WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Machka-I agree. Carrot cake, when made well, should be counted as a vegetable. It is close to one of my favorites. And just curious-how cold does it get where you are in the winter? Do you get snow?

Kelly-your daughter’s story took me back to being pregnant with youngest and keeping track of his brother-and my husband worked second shift and I worked first—had it all.

Lanette-I love pot roast-and the crock pot does make it cooler in the house.

Heather-a bit of envy can motivate us. Good job on calorie goals. I haven’t yet gone over this time around. I know I will at some point. I am learning from those who have a slight creep and get back on it.

Allie-sorry you have such a difficult time at work. I do agree it is typically better to have something lined up before leaving if at all possible.

Janetr-sorry for the storm damage. Very good no one injured, carports and cars can be replaced.

In my quest to change things up, decided I would do planks. I mean I have seen pictures of them, can't be that hard, right? For some reason I thought you did reps of them, so 30 seconds, rest, then another. Oh my. I believe they can be found in one of the Circles of Hell. However, I did those two 30 second ones. Then I read you should build up to a minute and then maybe to 2 and do them a couple of times a day. I did manage another 60 seconds tonight, but tomorrow I may trim the time back a bit and build up. When my son was serious when he said "30 seconds is a really good start", I figured I was perhaps a bit too ambitious, especially since I'm not 20 any more!

The cats have behaved today. Couldn't have taken them and planks in the same day! Of course, now I am considering kettlebells-I think I will wait and have my oldest son show me some sensible use when I am in Phoenix in a couple of weeks. This increasing fitness stuff just creeps up on you the more you do.

Hope everyone finishes up the weekend well and are ready for a new week,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Ginny,working out can be enjoyable.Make sure you find what you do enjoy it will make it easier to stick with.
    Debby in Va
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Rebecca Happy Birthday!
    I hope your day was great!

h1o2dhh3wxae.jpeg

Dana In Arkansas
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Machka-I agree. Carrot cake, when made well, should be counted as a vegetable. It is close to one of my favorites. And just curious-how cold does it get where you are in the winter? Do you get snow?
    Ginny in Ohio

We can get snow and did a few years ago. It snowed all the way down to sea level ... there was snow on the beaches.

I've copied and pasted the averages, daily records, and monthly records. If you go to the site and hover your mouse over the record numbers, it tells you the years. So the warmest day in July was July 6, 1901. The warmest day in August was August 26, 1977. The warmest July, as a whole, was 2010 and warmest August was 1982. Coldest July was 1903 and coldest August was 1976 ... when looking at maximum temps for the day.

But of course, that's only part of the story. July and August tend to be a bit more rainy/drizzly and windy. So when I leave work, I'll be standing at the bus stop in darkness, often with a cold rain driving at me. Or on weekends when I want to be out cycling, it'll be 6 degrees, drizzling and windy ... so I'll decide to do something inside instead.

However, if I'm fortunate, the weather at lunchtime can be all right so I can get out for a walk. :)

https://www.weatherzone.com.au/climate/station.jsp?lt=site&lc=94029

haevb7ynat8x.png

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Rode the recumbent bike. The plan for tomorrow is to do one segment of the 10MS Carb Burner DVD then take the extremepump class

M – when we were in St. Kitts for Jess, there is one place where you can see the Caribbean Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean. To me, the Caribbean was much nicer, just like yours

Margaret – I’m so happy for your son

Who says carrot cake isn’t a vegetable??????????????? Just like chocolate which is made from the cocoa bean. Hmmmpppphhh

Totally forgot to get Pete a father’s day card. I’ll get it today and blame it on the post office. Update, went to the dollar store and got him one. It’s in the mail right now.

Debbie VA – how can you possibly resist tasting things? I remember when I was pg with Jess I had a craving for healthy food. At one point I threw out all the white bread in the house and only had whole wheat. Every day after work I’d stop at this road stand and get tomatoes, cukes, etc. etc.

Lisa – Loki and Clyde have gotten to where when Vince (mostly) or I finish brushing our teeth, that’s their cue to get some petting. Lexi likes to get IN the shower. Remember, this was the cat who was abused we think one way was keeping her under water and when we got her she wouldn’t go NEAR water.

Janetr – was that one of your pecan trees or the neighbors?

