WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,919 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Machka – I remember Lotus and WordPerfect. There were some things about WordPerfect that I actually miss.

My father does too! I only started to learn WordPerfect when Word came along so I wasn't as familiar with it as he was.

ginnytez wrote: »
    Machka – enjoy your hibernation. Personally, I prefer flannel winter pjs, but I can completely relate to putting them on and just staying in.
    Ginny in Ohio

I've looked at the flannel ones but they aren't stretchy enough for me. I probably look a bit odd in the nightwear department going through the "bottoms" and pulling at the legs to check for stretchiness!!

It's sort of funny in a way ... before moving to Australia, when I lived in Canada, I didn't have much in the way of nightwear at all. Just a couple nightgowns which I wore once in a while. But I've been putting together a nice collection of nightwear here because it gets so cold at night!!

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Did Nina Lessig’s DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jillian Michaels Killer Buns and Thighs DVD

Allie – yes, the library is always offering free classes, sometimes the local Community College does, too, but not that often. GO!

Lisa in AR – please stay safe!

Went to Food Lion, I thought they had the rib eye on sale like they did Tuesday. But their ad changes on Wednesday so it was the regular price. Oh well. But I did get Vince some Chips Ahoy for a little over a dollar and his Pepsi for 89 cents. I also got a few other things.

Soup kitchen later, then I’ll stop at the library since I’m right there

Lanette – Shadow will be in Iowa with Jess. I read the letter yesterday saying how she’s a therapy cat. What a load of bs! But it’ll save Jess $50/month. It cost her $150 to get this so after 3 months it’ll have paid for itself. Vince doesn’t like to walk with me, which is OK. But he doesn’t want to invite people he doesn’t know to a neighborhood pool party, but how is he ever going to get to know them? God forbid, if your hubby were ever in the hospital, wouldn’t surprise me one bit if a neighbor answered your question of “how much” with “nothing”. I know that’s what I would do

Suebdew – out of all the “diets” out there, I think WW is the best one.

JR – I can’t remember the last time I wore a 2-piece. Oh, now I remember. Before Jess was born (over 30 years ago) a guy Vince worked with had a party with an “Island” theme. I bought a 2piece and had a grass skirt over the bottom. That was the last time. I don’t know if I ever wore one to a pool or beach. I remember back when when I took a sewing class we had to make a bathing suit (a 2 piece). I gave away the pattern since I certainly won’t use it. I hope your back gets better fast

M – I didn’t look at who was posting and was shocked to see “the stores around here must think it’s summer”. Then I realized it was you posting. Lots of times I read the post then look to see who made the post. Sometimes I do it that way, sometimes I look at who made the post and then read it. I guess it depends on how much time I have.

Amber – love that pic of the stuff.

Rori – I wish I could find a Reiki master like you have found. I’d love to experience that. The one time I had Reiki, I honestly didn’t experience anything but a good massage.

Pip- WooHoo for you!!!

Chlorine resistant swimsuits: yes, they are more expensive initially. But I have one I’ve had for at least 6 years and another that I must have had for about 5 years. The one that is 6 years old I had someone put new elastic in the legs for me (cost $5 to have it put in). After all these years, the elastic wore out. I will probably have to do that for the one I’ve had for 5 years. But they are certainly worth it.

Ken & Lynette came over tonight. Lynette went into the hot tub, she had trouble getting in, finally got in, then had trouble getting out. They did give Jess something over $100 to take to Iowa. I thought that was very nice of them.

Jess said that she talked to the people next door and the son said something about his mother thinking that she needed to reply by today for next weekend. Sounds lame to me. Anyway, guess I’ll run to WalMart get hamburgers, hot dog buns, hamburger buns. I can't help wondering if it's the same thing "I don't want to go where I don't know the people" but there's only one way to meet people!

Michele in NC
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    Janet - you must be so proud of yourself and your Granddaughter is a sweetie in both pictures.

Machka - I used to do pivot tables all the time but since I haven’t used them in so many years I don’t know if I would remember how now or not. All of my computer training was DOS, Lotus, WordPerfect. Then we were moving to Alberta and all job postings were taking about MS Office so I took an eight week night school course that was once a week for two hours. It was Office 95 I was learning. Funnily enough it was my knowledge of DOS that helped me get this job.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Geekspeak on one of my great loves, Excel:
    Pivot tables are sooooo much easier in the current versions of Excel. They're on the insert tab now, easy to find, and pivot charts are just easy-breezy. One of my favorite manipulations is to run the pivot table on my main set of data and snag my comparisons out of the lists and drop them in and out until I get exactly what I want, then copy and paste the whole blinking thing as values into yet another sheet so I can manipulate values easily outside the pivot table linking.

You picked on another technique that I've used a lot in my life as well, which is to teach something in order to learn it best. When I teach someone, I often learn as much as they do. :smiley:

Love,
    Lisa
  • Machka9
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Here's hoping I'm feeling better this coming week!! I'm never fond of a whole week of low exercise minutes!! The only reason Monday was higher was because of our pilates class and the walking to get to and from.

5ezkq509wvr5.png

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Geekspeak on one of my great loves, Excel:
    Pivot tables are sooooo much easier in the current versions of Excel. They're on the insert tab now, easy to find, and pivot charts are just easy-breezy. One of my favorite manipulations is to run the pivot table on my main set of data and snag my comparisons out of the lists and drop them in and out until I get exactly what I want, then copy and paste the whole blinking thing as values into yet another sheet so I can manipulate values easily outside the pivot table linking.

You picked on another technique that I've used a lot in my life as well, which is to teach something in order to learn it best. When I teach someone, I often learn as much as they do. :smiley:

Love,
    Lisa

Last time I used pivot tables was during my Business Admin course in the late 1990s. Just never needed them. So far I've been able to produce the data in other ways, but I might need to take a look at it again ... when I've got a moment.

Yeah ... I've used that technique since I was in grade school. Works well! :)

M in Oz
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Michele ~ We have lived in our house for over 20 yrs and we do not know any of our neighbors except the one right next to us who is our age and who we only talk to if something arises. The folks around us are all busy with their own lives and are not interested in knowing their neighbors.

Carol in GA