WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2019

Options

Replies

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Barbie- Years of experience here- Tell then your schedule busy but you can squeeze them in set a time short y sweet. I can’t lie very well so I actually fill my schedule up lol 😂.It works tho of course if it’s same way each time they give up or it’s short y sweet so less painful.
    Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Allie My "hide the body" friends can tell me the truth, even if it hurts me. But they don't hit me over the head with a sledgehammer when they do it. Sheesh! Your friend needs to learn some finesse. (((Hugs)))

Kelly Grandson likes the Science Museum and the WWII Museum best. Would like to take him to Edgar Allen Poe Museum and Hollywood Cemetery. Lots of Civil War sites to visit, as you can imagine. He likes those. This is what is at the Science Museum right now (absolutely riveting exhibit):
    Carol We got the hot & humids here today, too! Glad your brother-in-law is recuperating.

Lanette I love fossils! Shark teeth, mastadon teeth, fossilized skeletons...fascinating. Love them.

Heather That dizzy spell sounds nauseating & unpleasant. How do you usually avoid them?
    The grandkids are having a time of it. Hope Max heals quickly.

Rori How did your brother respond to the Reiki session? Re: Archie m0250.gif & his cousins - I would love to see those footprints. How cool is that?

Pip Congrats on reaching that goal!

Lisa and Sue What I want is to be like so many people in my life who manage their weight as a matter of course, without any fanfare or fretting or guilt or obsessions. Like my friend Clay. If he puts on 5 lbs, he drinks protein shakes for one meal a day and exercises a little more and in 2 weeks the 5 lbs is gone. No muss, no fuss. He weighs every morning as part of his daily routine, just like he brushes his teeth. He eats and drinks what he wants, but I noticed he hardly ever overindulges except occasionally with alcohol. He exercises daily because he always has. He is gorgeous and fit and doesn't spend hardly any of his emotional energy fretting and thinking about weight or food. It really only enters his consciousness when he sees that he's put on 5 lbs, at which time he makes it a priority and actively focuses on getting rid of the weight. I want to be like Clay. I always feel vaguely guilty or anxious about eating.

______

Working the next 2 days.

Aerated & reseeded the lawn this week. Hope it takes.

Have tomatoes on the vine that are slow to ripen, but otherwise look good.

Karen in Virginia
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,180 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Katla: I had to rest up a bit today. Praying for a positive resolution for your DH.

Heather: I love archaeology. I can spend hours at our museums pouring over artefacts.

Allie: Have a good time in NH. You deserve a bit of R&R. I agree with Beth. No way are you wish washy, with no backbone. Quite the reverse, in my opinion.

Lisa: We had thunderstorms today as well. Didn't see any lightning, but there were lots of rumbles, and rain, of course.

Lanette: Tai Chi is so good for flexibility. Enjoy!

Carol in GA: Glad to know that BnL did well in surgery, and hoping her has a speedy recover yes

SueBDew: For me, I keep on top of the weight, otherwise I might begin to creep up again. I don't see it as a sacrifice any more. It's a necessary part of staying fit and healthy for the foreseeable future. It's really becoming a habit!

Machka: I am constantly learning new things. I'm a great supporter of lifelong learning. You can teach on old dog new tricks, but they have to be willing to learn! 😂
    I originally taught myself programming on a Commodore 64, way back before apple, Microsoft or google even existed. Have had a few courses since then, but generally teach myself what I need to know. Sometimes it's a steep learning curve.

Today I went into to town to do some errands, but mostly I rested up after my marathon visit to the city yesterday. Tomorrow I am having some mother/daughter time with my younger girl. We are going on an expedition to IKEA.

Hugs to those who need them! Sending positive vibes to all! Pax Vobiscom.

It's after midnight, so I'm off to bed. See y'all in the morning.

☘️ Terri

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    Got my hair cut and then groceries bought this morning. Starting to get ready for trip to California next week. I am going with my DGD to celebrate my great niece's wedding shower and my mom's 95th birthday. Should be lots of fun. Will get to see my DB and Dsis. Hope to keep up here on my phone while I am gone.

