WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Have a wonderful weekend,ladies!!!I’m always up early,so I’ll be here in the morning 😊
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 9min, 12.1amph, 131mhr, 1.81mi= 77c
    apple watch- 63c
    HELIX MACHINE- 26min, 110ahr, 132mhr, 56arpm,lvl1-6, 2.67mi= 174c
    apple watch- 152c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.47min, 18.5amph, 125mhr, 1.47mi= 50c
    apple watch- didn't record
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station, small detour- 17.19min, 11.9amph, 131mhr,3.43mi= 140c
    apple watch- 123c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.02min, 145mhr, 9.43min mi, .51mi= didn't record
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.15min, 9.28min mi, 147mhr, .44mi= 57c
    apple watch- 45c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.29min, 8.1amph, 145mhr, 2.61mi=188c
    apple watch- 108c

total cal 744
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Barbie,I’m so happy that y’all got good news today!!😊😊Will Keep y’all in my prayers.My oldest brother was diagnosed 2&1/2 years ago with stage 4 tonsil cancer and it was inoperable.But he is cancer free and living every day to the best he can.Hes not back to 100%,and may never be,but he’s still here to enjoy everything he can.
    Debby in Va
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    If I miss a dose or try to wean off of them, I get panic attacks and ended up in the ER the last time.

It's amazing how missing one can have such an effect. I missed one last week and felt really "off" all day ... even my husband picked up on it and kept asking if I was OK.

cmsavells wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    im on 2nd day of antidepressants. Still feeling off. And not at all looking forward to work.. I pray my way through everyday.

It takes a good week, or more likely two weeks, before antidepressants take effect. And in fact, you may feel worse before you feel better. But even if you have some really low days, stick with them, and one day a week or two from now, you'll feel better. :)

M in Oz

for me when i was on them, i took a month.. if i didn't feel a change, they would try another pill, so another month. until i got the right one that worked for you. it's hard, but let it do it's work. if you don't feel any improvement, talk to your doc about trying another one.

Yes, I've read it can take up to a month.

They put me on one and I went from depressed and struggling with my husband's injury into a really, really dark and horrible place for a couple weeks, and then I came out the other end and felt all right. Two weeks later my gynaecologic-oncologist decided to change what I was on so that it would help reduce my hot flashes better. So I had to go off the original ones for 2 weeks, then onto the new ones and go through those 2 weeks of dark and horrible before I finally settled on these. I'm still not positive they're 100% right, but better than nothing ... and my hot flashes have eased a lot.

M in Oz

Machka - I’m seriously thinking about talking to my doctor about Effexor. I can’t do hormone replacement therapy because my mom had breast cancer 41 years ago and we don’t know the hormone status. Heaven knows I could use some mental assistance because I don’t want to get where I was last fall (a bag of Halloween candy every day is NOT a good thing), and I know Effexor has been used for hot flashes.

Does it help any at all??

Connie in KY

That's the one I'm on and yes, it does seem to help. At first, the hot flashed diminished to a few times in the evening (rather than every 15 minutes all day long), and then only when I was really stressed, but in the last few months I've rarely had one. So I think it takes a while to take full effect.

I also can't do HRT.

The non-medicinal methods helped for a while when my hot flashes were mild, but they got to the point where nothing was touching them and it was getting really embarrassing. I'd be in meetings trying to discuss something and look cool, calm and collected, but I'd be beet red, gushing sweat, and feeling dizzy and nauseated. It got to the point where I had enough.

I'm not Machka, but I took Effexor when I was menopausal, and it did help relieve my hot flashes and had the added benefit of curbing my urges to throw things. :naughty:

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

That describes it perfectly. :grin:

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Debbie – I like Jari Love, Michelle Dozois (did I spell that right?), lots of others. Do you have Prevention’s 1-2-3? If not, I’d certainly consider selling it to you. I also have Gold Gym’s muffin top meltdown, Prevention’s Get Moving and My Fitness Coach for the Wii. There are many different workouts on this for the Wii in different lengths of time. Actually, if anyone is interested, just PM me. I forgot to mention that I have a stability ball also. I don’t think I’ve ever heard of nutriblast. What is it?

Came back from Savannah Sipping Society. It was a hoot.