Went in the pool. For some reason I always went to the pool thru the garage. Today I decided to try going thru the porch. I think it’s closer.

Welcome everyone new

Ginny – lol “Circle of Hell”

After dinner I’ve started going out by the pool and reading. So relaxing.

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dana! I had a great day!
    💖Rebecca
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ✔️1. weigh in 60 up again !
    -2. log all so far
    -3. 30 min exercise
    -4. five minutes meditation
    -5. Take care of at least 3 shorter (1 pagish) writing or administrative task/bill, (union work doesn't count)
    -6. At least 15 min cleaning
    -7. At least 5 min day filing
    -8. average 1100 calories net

• Overall Feeling : mixed
    • Log all :
    • Exercise :
    • 1100 calories net average : under yesterday
    •3 Short term writing/admin per week:
    •cleaning :
    •filing

Grateful :
    1. corrector
    2. good night's sleep
    3. feel ok

I think my calories were way under yesterday since I just had late breakfast and early dinner, and have been on average less than 100 over this past week, but I'm way up today. I hope it's fluctuation. time will tell. I had a salad out yesterday. it wasn't huge and had smoked salmon (not very high cal) and feta (it depends on the amount- I had to eyeball- maybe I miscalculated?). That always throws a wrench in mood if I get a high weigh-in. Some weigh only weekly for that reason but I find I can actually let myself go more and gain if I weigh weekly. Well I hope next days' weigh -ins will be better.
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I need to have 1100 net average to lose 1k per month (2.2 lbs) which is the most modest of goals: 1/2 pound a week.

I realise that if I want to have 1100 net average, then my daily needs to be lower.
    So I'm gonna aim for 1000. One thing I learned from a stint in WW online was the necessity of splurges and treats. it's impossible (I think, or at least for me) to have the same amount daily without accounting for the occasional splurge whether at home alone or at some festivity or event out. Of course if one has strict diet for health reasons like diabetes or other that's a different story. And I assume some people are really comfortable without splurges. But I did like the WW notion of "weekly points". that is missing in the MFP calculations I think.

so I'm gonna try setting my thing for 1000. I did it before, but it really seems reasonable if I know that my daily aim is 1000, to have a real average of 1100, to account for splurges or whatever.

That still seems unfair and I have not yet come to terms with this low net !!

Clearly my body was made to survive well in times of famine-keeping on those pounds even with little eating.
    It's surely an evolutionary survival thing.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    I need to have 1100 net average to lose 1k per month (2.2 lbs) which is the most modest of goals: 1/2 pound a week.

I realise that if I want to have 1100 net average, then my daily needs to be lower.
    So I'm gonna aim for 1000. One thing I learned from a stint in WW online was the necessity of splurges and treats. it's impossible (I think, or at least for me) to have the same amount daily without accounting for the occasional splurge whether at home alone or at some festivity or event out. Of course if one has strict diet for health reasons like diabetes or other that's a different story. And I assume some people are really comfortable without splurges. But I did like the WW notion of "weekly points". that is missing in the MFP calculations I think.

so I'm gonna try setting my thing for 1000. I did it before, but it really seems reasonable if I know that my daily aim is 1000, to have a real average of 1100, to account for splurges or whatever.

Clearly my body was made to survive well in times of famine-keeping on those pounds even with little eating.

Totally agree I have mine set to 1000 too

Kate UK <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

You can look at a weekly view in the MFP app:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10732758/set-weekly-goal-in-app

And I'm one of the one who doesn't need a lot of splurges. One of the decisions I made when I started with MFP was to eat only foods I liked. I would not waste calories on anything I don't like ... and I've stuck to that for the most part. Occasionally I accidentally eat something I don't like ... like at morning teas at work where the food looks good, but my selection just isn't.

But eating foods I like means that I don't feel like I'm missing out. :)

I also eat about 1500 calories a day. 1500 is maintenance for me, and I exercise at least 250 calories a day so that brings me down to a net of about 1250 calories.

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~ i am up and having tea.. feel a bit better than yesterday.. i didnt do a thing yesterday.. except feed my DFIL twice... the ice cream cake was a hit... everyone that is aloud to have it enjoyed it..and there was enough left over for the staff
    today is work.. I will do my best to get through the day with grace and decorum..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,712 Member
    Options
    ;