Lanette - We are very lucky in that one of our neighbors animal sits to make extra money. Last year she took care of horses, goats and cats while we were in IA. Next week she will come over and let Nessa out for exercise, etc. while DD is working. DD will be here for morning and evening.

Amber - Look at H2o swimsuits. They are very well put together and I think they look nice. They are kind of expensive but last a long time as they are fully lined and guaranteed for 1 year against chlorine. I have one that is over 4 years old now that I use when I teach water exercise.

Allie - You have to be you. You have a lot of compassion and patience with older people and not everyone can do that.

Pip - Congrats on meeting your goal!!!

Take care everyone, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,569 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

day 15 in a row, riding to work (mon-fri)
    no gym workout

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.23min, 12.5amph, 131mhr, 1.53mi= didn't record
    apple watch- 65c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station, BEST TIME- 45.08min, 15.7amph, 157mhr, 11.82mi= 523c
    apple watch- 471c
    jog station 2 wrk- 4.59min, 145mhr, 10.04min mi, .49mi= 67c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.59min, 10.04min mi, 148mhr, .49mi=62c
    apple watch- 55c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 16.42min, 9.1amph, 155mhr, 2.53mi= 185c
    apple watch- 143c

total cal 902

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    b1rszcup15s6.jpeg
    https://h2owear.com/size-chart

Trying to figure out my size not sure what it is anymore. Going to start searching until I find one I like that will cover all the flaws to lol bits. I sag more than I used to before so sagging in places I never thought could sag.

Amber Tx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Allie - sorry your friend hurt you. You have to do what’s best for you in your life and from what you share in here it seems you are.
    My daughter applied for a job that required excel and she had never even opened the program, she panicked when she got called for an interview so she came and got a very quick short lesson from me. For her first month or so at work she would text me with anything she came across that she couldn’t do, but after that it all became repetitive. Unless you are in a financial position most general admin jobs don’t require the full use of Excel. Others have had some good suggestions for you to get some knowledge of it.

Pip - congratulations on reaching your goal.

Karen in VA - your friend reminds me of my Grandmother. She weighed herself every Sunday morning, if her weight was up she would eat 1/2 a grapefruit for breakfast every day that week and would make lighter lunches and dinners. She never smacked in the evening and seemed to just never struggle with her weight. I wish I had picked up some of her determination. I feel I’m like my Mom (her daughter) and will struggle my whole life.

Rori - I hope you have a pleasant visit with your Brother just the same.

I am so glad it’s Friday. I had to late nights this week which is very unusual for me, they were enjoyable though and I’m glad I went out.

Figured out today how I can help get my office set up the way I need. Next week will be a lot of rearranging and moving files around.

I am helping a friend prepare for a yard sale this weekend, I’m hoping if I’m doing that she doesn’t expect me to help with the sale next weekend.

Tracey In Edmonton
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Allie – have to chime in with others-find class for Microsoft Office. Almost every position in my agency uses word processing, excel, and many use access. While they all don’t have use the design functions, they need the basics. Also sorry your friends comments hurt.

LisainAR – those lightening strikes look fierce. Glad nothing hit.

Machka – I remember Lotus and WordPerfect. There were some things about WordPerfect that I actually miss.

Lanette – I think we have all had those nights with things whirling around in our heads. Glad you have a plan.

Carol in GA -good news on brother in law.

Pip – congrats on goal and your record. I must say, you have had some interesting injuries in your life.

Machka – enjoy your hibernation. Personally, I prefer flannel winter pjs, but I can completely relate to putting them on and just staying in.

Heather UK – your trip sounds amazing.

Rori – prayers for you and your brother. Addictions are horrible.

Tracey – glad you are settling into the job. Making the space your own is a good thing to do.

Got out of work a bit early today so got a recall item taken care of. Nothing major, the knob on the gear shift, but figured I should follow through. Got grocery shopping done. Will spend most of tomorrow at a work event we put on for children in the community. Will be outside moving around a lot. Thankfully not supposed to be too hot, but it is in a parking lot. Dressing cool, taking lots of waters with me. Going to pack a lunch and snacks to take with me. We are serving hot dogs and chips, but not my idea of quality food!

