WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Kim - I didn't find your post political, I hope that you find something that will help make up your loss from the school.

Beth - I hope that your husband has started treatment fast enough. A friend of mine had lyme disease when it was a fairly new disease. It seems they've come a ways treating it now.

Margaret - I hope your son telling his story is cathartic to him and I hope he continues to get well.

Connie and Ginny - I too hold onto things for years. In 1997 when we moved from NB to Alberta I had to downsize considerably. I had a large hamper full of cards that I had received from the time I was about 13 (around 27 years worth) birthday, Christmas, Anniversary, etc. I also had all of my husband's and daughters. I decided I would throw them away, I lugged that hamper up the stairs and out to the garbage bin. I went to hoist it up to put in the bin when I realized I couldn't do it emotionally even if I could do it physically. I got that hamper back into the apartment and it stayed at my Grandmother's house for years. I went through it and saved a bunch of cards and just this past winter I went through them again to try to get rid of some more. I have a cedar chest and probably 3 boxes worth of mementos that I need to figure out what to do with.

Barbara - My husband is very handy which is really good to have. My Dad was a carpenter and electrician. I know enough to get by, but hubby truly does most of the work. The paneling has been replaced in about 1/4 of this trailer with drywall. Yes casing is the moulding around the doorway and floorboards. I will post a picture of the bathroom door after this. I so love it!

Rebecca - I have anxiously been waiting for that picture of you and Athena Rose. How lovely. Get all the snuggles you can.

Viv in UK - So sorry to hear about your Dad.

Heather - Love the shoes.

Carol - I logged in to read around 45 minutes ago and still have 2 pages to go. There were 75 new posts since I read last night. We sure are a talkative bunch. :) I'm so happy you had a better experience today.

Mary - Wow you are stunning! You did all of that with kettleball exercises? What else did you do?

Rori - What a lovely picture. My lifelong best friend and I have been friends since Grade 2. I am so anxious to see her when she comes for my daughter's wedding. 26 days to go for the wedding, so 24 for her.

Janet - I think I would choke on my water if someone asked me that too. Isn't that one of those questions you shouldn't ask anyway?

Well I am caught up again and will probably be behind again tomorrow. Kaitlyn is coming tomorrow so we can craft the gifts for the bridal party. We also have a couple of errands to run. I am making supper for all of us as well.

We got the bathroom door installed today after I finished painting and doing touch ups. I am so happy with how it turned out and we have decided that for sure we will be buying another one for our bedroom door when I get back to work. This was one of the two big things I wanted done before Rodger's Mom and my best friend arrive. The other is cutting down three trees that are dying. 2 cedar and 1 bush of some kind. That will be done by this weekend I'm sure. There are 4 that needs cut, but the other one is fine for this year if need be.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Janetr- you are very welcome! Your profile picture is stunning! I’m glad you have had great success with the Kettlebell. It tightens up every thing over time. What a great sideways compliment from Jack’s ex! You definitely are a success story!

<3

Mary from Minnesota/Arizona
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,372 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Tracey in Edmonton this woman is a piece of work. From the time I first started dating Jack she has said/asked outrageous things. Very often I've had to go clear outside so no one would see my tears. I just think she's never heard the word restraint. I can't help but think these these type of people must be very unhappy. I refuse to let them steal my joy :)

Janetr OKC
    This looks like a classic case of ex-wife jealousy, Janet. This saddo hasn't resolved her feelings about her failed (marriage?). You have what she patently wants. So she very deliberately sets out to embarrass or wound you.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rori: What a wonderful photo! :heart: I hope we’ll get to see you on a future trip. :flowerforyou:

I have been hoping for DH & I to travel to see my daughter and her children this summer but DH is not supportive of the idea. He doesn’t feel up to the trip, and it would be a long one. I keep hoping. He has suggested that I fly by myself to see them. I’ve done it before. I hoped for the RV trip and still do.

I would love to get some suggestions and advice from Rita, Mary and others who’ve taken long RV trips. We’ve travelled within a few hundred miles of home but haven’t gone farther than 400 miles from home in the RV so far.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kellyswimmer
    kellyswimmer Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    love to join in. Need motivation. been stuck on 12.01 for normally 10 days now. driving me mad.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @KellyKorner0402 Welcome! You joined in by posting. Where are you from?

Karen in Virginia
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    added on to earlier post

✔️30 min exercise (little walk)
    ✔️.Spend at least 2h on long term writing project (precisely 2)
    ✔️produce at least 2-finished pages per day average long term (precisely 2)

I'm gonna attack 8 for sure (basic tidying and possibly ironing), and hopefully 9 and one of 7

and then will still have time for correcting or writing

to do
    - 7. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count) per week
    - 8. At least 15 min cleaning
    - 9. At least 5 min day filing
    -10.average 1100 calories net,
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Machka~ with all you have going on,I admire your determination for school... I was never ever a good book learner.. and I only skated by the skin of my teeth..
    I am up and showered, watched Joyce, got my lunch together and today will be my long day..have to work until 6 ,and then have a meeting to finally plan our 40th high school reunion for this labor day weekend...
    i have started taking meletonin again and it seems to help at night do thats good..
    Heather~ I hope the celebration of Ros life will bring you comfort..she sounds like she was a awesome person..
    Katla~ I sure hope you can go visit your kids...
    I would love to take an RV trip someday...
    Pip ~I am praying for Bullwinkle I hate to see our dear pups grow old my other 2 are 13
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Tracey - The door looks great!

Okie
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,093 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Tracey in Edmonton this woman is a piece of work. From the time I first started dating Jack she has said/asked outrageous things. Very often I've had to go clear outside so no one would see my tears. I just think she's never heard the word restraint. I can't help but think these these type of people must be very unhappy. I refuse to let them steal my joy :)

Janetr OKC

Glad you are not letting her take any of your power.

Tracey love love love the door.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rori ~ Great photo of you, your hubby, and friends. So glad you had a good time.

Tracey ~ Yes! That door looks great. You and your husband are so talented.

Welcome to all the new posters and best wishes to all!

Carol in GA
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Oh Tracy - Barn doors my favorite! Hubby trying to take the country out of me turn me into a city girl for years,but not working. Lol I get more country with age.
    As to Ms Edmonton we let these Women like her run us over too many decades. Start practicing in a mirror things to say. Remember when everything said y done your day will still be great. She will be bitterly staring out a window like usual crying.So don’t let her put her sorrow on you! When she asks something outrageous answer like you deaf ...she asks why would you marry him?.... Say Yea he did make me beautiful doors thanks for asking.
    That’s not what I asked! .... I know they are hard to install but he did it out of love.
    She says something else say... yes it dies look like rain. She’ll get bored of it either get the hint your not going to play her game or you call her such a wonderful B word with a smile walk off like you said a compliment. Leave her crying y confused for once looking dumb. The others will console her then walk off seeing you as a hero they’ll slowly start de crowning their queen bee!

Amber Tx.