Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,537 Member
    Options
    4jeg76nmchs2.jpeg
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :)<3Janetr, Even though you might not like seeing the "before" picture of yourself, it is a blessing to all of us to see it. It says that miracles are possible if someone makes a commitment and sticks to it. You did it and others can too.

<3 Barbie
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)<3Janetr, Even though you might not like seeing the "before" picture of yourself, it is a blessing to all of us to see it. It says that miracles are possible if someone makes a commitment and sticks to it. You did it and others can too.

<3 Barbie

Thank you so much Barbie. It is for sure an incentive to keep it off.

Janetr OKC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: We aren’t that far apart in miles, but we are in degrees latitude. Our day length is also getting shorter, but a bit more slowly than yours :flowerforyou:

Janetr: Keeping your sister in my prayers. :star:

Heather: Thanks for your good wishes for DH. You are right about pain. :smiley:

DH is having a tough day with pain. I hope the doctor appointment Monday will ease some of the challenges. Meanwhile, we’ll get by the best we can.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • janetr7476
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »

JanetR - I see a much happier, much healthier woman in the after pictures, for sure. You always look so sunny in your "now" pictures, and deserve every joy you've given yourself. Many good thoughts for your sister winging their way to her, and to you.

Oh - and come to find out that my dentist visit had to be cancelled because, once you've had a joint replaced, you're supposed to be on prophylactic antibiotics ordered by your surgeon. No one mentioned this... until I got there. So, after all the fuss last week, I'll be on a course of antibiotics this week and try again with the dentist next Friday. *sigh* Life is weird, and irony is not my friend.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Lisa since my knee replacements my dentist has always given me the script for antibiotics. If I forget to take them before I go they just give me four big horse pills of antibiotics before they start work.

Thanks for thoughts of my sis and family.

The kind words regarding pics are much appreciated.

Janetr OK
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Just made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. All store bought mix, and frosting, but I did beat the heck out of both so the cake felt very light, and the frosting mousse' like! Its my eldest son's 30th Birthday! He is presently at a car show, then afternoon he has to report in because its his duty weekend. On duty days he has to go in fairly early and either prep a helicopter for the day, or like today after flight prep work. Its usually just him and 1 other person. A big responsibility I think, but he just think its work. Last night he was prepping his scooter for the car show. His life is either building something or taking something apart! Later on, when he's off duty I am making ramen, potstickers, and lumpia with sticky rice. A feast!

Today is a rainy, cloudy day! Already looking forward to fall weather. Summer never did come to our island!
    💖Rebecca

Rebecca, today is my oldest grandson's 26th birthday. Hmmm I must be getting really old lol

Janetr OKC
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - That’s my very favorite cake. Yellow box cake and chocolate frosting from the can. Weird, I know.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3o:)>:)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    no workout today. brought the airstream home
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Ah we aren't old Janet, we are wise!💖
    💖Rebecca
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,078 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • pipcd34
    Options
    dsrsm7c436hr.jpeg
    nzhvs685ifxc.jpeg
    bsaz78dcyknj.jpeg
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Okie in the TX Hill Country, we asked him what kind, and its is what he said.👍. It really pumps up the volume of the frosting when you use a beater! I added maybe a 1/4 cup milk too. If I had some Bailey's I would've used that!💖
    💖Rebecca
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,734 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I need to learn some of your budgeting skills. I feel summer missed us this year too. It’s been rather poor, hopefully we have a nice long Fall to make up for it.

Katla - I truly hope he gets some results, medical issues are so slow to get fixed and it really affects quality of life so negatively.

Went to help my friend this afternoon, going back tomorrow to help some more I think.

Tracey In Edmonton