WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,275 Member
    Options
    KJ - Good move! You deserve regular hours. <3 Are you managing to save for a pension?

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,375 Member
    Options
    Kelly - does this mean you won't be taking Trentin on weekends and evenings? I am crossing my fingers it all works out for you - you deserve a better schedule that gives you more normal hours - and weekends off! Your home is already set up for it and there shouldn't be any problems with parking or traffic like if you had a retail business.

Barbara AHMOD - keeping the bear out of the trashcan? :# . Thankfully the only new wildlife in our neighborhood is a raccoon. So far the deer haven't hit the back yard and garden but let's not say that very loud, lol. The hornets are back this year, I removed 2 nests from the deck - one under the handrail and one UNDER the deck - the little buggers would climb up between the boards and kind of swarm around and Rosie got stung. I declared war, probably used half a can of spray but looks like I melted it. These are the bald faced mean, mean ones that sting just for the pleasure of it and make those big paper nests. Makes me appreciate the wasps that I see on flowers who are mostly content to mind their own business.

Lisa - kudos for going out of your comfort zone. I'm sure you'll be a hit - everyone will love chatting up with you.

Kate
    - thank you for posting the info about the umbrellas! Remarkable art! Glad your DH's face is getting better.

NYKaren- fresh local tomatoes! I can't wait - mine are at least a month away. We get a lot of produce from Eastern Washington where it's warmer and drier, I reckon they'll be trucking tomatoes over here before long. I channeled you this past week and prepared a huge container of veggies to snack on - cut up carrots, celery, cauliflower. I get a big tub of Sabra Hummus. Perfect snack, why it has taken me a couple years of hearing about it to actually DO it is a good question, lol.

Ok ladies, those stretches aren't going to do themselves, lol. Make it a great week! <3B)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,069 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,990 Member
    Options
    Busy Monday. Work. Arranging appointments. Podiatrist and new orthotics. Laundry. Chicken-veg curry started. Cycling Club President work.

I'm not convinced about the orthotics yet. I feel like the arch is too far back and I'm not sure if that's where it is supposed to be and my foot is "off" or if the orthotics are off.

Machka in Oz
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Rebecca - Baby day/night mix up the sun naturally resets them.
    1.At night when asleep make it dark no lights on just night light if need be a flashlight on low to find things....turn a hallway light on creak the door open a tad when changing diapers
    2. Day always have Sun light during naps!!! Not full sun on them but the room needs to have any blankets over windows off. Needs to be brightly lit.
    This naturally sets a persons body clock ⏰. Time of our birth effects sleeping too. Were born folks keep us up a few hours tons of visitors.Then sleep 😴 at an odd time of day. Has to be unlearned naturally like a Rooster to us sunlight through a window we think morning even if we’re sleeping in/afternoon naps. Lol feedings we’ll let baby feed when it wants that nonsense they have about hours to amount is ridiculous. Daughter drank more milk than JR she’s short skinny. JR drank more than the doctor said he’s skinny super tall other 2yr olds are 1/3rd his size. He feeds less when not hungry I allow baby to decide he’s done or not.If I feel he needed to wait cause his tummy looked extended (boredom feeding lol) I made him wait played with him.
    No baby is like another so charts that say to everyone the same needs exactly this amount or things are going to leave issues that’s why every darn baby I meet I hear they have ANEMIA now! Their introducing solids too soon y stopping formula/breast going straight to cows milk without toddler milk vitamins to insure their getting their iron intake. We used Enfamil Toddler milk when he was old enough/Daughter Nido powder.
    Keep an eye on weight/height a lot of baby products they outgrow the safety limit too soon when their healthy. Eczema they say introduce solids at 1yr plus.

Barbara SOC- I think I got a bag of Splenda unless I gave it to my Mother-in-law. JR loves cookies homemade so trying to make all of our recipes healthier.This is a permanent thing since JR a big boy who will be a bigger boy if School snacks aren’t to his liking yet healthy choices. Let’s face it kids doesn’t want broccoli 🥦 very often but you have a almond milk cookie with healthiest ingredients that’s better choice. I have an app to monitor his weight to calories he’s on maintain/gain . Dieticians are wonderful we make sure he’s getting a lot of vitamins he’s a fast grower so needs to meet his goal daily for rapid bone growth.JRs refuses to drink milk but will eat milk/almond milk products plus he’s on vitamin D.Other app also has a Dieticians on top of his baby one.

Storm today. Steaming food being good 1/2 restaurant plates 2days is enough back on track no weight gain I maintained.
    Amber Tx.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Turned out good my steamer takes 22min switches to warm got this after from that...just add freash salad items on the side.4oz tea red diamond,margarine on the side 1tsp- total 319calories for everything even drink. Water also.
    Amber Tx
    Hubby y me eating a feast but it’s very few calories
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Janetr: Happy first anniversary to your grandson. Sorry about the tree damage.:star:

Heather: Thank you for your kind words. :heart:

Barbie: I’ve watched the Great British Baking show on PBS for years. I’ve had more trouble finding it lately. It is fun to see them at work, but nothing they cook is food we could eat without severe digestive problems for one or the other of us. No real butter in my world, and no wheat flour in DH’s world. :ohwell:

Pip: Love your dog photo. Was that at the Vet’s office? Our long time Vet has evidently sold his practice to some women who think we should pay quarterly fees whether our dog needs an appointment or not. If they institute this policy we’ll be looking for a new vet.

Yoga today and I need to get going or miss out. Have a great day!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @Machka9 it says mfp "calculates automatically based on your daily goal, you just pick what day to start the 7 days from."settings, weekly nutrition settings on the app."

but I don't see weekly nutrition settings under settings!
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Bead owl,we used to breed and raise German shepherds.I miss having those big,lovable babies around.8 months after our last shepherd passed away,we adopted our girl. I do admit,they steal your heart.
    Debby in Va
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA - oh, yes, I actually like the driving part. Hands-free calls with my younger sister and with my best friend (in order according to how early I leave, one's an early riser, one is not) and lots and lots of Public Radio in between. In another job, where my husband actually could take vacation, he went on a number of business trips with me. These days, not an option.

Regards,
    Lisa in AR
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    @spikeyhair glad I'm not alone.

@Machka9 awesome that you need no splurges!

@auntiebk I thought of the salt. we'll see! sounds like perfect presents for Joe!

sent off my 100 pages today! glad to be over with that; have 150 more to do, but I"m making headway. and can take a little breather; do other big deadline in writing immediately !
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,601 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Janetr: Happy first anniversary to your grandson. Sorry about the tree damage.:star:

Heather: Thank you for your kind words. :heart:

Barbie: I’ve watched the Great British Baking show on PBS for years. I’ve had more trouble finding it lately. It is fun to see them at work, but nothing they cook is food we could eat without severe digestive problems for one or the other of us. No real butter in my world, and no wheat flour in DH’s world. :ohwell:

Pip: Love your dog photo. Was that at the Vet’s office? Our long time Vet has evidently sold his practice to some women who think we should pay quarterly fees whether our dog needs an appointment or not. If they institute this policy we’ll be looking for a new vet.

Yoga today and I need to get going or miss out. Have a great day!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

That was at the vets office. It’s an older pic. I would took for another vet too, that’s crazy