WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2019

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @Machka9 1250 maintenance and 1100 average to lose slowly sounds like similar long term.

I was thinking that in another 10 years it ll be 100 calorie less net per day ! :o
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Bananasandoranges- go to where you logged you food all the way down it has nutrition on left side of complete diary.

I read for menopause to loose weight 1200calories y maintain is 1800cal. Light-Regular excersises y daily things.

Younger Women 2000calories men 2500cal
    Older Men 2300-2500cal
    Others say 15cal per pound of your weight to maintain it.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Rebecca- I love the new bottles y sipper cups too no air! My poor Daughter was born before this technology was a colicky baby she needed this so much. My Son has some issues but the bottles/sippers took care of that so fast. He’s on the new 360* cup now which doesn’t spill if you buy from nuby they sell replacement parts online cheap.I miss the cups my Daughter had for when she was fully on regular cups they were for small hands. Now their so wide!
    Some folks are using children play food sets to get cups! They need to bring back the old ones.
    Amber Tx.
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    It’s 92 degrees in the shade.Yay!!!!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Lisa

t89121.gif
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Rebecca- I love the new bottles y sipper cups too no air! My poor Daughter was born before this technology was a colicky baby she needed this so much. My Son has some issues but the bottles/sippers took care of that so fast. He’s on the new 360* cup now which doesn’t spill if you buy from nuby they sell replacement parts online cheap.I miss the cups my Daughter had for when she was fully on regular cups they were for small hands. Now their so wide!
    Some folks are using children play food sets to get cups! They need to bring back the old ones.
    Amber Tx.

Oh yes! I was a meany when my son's were between bottles and sippy cups. We would move and I would just throw away bottles saying, " well the bottles didn't come with us"! Knowing it wasn't my fault but the movers fault seemed to pacify their transition.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla In human medicine you are probably aware of the trend toward concierge medicine where people pay a fee of hundreds or thousands of dollars a year (in addition to whatever their insurance pays) in exchange for greater access, quick appointments, longer visits, and house calls. I wonder what a quarterly fee in veterinary medicine would cover. It seems as if you would get something...2 well-visits a year, basic labs, something...for your fee. Otherwise it sounds like a non-starter for the veterinarians. No one would go for that.

Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard from Sue near Arlington (N of Seattle) lately? I think of her often - her goats, daughter, horses, ailing DH. Hope she's OK - lots going on her life and I truly wish her the best.

Monthly fee for vet services..... I must say it's intriguing and I'd be curious to see what all services are included in the monthly fee and how much IS the monthly fee? Will they offer deeply discounted prescriptions, substantial discounts on dental, surgical, and other services, after hours emergency care (for a small surcharge), wellness exams perhaps? This sounds a bit like what some of the insurances cover, perhaps vets are offering this for patients who don't want or have insurance.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Sharon Seattle - sure is lol JRs a goof ball so he has some funny sayings that pop out lol. He even told his Father he has a Construction company he’s the boss has workers who do what he says because he’s the boss lol.Hubby just said good then you can pay rent! JR said nooooooooo I’m a baby 👶. Lol

Rebecca- Daughter I took all the bottles away said no more bottles. Problem was she was my smart kid had them hidden all over town even the Doctors office had to search to clear them out of their office lol. She had multi/toddler working with her . She could be a bootlegger back in the day lol.
    Son- When he finally took a sippercup we got rid of bottles said no drink sipper.He’s my stubborn kid tho so gave up milk won’t touch it now. I want him to transition from sipper to cup but doesn’t seem possible yet he’s clumsy like me so needs a tight hand grip so waiting that out.
    Amber Tx
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Julie Bananas, the foods you had (salad, smoked salmon and feta) can be very high in sodium, and that’s the cause of most water retention. I have to keep track of all the nutrients if I’m going to try to account for weight fluctuation on a daily basis. If you have a high sodium meal, try to move your fluid intake up if you can. Watching single things isn’t the answer. That’s why our meal chart gives us all those other statistics to look at. At my weight loss surgeon’s office I can go over what I’ve been eating with their dietician and tweak things like that to keep my loss going at a higher rate.

Barbara AHMOD, my circle that I mentioned in my last post is 1/6th if a mile. I did almost Hal a mile yesterday, and am searching for a way to make the shoulder of my cane arm mumble about how it’s being abused. I’m thinking of trying s walking staff. It has a different grip angle at least. I’m afraid intermittent fasting isn’t going to fix that one! But ifadting like the 18/5 thing is sounding more interesting all the time. That and Keto.

I had a terrific time this weekend at my DGD’s wedding. I was afraid Dakota, her groom, would be underrepresented since we have a good-sized family but nope! Out of the woodwork they came. From far and wide. I’m glad we aren’t the only ones with a few drifty family members! All of us hyperindividualists got along fine. The quiet ones opened up and the ones we all prayed wouldn’t open their mouths didn’t - for the most part. The weather cooperated, and both dads walked our dear girl down the aisle - probably helping hold her up along her way, since she was too busy beaming at everyone to notice the very uneven ground beneath her feet.

I ate half my primavera pasta on Friday night, saving the rest for Saturday evening. Breakfast was a protein drink before the ceremony, and I enjoyed a fried drumstick without most of the crust, salad with oil and vinegar, and a small helping of baked beans that I ate with a fork to let the sauce drain off. Topped it off with a very small slice of the yellow layer cake with orange frosting (which was white!) and filling. I kept within boundaries all weekend, walked all over the park venue Saturday, walked my head off Sunday too when I got home. I was punished by the cold shoulder from Andromeda until bedtime, while Goldie couldn’t stop head-butting me on the keg, on my face, in the arm, and purring - both totally nonstop. My Neverending Kittylover. .

Sharon (who is a meany mom!) Near Seattle
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Sharon Seattle- when I ate out Saturday y Sunday my lord the headache from the salt content of each meal! I got dishes with the lowest sodium at the restaurants bam through the roof!!! My fingers swelled so bad my ring turned my finger red Hubby said take it off keep it off so it doesn’t cut you! Never realized how much salt 🌶 Chili’s y Mexican Restaurant used versus my cooking at home! I been eating all natural tilapia with a low sodium count of 35mg it says I steam it members mark sams club .Had to cut down on my convenience vegan freezer items too! My headaches are less since I stopped salting foods too. Only time I use salt now is sparingly for special dishes when Navy Daughter comes home to visit sea salt 🧂 (say no difference between salts they all come from the ocean).
    Amber Tx
  • Workoutahloic50
    Options
    Sharon near Seattle,bee balm can be used in many ways .From cough syrup to fixing tummy trouble,you can make a salve for skin irritations as well.
    Barbie,adorable picture!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,123 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Workoutahloic50
    Options
    Pip,awww!!!