WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @kevrit sorry to hear about the bursitis. I had shoulder bursitis a few years back but then it got better;

@cityjaneLondon that's sad about the jewellery and also that its the same cleaner. the idea about starting with podcast and website sounds on the mark.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    Options
    Barbie: That is good news about Jake.

Much to do today, so no time for more comments. Type to y'all later.

☘️ Terri in rainy N Ireland
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Good morning,ladies!☕️
    Debby in Va
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Still haven't decided what to do about the cleaner. They were such good cleaners. :'( I could ask that the boss always cleans in the team, but I was a bit annoyed before all this happened about her switching times and dates at the last minute. Grrrrrrrrrr! I think I will just cancel them. :sad:

I plucked up the courage to weigh myself this morning. :o I am 4 lbs over target. :o I knew I must be, but now I have the objective evidence. That's a gain of a pound a month since March, but most of it must have been in the last month. Sooooooooooooo, back to what worked in the past and no slacking and over indulging. There were a few days in the last couple of weeks that I didn't track at all. I know I was way over.
    All that is going to stop. I want to be back at target for the school year reunion.

Bananas and Lisa - I'm so conflicted as to what to do publicity wise, or even if I want to do it at all. My first priority is to finish the second volume of my memoir and, like you Lisa, I feel anything else will just be a distraction from the real task. I also hate technology! I did charge up my old laptop today, which has been in the cupboard for months. My new laptop hasn't been out of its box since I moved here. It is now two and a half years old and I've barely switched it on. I am scared of getting it all wrong. The mere thought of it makes me go cold and sweaty. (I write all this stuff on my tablet and phone) How to get publicity for my self published books seems a very difficult problem and I'm scared of going down the wrong avenue.
    It doesn't help that I find myself extremely envious of those who do happen to have the gift of self publicity. And then I criticise myself for being so petty and jealous. I don't like the feeling and wish I could rise above it.
    My DH says, "Well, you've read all these books about 'letting go' etc, why don't you put it into practice?"
    My answer is, "I'm only human and I have feelings. I can't always be perfect."

Today there is some free jazz down at the i360. Maybe a bit of dancing. We will wander down there after lunch. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Workoutahloic50
    Options
    RV Rita,what do you do that puts you outside in the heat??Just wondering,because my one job ,I work outside from Easter to Christmas.
    Debby in Va
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    15th June, 2019 is Nature Photography Day

Read all about it here: https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/nature-photography-day/

I might have to get out and take a photo! :)
    Machka in Oz

The last few leaves on our Japanese maple ...

48066095561_af8ed039c9_c.jpg

48066200182_3151655527_c.jpg

And more from other times: https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/ :)

How about you? :grin:

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Friday - My husband and I got out for a short ride late in the day. It was a lazy day for me after a stressful week, so the sun went down soon after we got out there.

Distance: 7.03 km
    Elevation: 44 m
    Moving Time: 27:27
    Elapsed Time: 28:05
    Speed: Avg: 15.4 km/h | Max: 28.1 km/h

Saturday - My husband and I got out for a longer ride today! And then stopped for fish and chips toward the end of the ride. :)

Distance: 29.36 km
    Elevation: 206 m
    Moving Time: 1:40:35
    Elapsed Time: 2:35:33
    Speed: Avg: 17.5 km/h | Max: 28.8 km/h

From where we stopped to eat:

48066194057_b6bded3635_c.jpg

48066139373_70bfcdbbaf_c.jpg

Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/machka-bb/

Machka in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Rebecca! :flowerforyou:

Allie it is frustrating but others are right it does take time for the medication to work. Hope your day at work goes better today!
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, glad you're back safe and sound with Athena and sober family. Happy birthday!

tenor.gif?itemid=5085116
  • Workoutahloic50
    Options
    Happy Birthday 🎂🎉!!!!!Nutriblast is made in a nutribullet-spinach,cucumber,pineapple,orange and coconut water.Healthy and filling drinks.
    Debby in Va
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    m1241.gif , Rebecca!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @cityjaneLondon

If you think it would be a distraction, maybe you could stick to your memoire, especially if you don't like computers.
    It seems like most people undertaking any enterprise other than salaried work have to have some digital identity and self-promotion. If you have the means maybe you could pay someone to do it for you. that might be more palatable.
    I am not a great example. I went to a class a couple of weeks ago on visual identity taught at the library offered by the school. it gave a few tips, but basically they said you have to regularly add to whatever format you use (facebook, instagram, etc.) if you don't use it a lot it's not really useful. I just don't feel a need to post regularly most of the time. I am not number one in self-promotion. I do have a website, it is lowkey. maybe you could look at websites you like (of all sorts) and see if you find one you find appealing.
    you could do a bi-monthly or quarterly post.

I guess these days much is about getting buzz or even going viral. and I' just am not really working in a way for that to happen at present;

that said, making a website can also be fun and there is no rush. when I first did I just had one page and one picture. for quite some time no rush is needed! it's up to you.

also I had some writing stuff that I originally put in a blog but then I realised it would be better to not put it out publicly until is was more finished. so there's that!
    good luck with that!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    I spoke to a union rep and she gave me some tips about my thesis director (not that much I can do). she said it's very unlikely that they don't give me the 6th and final year since I will have given the 100 pages requested. and in that case they will back me up. my department is not at all up to snuff unfortunately. it's a school with a decent repreutaiotn, but inside it's very old school with teachers scratching one and others backs and protecting one and other...
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Another thread elsewhere asked, "what is your happy place"?

Mine is cycling long distances out in the country. :)

Or just being outside in nature.

But sitting here at my table looking out past the trees at the blue water of the bay while listening to classical music (Gustav Holst's The Planets, right now) is nice too.

Machka in Oz

One of many possible examples ... :)

gykecm819j37.png

And you?

M in Oz