You guys really like to over complicate things.

Options

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    *yawn, stretch*

I see this thread hasn't changed much over night.

Eat less, exercise more. That worked for me, it worked for my wife, and it has worked for many of our friends, men, women, young, old, healthy, cancer survivors, those with hormonal issues, etc.

What doesn't work? Making excuses. Sure, it's difficult. If it was easy then we wouldn't have an obesity "epidemic."
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    *yawn, stretch*

Eat less, exercise more. That worked for me, it worked for my wife, and it has worked for many of our friends, men, women, young, old, healthy, cancer survivors, those with hormonal issues, etc.

What doesn't work? Making excuses. Sure, it's difficult. If it was easy then we wouldn't have an obesity "epidemic."

Nope just mad me late for work....:laugh: *note excuse for being late for work
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    *yawn, stretch*

Obviously no one can take your advice seriously. Everyone knows that 20 years olds know nothing. You're agreeing with a 20 year old. Cogito ergo sum, you're clearly 20 years old and know nothing.

[insert clever quote about how sitting on my *kitten* for 50 years means I automatically know more than someone younger than me]
    [Use ad hominem to mask my ad hominem]
    [Godwin's Law]
    [cat gif]
    [cry my way through a donut and Frappuccino]
    [cat gif]

{Lest my sarcasm is so subtle that I be mistaken for stupid, I agree wholeheartedly with the op, and with BeachIron}
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    No worries this thread wil die down now...there is a post about back fat being migrated breast tissue....
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    No worries this thread wil die down now...there is a post about back fat being migrated breast tissue....

lol is this real tea?
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

LOL
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ah, the arrogance of youth having all the answers. Like we haven't seen this many times before. Like we weren't in your shoes many years ago when we were the ones with all the answers. And in 30-40 years when you in our shoes and you know you won't have all the answers.

Time is the great equalizer. We've seen this play before.

I love this. So true.

Me too.... I am not old.. not yet anyways... (that's a statement!) ... But I agree... I still have times where I think I know so much.. that I am missing the real question... or maybe I just don't even truly have an understanding quite yet.... Sometimes I pray that I will never understand some things.... I am blessed to be healthy and everything works right so that I am able to loose weight with out any major complications!
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

lol is this real tea?

OMG... would this be the normal way your body would handle breast tissue if you became overweight? How much overweight?
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE STOP FIIIIIIIGHTIIIING!!!! THINK OF THE KITTEHS!!!!

I hate cats.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Back to the topic at hand

I have found that a steady diet of kittens fits my macros very well

^^ plus, dealing with the fluff makes it a zero calorie food.

Cha! It is negative calories!

Hmm, maybe I should start on the "Awwww" diet: only eating cute things.
    nmtsao2.jpg

U4y5OSc.jpg

Lfn7tpN.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    EVERYONE STOP FIIIIIIIGHTIIIING!!!! THINK OF THE KITTEHS!!!!

I hate cats.

but...but...FEELS!!!!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Edited to not feed the trolls.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    If "we" all didn't over complicate things, then the diet/weight loss industry wouldn't be as successful as it is. People simply don't want to believe it's as 'simple' as it can be.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I wonder if this thread is going to roll.....
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    ]

Yes, science says if you eat less than you burn, you will lose weight. So you cut 500 cals from your 2000 TDEE and lose weight for awhile. Then, as your BW weight drops and your body adjusts to the lower calorie level, your TDEE has dropped to 1500 and you are now once again at maintenance.

But hey, you still have 60 pounds to lose, so what do you do? SIMPLE, you eat less than you burn, so take another 300 cals off and now you are eating 1200. You lose another 10 pounds over the next 6 months and eventually find that, once again, your TDEE has now dropped to 1200 and you are once again at maintenance.

With 50 pounds to go, what do you do? SIMPLE, you eat less than you burn, so take another 300 cals off and now you are eating at 900 cals per day. You do that for another 6 months and lose another 10 pounds, before your body adapts again and now your TDEE is only 900.

But you still are 40 pounds overweight. So what do you do? SIMPLE, you drop another 300 cals and now you are only eating 600 cals a day, and are extremely malnourished. If you start eating more at this point, your body will gain like crazy.

But you see, it really is just so SIMPLE. You don't even have to exercise. Just eat less than you burn. WHY, oh WHY does everyone have to COMPLICATE things?? :flowerforyou:

Yeah, I miss the days of youth when I had all the answers too!

REally???? a TDEE of 600 or even 900 calories coma patient maybe but highly doubtful.

TDEE=Total Daily energy expenditure
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Picking up on my previous post, it seems to me there are only 2 reasons to post on the forums (3 if you want to count trolling. I choose not to):

1.You are looking for some answers/help from others.

2. You are looking to provide answers/help to others.

Given this, my question to the OP is, why are you posting in the weight loss and weight gain forums at all if you already know all the answers, and you are annoyed with the (wrong in your opinion) questions and answers posted by others?

I think your answer to this question is in the 3rd option, which you chose not to include.

Anyone else notice the same 3-4 20 something yr old guys with large muscles and no heads, who have ganged up to troll the threads in the past couple of weeks?
    They must have gotten really bored with the BB forums and came here to have a little fun.
    Maybe if we don't feed them, they will go away.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    There are people for whom the OP’s sentiment is true...For them, weight loss is a simple matter of making good choices.

But there are also plenty of people for whom that is not true. Some people use food to cope with emotional challenges have to learn whole new ways to cope, which is MUCH harder than simply making different choices.

Some of us have hormonal challenges, and have to follow a drastically different plan than MFP-recommended calorie deficit every day.

Some folks face plenty of legitimate budgetary and scheduling challenges that require more thought and planning than "put down the twinkie".

The community here on the site can really help people stick with their goals and overcome challenges.

You are right that there are some people over-complicate as a way to self-sabotage or to excuse a lack of progress. But there are also plenty of people who are working hard to overcome legitimate complications.

I really agree with the "arrogance of youth having all the answers" poster.

Nothing in your post contradicts anything I say. What you and I are talking about are 2 total different things.

What my OP says is if you control your diet, you will see results. You're telling me "some people don't have the will or motivation to control their diet" which is true, But has nothing to do with what I said.

Yep, you are exactly right. I have to take prednisone daily for years at a time. When I do this, I do not gain much weight. Most people gain LOTS of weight on prednisone. How did I do it? By NOT listening to my body (which was insatiably hungry constantly) and making sure I ate a reasonable number of calories for my energy needs. I am also a peri-menopausal woman. It isn't easy, but it really is that simple.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Picking up on my previous post, it seems to me there are only 2 reasons to post on the forums (3 if you want to count trolling. I choose not to):

Given this, my question to the OP is, why are you posting in the weight loss and weight gain forums at all if you already know all the answers, and you are annoyed with the (wrong in your opinion) questions and answers posted by others?

I think your answer to this question is in the 3rd option, which you chose not to include.

Anyone else notice the same 3-4 20 something yr old guys with large muscles and no heads, who have ganged up to troll the threads in the past couple of weeks?
    They must have gotten really bored with the BB forums and came here to have a little fun.

Troll threads? You mean, try and share our knowledge and remove all myths from this website?
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Best post ever!!
  • AccioHotBod
    AccioHotBod Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I like the advice people who are successful give. I would have to fork over a lot of $$$ to get the same nutritional guidance from a personal trainer.