Have a good Saturday all. Thanks for being here.

Ginny in Ohio
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Mia-has your kitty made his way home yet???
    Debby In Va
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Hubby stopped by to help because of my back.When leaving again JR told him he didn’t need to go to work. When told Daddy had to go to work so we can have food...JR said we just need water 💦. Lol 😂 think JRs going to be a Doctor someday lol .

JRs practicing hand stands not sure why but His butts been in the air all day except when he falls over...clunk giggles does it again.He finally said his sister’s name!!! Success!!
    Amber Tx
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Here’s hoping for a good night sleep and a wonderful weekend for all of y’all.Hugs,love,and prayers to yall ❤️.
    Debby In Va
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,934 Member
    Options
    :)Amber, Thank you for your wise words about how to handle our difficult "friends". I will take care of it before I go to bed tonight. Your son is a hoot. Thank you for sharing so many wonderful anecdotes.

<3 Barbie
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Lol no problem Barbie- I had to use the same ways to skirt my Moms family a lot that’s how I’ve become a pro lol 😂. My Doctor knew when I sat brought a magazine with no appointment that my worst Aunt was in town.Bosses knew too gave me extra shifts coworkers too lol 😂. Pastor knew didn’t want them criticizing his sermon or me so he canceled services afraid they’d show up have it at a restaurant lol 😆 gave me extra cleaning shifts at the church lol. It’s bad when a whole town helps lol Their your alibis to accomplices. Even a few customers took me with them on 1 hour away trips signed me up for church van trips.As a kid friends would have last second sleepovers days long for me lol. Darn cell phones 📱 were the down fall until I figured out how to loose signal on purpose lol.

Amber Tx
    Oh yes found out my torso super short is a large bathing suit 👙 with the size chart but my butt to boobs are XL. No wonder I never fit right Unless I mix y match a bikini which I’m way too old for. I usually get a 1 piece wear shorts cause the crotch is too long. If asked to remove the bottoms I just loudly say Not Unless You Want A Show! They let me be lol
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,915 Member
    Options
    Expecting gales and rain this weekend. There are already widespread power outages all over, including main line railways.

I had a 'funny turn' this afternoon. :( After a very light lunch I went out for my usual 5k. All went well for the first two thirds and then I started to feel very weary. For the first time ever I had to stop running on the way home and sit down on a wall. Carried on to a local shop to buy essentials and nearly fainted in the shop. The owner got me a chair and opened the doors for a breeze. I felt sooooooooooooo dizzy. Got my supplies and staggered round the corner to home.
    Downed some mints and a small jar of hummus. DH made me tea when he got home.
    I just think it was a hypo incident. I have always been hypoglycaemic, but haven’t had an episode in years as I am super careful. Today I just hadn't eaten enough. (I do my main exercise in the morning)
    I may be wrong and I may be suffering from some virus, but I feel ok apart from the faintness. (Once I've gone down it takes ages to get back to normal)
    Oh well. I cooked dinner and hope to feel better soon. Didn't do any prep for the kids.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

I carry 2 or 3 gummy worms with me on my runs ... just in case. That might be something to consider doing ... just in case.

We're getting the rain and gales all the way over here too!

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,915 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :s I got a call today from "friends " who want to get together with for another visit. Our last visit was filled with a lot of drama about their lives and many thinly veiled bigoted remarks. We have a long history with them since they were the poodle breeders of Brandy and Sasha but spending time with them keeps getting more painful. Jake wants me to call them back but we can't decide what to tell them. They go back to California next week

XXXOOO. Barbie from NW WA

Maybe you could agree to meet for coffee at a busy cafe, and then if things get too much you could excuse yourselves. An outdoor cafe might work ... bring the dogs, talk about the dogs ...

As an introvert, I've used that trick when I really don't want to commit to an entire evening or long dinner/lunch. :)

M in Oz

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)