• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,915 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »

DH and I are on a driving adventure today, just getting in the car and driving for a 3 hour drive west to somewhere!!! Sounds silly, no proper plan in place—just going to see wherever the beautiful summer day takes us. But first I get to break in my new “new balance” sneakers, woohoo, wore out the last pair B)

NYKAREN

Sounds wonderful!!

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,570 Member
    Options
    ////
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,244 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Janetr - It is truly a transformation! :D<3

Carol - You look like a great bunch! So glad you could all get together. <3

Counting down now to the kids arriving. I went out in the WIND to get last minute bits for them. Wow! It is mighty strong!

I'm still getting intermittent feelings of being very hungry and low blood sugar. I'm not eating any less than usual. A puzzlement.

I booked and paid for online the excursions for our cruise that we want to take. We have to choose carefully as they are not cheap. We have four in total. I'm getting excited now about the cruise. It won't be all that warm in Scandinavia Sept/Oct and the sea may be choppy, but I'm optimistic that we will have our usual wonderful time. 'Saga' are such an amazing company. My only apprehension is that it is a different ship to the one we are used to. We had the same cabin for three years on the old one.I don't like change. :| We even sat at the same table for two each year.

Rori- Would it be possible to take your DH on a cruise now? Are there ones in the States that are exclusively over 50, like Saga? My friend took her 92 year old dad and he had the best time of his life. They are going again in November. It was quite a lot of work for her, but the crew were amazingly helpful. I have seen people on board who are quite 'out of it' with their daughters etc. The crew really go out of their way. Didn't you go on one a while ago? I seem to recall you loved it.

I have organised my food so that I don't get too hungry while the kids are here as we normally eat around 6. We will have the first part when they have their tea at 5.15 and then have the second half when they are safely in bed. Can't wait until then to eat. :noway:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,915 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) It is officially flashlight time in the morning when I first walk the dogs which tells me that daylight is increasing enough to be noticeable for Machka.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/australia/hobart

I don't notice the morning light because I'm never up that early. However, I have noticed that it's not completely dark when I'm waiting for the bus at about 5:15 and I can get almost all the way home on my usual bus and still have a faint lightening of the sky.

Sunset is 5:21 and Civil Twilight is 5:51 ... that's when it goes completely black. My bus gets to the stop closest to home at about 5:55 pm so it has just gone black by that time. On Tuesday, when I go back to work, it'll go black 2 minutes later (5:53) and by the end of the week, it'll go black at 5:56 pm ... so this coming week is the last week of a completely dark walk home from the bus. :)

That means that it won't be too much longer before we'll be able to go on evening walks again!! :):)

Yes, I keep a close eye on these things at this time of year ... counting down the darkness!!

Machka in Oz
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    Viv -I bet you will make the best decisions for yourself.

Machka - I agree neighbours do not get to know each other like they used to. We are all so busy and downtime is precious like you said.

Karen in NY - I LOVE those kinds of drives, my husband doesn’t see the point in them and grumbles if I do it on my own. I am rather jealous right now. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Alli - I hope you get some rest and a calm peace while you are in your happy place, you sure deserve it.

Barbie - I’ve noticed I’m having to turn the lights on in the evening before bed again. It seems to go so fast and the dark seems to linger forever.

It is cloudy and cool here again today. We have not had a week since last September that our furnace hasn’t kicked on. I need to go shopping this weekend for a sweater or two for work. It was cool in there yesterday.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Oh Carol you look terrific in you group picture. You're arms look just fine to me. I on the other hand look like a me!ting snowman under my clotbes, good thing I don't run around without them. :).

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lanette: Washington has had far more liberal rules on fireworks than Oregon for as long as I can remember. I am sometimes astounded that they don’t catch the state on fire. Perhaps they’re more boom than heat. It is the boom and bangs that gets to our dog. :ohwell:

Beth & Allie: I am in agreement with your comments to Allie. Allie is not wishy-washy. She is steadfast, loyal, and generous. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I hope you’re feeling better soon. Your planned trip sounds wonderful. :star:

Rori: I hope the surgery is scheduled soon, too. DH is in chronic pain and miserable. He has an appointment with our regular doctor on Monday. It will be a good time to ask questions and get a clearer picture of the situation. The last time he had a surgery on his back the recuperation time was not a serious problem. The pain was gone, and everything else was better than before surgery. He was scheduled for physical therapy and gradually regained good mobility and was able to do more than before. I hope this time will be as positive. :heart: In regards to your brother, perhaps AA would be of help to him, in addition to your heathy lifestyle. Perhaps he will make that decision on his own as he gets healthier. I had a surprise message from our niece. She has joined AA and is changing her life. So far, she is having a very positive experience with AA. :flowerforyou:

Terri: Thank you for your good wishes for DH. We don’t have a confirmed surgery date as of yet. That is the next goal. :star:

Barbie: Good luck with your friends. I love Machka’s advice. :flowerforyou:

I haven’t read every post yet, but I am needed elsewhere. Have a great day!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Lifelong learning I’m all for it. Duo lingo, for languages, YouTube, Lynda.com has Office lessons, lots of others. I’m going to build a ‘Rapberry Pi’ a Linux product but have to research and learn that. I love learning.

Janet inspired by your progress!

RV Rita
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Janetr Prayers for you and sister.