WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Beth - Thank you for the messaging to Allie. I just didn't have the words this morning, and wanted to go ask her friend what her problem is... made me angry, so I didn't have comforting words. Allie - Beth has it exactly right. Hope your weekend is wonderful!

Love,
    lisa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Thank you dear friends..and thank you Beth.. she truly is one of my dearest friends.. but she had alot better time of it and schooling than me.she said I ran from the situation..not going to stay with a cheating husband.but we are friends and I am friends with his girlfriend..so what ? I forgave a long time ago..
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Beth - preach it! I think Allie deserves a better friend one who gets her struggles more. I’ve stayed at terrible jobs too long to just long enough before because we’ll kids braces payments to kid needing food,roof,car,school money,etc. made me a great Mom not wishy washy. Her friend sounds like the quit a job go penniless hop at the next job good or bad type. I think Allie smarter staying put since paychecks are still coming in just look at other jobs apply as she goes till she gets one to be happy with.Safer that way. Doesn’t sound like her friend has ever taken care of another person it’s not easy at all to be a caregiver!

Allie- Keep doing what your doing your friend doesn’t pay your bills so you don’t owe her no explanations on why you do what you need to do. I only kept my kids God Mom were polar opposites but she doesn’t see my differences as weakness y vice versa . Would I do what she does no she could never be happy with what I do...we get that support each other’s decisions in life. Will still be talking to each other at 90 cause we accept each other as we are. Your friends too blunt maybe that’s her personality if it is ignore what comes out she probably doesn’t think before she speaks or can’t put herself in others shoes . I didn’t stay with cheating Ex either told the mistress she could have my left overs I was full.

Amber Tx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Allie ... ok, so I read what your friend said that you're "wishy-washy" and "have no backbone," and I was immediately offended for you. I've been struggling on how to explain that because in my world I would not do what you do. No one would consider me wishy-washy or spineless. Does that mean because my responses to situations are different than yours, that you're the wishy-washy one? I don't think so. You're actually quite resolute in what you choose to do. We call that bull-headed in my family. Your dedication to your FIL, for example, is hardly the actions of someone without backbone. It takes a great deal of determination to go and take care of this man on a regular basis. While it took you a while to get there, you left Tom. Many, many women stay in loveless marriages. You didn't. Spineless? I don't think so. Just because you're holding on to your current job doesn't mean that your wishy-washy. Nope, I don't see that. You need to pay the bills until something suitable becomes available. Bottom line, you are doing what is best for you. Others may think they know best for you or would do things differently, but that doesn't mean you are wrong or behaving in some negative way. What you are is incredibly kind, dedicated, and loyal to a fault. If that's wishy-washy and without backbone, then we should all strive to be considered as such. Enjoy your weekend!

Beth

TRUTH !! Beautifully said, Beth. We love you Allie, you are the most generous big-hearted person anyone could ask for.

Janetr OKC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    h8rc773lf0sb.jpeg
    JR got his new big boy cup.

Allie- If I stayed with my Ex I wouldn’t have the best husband ever y JR! Trust me Sometimes a person deserves better even if someone else can’t see that! My ex cheated on the wedding night. My hubby ex did too! So we get each other been through similar stuff! Took us awhile too to realize we deserved better. No one should expect you to sit there miserably ever after faking happiness that’s bull!
    zkvv32b9plan.jpeg
    nsdyww0m7z8e.jpeg
    ali2ku075v78.jpeg
    Amber Tx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    dtawowc5x72z.jpeg
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Beth- You are so right on with your comment to Allie. I guess I am too emotional because Allie’s friend’s comments made me sad that she is suppose to be a dear friend.
    Lisa- I don’t think you would balloon up because deep in your subconscious you have learned a lot of things that will keep you healthy, right? RIGHT!
    Had breakfast out with friends now DHnwants to go out for date night. Oh me, how can I refuse.
    SueBDew in TX
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Allie, what Beth said from me too!
    Pip, congrats on beating your record this morning and on reaching your goal!
    Rori, I sincerely hope your brother can get some help, sounds like his slope is getting pretty slippery.... {{{HUGS}}} to you, you have a lot on your plate.
    Sorry, that's all I can remember for now, the mind in willing, but weak! lol
    Just couldn't ride to work today, too pooped to do it. Hopefully will get some energy and will do it tomorrow, such a great calorie burn, really need to watch my food intake today. Always a challenge!
    Hugs for those who need them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I made my BBQ lunch fit into my calories! Yay! I had two eggs for breakfast, a bite of leftover chicken for a snack, then a late lunch of pulled pork with ice tea. So I have enough calories left to have my protein oatmeal for dinner. It works!
    Tommorow is harder : dinner at the music festival so no telling what food will be available. It will be served with classic rock, so it's all good.

Annie in Delaware
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    cp3hejq6ah4a.jpeg
  • csofled
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Cheri: I am happy every time I see that you’re posting again. :star:
    Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Thanks! 😊 💓

Cheri
  • csofled
    Options
    suebdew wrote: »
    Cheri- so good to see you back posting. I have often thought of you and hoped you were well.
    Sue in TX

Thank you! 🤗 ♥

Cheri