WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for your birthday wishes, and input regarding my dear sister.💖

💖Rebecca
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,092 Member
    Options
    Debby love the Bee Balm!!!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    r2fr6lk7ehhq.jpeg
    Debby I Va

Ok Debby, I am jealous! Beautiful - thank you for sharing this! <3

I think I spied one of those little guys out in my garden kind of hiding under the Lupine.

Lanette
    Sunny, warmish & pleasant SW WA State
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kelly: You are a terrific mom, and long distance calls in the middle of your night earns extra points for your great mom meter. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: We never had a crockpot over-heat, or had a cord go bad. We had one that didn’t heat enough & failed to get food hot enough. Everyone who ate the stew got sick. We replaced it at the first opportunity. That was our most horrible kitchen disaster. Seven people were sick including both of us, our son and DDIL and his best friend’s whole family. It was beyond awful. :embarassed: On another topic, we love our spot by the river and are happy here. I’m very lucky that my friend lets me ride her horse. :heart:

(((Heather))) Envy sucks the joy from life. From my POV, you are being too hard on yourself. You are brilliant and full of energy. You are a published author & I admire you. :star:

Lisa: I had a half Siamese cat who loved the water. Back in the day DH thought he’d prove me a liar by dumping her in the bathtub with me. She sat down and started to purr. The cat & I decided to let him live. :wink: He’d already embarrassed himself. :laugh:

We’re having a quiet day at home today. I would like to put some fun into it, but so far DH isn’t feeling well enough to have fun.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Always happy to share!I grow all my herbs and yes,I use them.My home and yard are my happy place.
    Debby In Va
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • Workoutahloic50
    Options
    Carol,we have two poms.Vern is our little boy,he’s the cream colored one and Foxy is our sable little girl.gogm8dae6ggv.jpeg
  • Workoutahloic50
    Options
    kr3gzp4xmlv3.jpeg
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    :) Church went good yesterday at bookstore grabbed JR books to read during. Luckily no tears just jammed it up. While my Dad preached he jammed it up asking Pawpaw to go outside. JRs pants fell down so he announced it Oh Noooooo he yelled over y over my pants my pants 👖. He yelled about his Bible to I want my Daddy...Pooh goes boom 💥. He was jamming it up. Didn’t interact with anyone but a 🐶 puppy y Mom/Dad. He saw another baby boy so he hid behind a table peeking at him . After out to Lunch he hammed it up some more. Then asleep all the way home lol. No tears luckily..he’s not a people person that’s okay his sister y Dad isn’t either.
    Amber Tx
    So exhausted but watching calories eating half taking half home.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:

arm dip/chinup machine- 35.11min, 1set of 10 ea, plus 44# assist, 151mhr 1set of 10 of 12 different exercises, repeat all 5 times= 294c
    Apple Watch- 289c
  • Workoutahloic50
    Options
    Carol,sorry to hear about your puppy.Ours is allergic to grass.I keep his feet trimmed and occasionally wipe them with vinegar and water.He got into a nest of fleas one time and itched to baldness and raw flesh.I treated with all natural products.The veterinarian wanted to put him on prednisone.He has blue eyes and pink nose.Foxy has shed again and is looks so much smaller.Hope everyone has had a wonderful day.
    Barbie,I’m glad Jake enjoyed baking and his Father’s Day.My hubby ,Robert,got a visit from our youngest daughter ,she gave him a card,money and chocolate.Our son and I made him what he wanted for supper,philly cheese steak subs. I’ll give him a deep tissue massage later and he’ll be happy.I know he really wants to hear from our oldest daughter,but she’s who she is and we don’t fit in her world right now.😔
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Debby, sounds like a great day at your house. Jake got a text from his daughter and nothing from his son. On Mother's Day, his son called me and his daughter ignored me. Fortunately, neither of us takes any of this personally and that's a happy place to be. Your dogs are darling.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: I needed to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit to understand. 53 degrees in winter seems like a relatively pleasant bike ride temperature. Glad you enjoyed your ride. Your bay is gorgeous!!! :flowerforyou:
    Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Yes 12 going down to 8 is 53 going down to 46. It was been a nice winter so far, but the less desirable conditions usually set in during July and August. So ... while we still have decent weather, autumn-y weather, we're getting outside as much as we can! :)

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'd like to join! I'm 52 years old, divorced with two teenaged children, 2 dogs and a partner. I'm also a professor and administrator at a university.
    Marta from Kansas

@martacamsan ... what do you teach?

Machka in Oz