

Heather: I am so sorry about the loss of your DIL’s family jewelry. How very cruel. :sad: I would be tempted to confront the cleaner in charge and see what she/he could do to recover the missing treasures. :grumble:

Rita: Is the rental office at your park air conditioned? Do everything you can to stay cool. Drinking loads of water is one potentially useful strategy. :flowerforyou:

Machka: Congrats on finishing your exam. :star:

(((Pip))) So sorry to hear about Bullwinkle’s cancer. :cry: Our old dog is also losing ground. He has a painful hip that we’re treating with prescription pills and CBD oil. They help, but don’t always help enough. Old dogs are a treasure. :heart:

(((Allie)))

Barbie: Sending good thoughts for Jake. :heart:

This morning when I got up to let the dog out for his morning “constitutional” I saw a doe in our yard. I think she may be the same one we encountered in the park at the end of the road a week or so ago. She was beautiful and graceful, and clearly not thrilled to see us. She took off at a good pace when she noticed I was there with the dog

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »

M in Oz

for me when i was on them, i took a month.. if i didn't feel a change, they would try another pill, so another month. until i got the right one that worked for you. it's hard, but let it do it's work. if you don't feel any improvement, talk to your doc about trying another one.

Yes, I've read it can take up to a month.

They put me on one and I went from depressed and struggling with my husband's injury into a really, really dark and horrible place for a couple weeks, and then I came out the other end and felt all right. Two weeks later my gynaecologic-oncologist decided to change what I was on so that it would help reduce my hot flashes better. So I had to go off the original ones for 2 weeks, then onto the new ones and go through those 2 weeks of dark and horrible before I finally settled on these. I'm still not positive they're 100% right, but better than nothing ... and my hot flashes have eased a lot.

M in Oz