Michele in NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    Barbie may good news continue for yo and Jake.
    :heart: Margaret
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    15th June, 2019 is Nature Photography Day

Read all about it here: https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/nature-photography-day/

I might have to get out and take a photo! :)

Machka in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Kate love the brollies!
    Vickie insurance wouldn't cover blood test to accurately prescribe antidepressant? That's crazy bad. Is there an appeals process?
    Felicia "curbing my urge to throw things." I could have used that during the Decade of Anger.
    Debby in VA can you get a second opinion on the thumb and pinkie pain? (((hugs))) tears can be healing, let them flow and remember to breathe out, your body will breathe in for you.
    Barbie thanks for sharing Jake's great news!
    Michele can you tell us a little about the Savannah Sipping Society? SOunds like fun!
    Machka Love Holst's Planets, some of them at least... ;)
    Rebecca love the pic of Aurora and Athena!

Too sleepy to comment more, too tired even to eat ice cream... and that's a GOOOD thing ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Meditate 8/30, knee exercises 9/30, 60 g protein 12/30, vits+rx 11/30, play with Tumble 3/30, AF 13/30, steps: 8789
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for June might be equilibrium.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ✔️1. weigh in 59.4
    -2. log all
    -3. 30 min exercise
    -4. five minutes meditation
    -5. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count)
    -6. At least 15 min cleaning
    -7. At least 5 min day filing
    -8. average 1100 calories net

• Overall Feeling : mixed
    • Log all :
    • Exercise :
    • 1100 calories net average :
    •3 Short term writing/admin per week:
    •cleaning :
    •filing :

Grateful :
    1. warmer weather
    2. less work pressure this weekend
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    On a more positive note I spent the better part of yesterday in 2 long meetings/work sessions. they went well. the first was particularly positive. I am low on the totem pole but I gave my point of view and several people agreed with me. notably there is this most senior person who had ideas that were off the mark. I evoked another point of view 2 or 3 times and several agreed with me. it was all very friendly and no-one was offended.

The second working meeting is more complex - as a previous representative I'm following up on internal bilan of one school. The direction was not working seriously and was hiding some stuff, and the 2nd and 3rd meetings were carpy. The last and this one have been the only real working meetings in a year where we are participating. it really seems to depend on who is there. if certain people are there they seem to be much more respectful.
    The so-called "inspector" is paid for by the government service that manages the school.

(in France traditionally most of the top schools are public not private- that is changing some).

He mostly makes jokes and tries to keep the status quo. I really think they get him in there to keep things as they are.
    He said that not all names should appear in a list of employees and we should not all have job descriptions, that our contracts are our job descriptions (etc) they are not !

The HR director was much more respectful this time than the last time. There's a lot of tension though.

the work doctor was there and he's very respectful and his presence makes the atmosphere better. there have been many complaints by some employees about pressure or poor conditions and the HR director surely doesn't want to be seen by the doctor as not respectful.

I have reread 2 things today. Yay! just 2 more pages or so to go. the rereading is pretty quick. the heavy work is in my corrector's hands.

She's so devoted and not expensive at all. A young retiree.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    June Goals mid-month check-in

Health
    1. Track all yes
    2. Lose at least a kilo (2.2 lbs) I think I'm about 1/4 of kilo (1/2 pound) down in 2 weeks, due to below!
    4. Average 1100 calories net no, I averaged 200 per day over 1st week and 100 per day over this past week
    5. At least 30 min exercise 6 days a week yes
    6. Five minutes meditation 5 days a week some days
    7. Write what I'm grateful for here daily yes

Long term writing
    8a.Spend at least 2h/day on long term writing project average yes until finished
    8b.produce at least 2 pages per day average yes until finished
    8c. Send 26 pages to correctors by June 10 by June by June 12th
    8d. 76 pages sent off by the post by June 17th should be done, the corrector promises this

Home
    9. Average at least 15 min/day of cleaning more or less

Paper
    11. Average at least 5 min/day of filing no
    11a. Take care of at least 3 short term (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill per week. did last week, not yet this week
    11b. Make a list of short term tasks, etc and prioritise them, and do them. no

Art
    12. do 5 min of artwork or music/day hardly at all

Remaining from May to do in first week of June: Make appointment with dentist
    2. dentist 2 and acupuncturist not at all
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    not so bad on June goals. the weight is slow and tenuous. writing done and on track. ouf.
    home and filing needs attention
    not to mention art