WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Amber ~ Does JR have a bedroom that you could move a lot of those toys into? I am too OCD and could not stand that much clutter. JMHO
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Rita - I think the blog is great... you just need more words to go with the pictures. But then again, I'm a writer, so I WOULD say that. :)
    Lisa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,368 Member
    Options
    We gave in and put the heating on today. We were freezing earlier. :s Now we are cozy. Haven’t got it on high, but a comfortable 21° C. This morning it was 18.5 ° C. Brrrr! We sit about a lot doing our writing, so need to keep warm.

Had nothing bought in for dinner so I'm using freezer stuff. Gambas a pil pil in their shells and our very favourite faux caviar with blinis and low fat creme fraiche. Rosé wine.
    That's why I have to exercise a LOT! :embarassed:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,728 Member
    Options
    What’s PDX
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS- I am in Portland, across the river from Middletown about 1/2 hr 40 min from you.. My ex and his family lived in Wolcott and have family that lived in Waterbury and Naugatuck .. so know the area well... with both my in-laws know the inside of St Marys Hospital very very well..

I'm actually in Naugatuck! What a small world.

Ugh, I wouldn't go to St. Mary's if you paid me. I had such a horrible experience in their ER once, years ago, that I wrote a letter to them and cc'd every medical and hospital board I could find addresses for.

Well, I got contacted by the board that they'd started a sting operation against the hospital as a result of my letter. After many months, they hit the hospital with tons of fines and sent me piles of documents about it. What a strange experience that was. Hope St. Mary's has straightened up.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Thanks for the input ladies! On the good side, when I done with the 5-10 minutes sauna, my body is "humming". I do like that feeling! Its like a metabolism high. When we got home I sat in our recliner just being quiet. My soreness isn't painful, so I will not worry about it. I have gone thru menopause, so done with all that.

What do you eat after you work out?

Well we usually get home about 10:30/11 am so too early for me to eat lunch, so I normally have a cup of coffee, maybe a piece of fruit.👍
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Well my husband got a cool bendable sculpted GIJoe sized body all muscles, and an Arnold Schwarzenegger Conan the barbarian head, and accessories! It was from eldest son for his birthday! Must have cost him a pretty penny. We laughed so hard because the body came with attachable man parts. One happy, one not so! Lord knows why, because Arnold came with a furry loin cloth.
    Had a hard time missing my Japan son, just crying yesterday. I went over to son's living room side and he played funny YouTube videos. 💖
    💖Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pp
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Michele--Bashful is so cute.

Rebecca-- Happy 35th!! Our 34th will be Nov 3. Not sure where all the years have gone.

So glad today is Friday, it has been a long week. Sounds like rain for most the weekend. So not sure what are plans are.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    What’s PDX

PDX is the acronym for Portland International Airport (i.e. Portland, Oregon)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Pip I think maybe PDX = Portland International Airport.
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Ok so didn't buy candy when I went out grocery shopping. I hate Halloween.🎃🎃😕🐷🐷🍬🍭🍬!!!
    I did but Udon noodles, some Japanese soup base and will steam some soy sauce drizzled Tilapia fish! I should've bought some green onions! That would have topped this feast nicely!
    I looked for NECCO wafers but didn't see any. My current candy need. But I didn't settle on just anything. That should count for something.
    I am a hunt and gatherer, and sometimes the Hunter is not meant to find a certain thing. I did buy a peach, that is sweet like candy, and I have some honey and walnuts I could candify them!
    Tonight is a Jazz and Wine festival on base. We are attending, but I don't think I will have any wine. It just gives me a headache.
    I bought last shopping trip a frozen quinoa, spinach and kale bag, so I might use that with my fish. I like to take protein and make a bed of veggies for it. I have frozen peas, add some pasta and add tuna to it. I still have some of my frozen Lean Cuisine, and you know what? I haven't gotten any leaner. False advertising! Lol! I actually do better making my own stuff, just some times I get lazy.
    Made a box for Japan son, had baked cookies and brownies, so 2 of the cookies didn't fit in the container I used. So eldest son are them, then asked the next night where the cookies were. Husband said they were for your brother! So he was like "awe oh". So today I bought more fixings for more cookies. As long as I put it in marked containers, don't touch them. They aren't for me. I have other stuff.👍
    Have a good day ladies.
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey island WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    After soup kitchen (they had chili, a salad, baked potato and watermelon, with cupcakes or apple pie for dessert. Not all that bad, it’s been worse) went to the bank, stopped to see if they had Vince’s rye bread which they didn’t, went to the Salvation Army to see if they had my sweater but they didn’t, then bought gas (boy, did I need it), then Aldi (needed meat for dinner, I think I like the salmon at WalMart better, but we shall see)

I usually take a bottle of water when I leave the soup kitchen, but today they were out. What I should do is open the bottle when I first get there, take a swig, then leave it in the refrigerator. It's amazing to me how many people (volunteers) eat before or while the patrons are eating. I would never do that. Now if I wanted I would eat after we finished serving, eat what's left over. But not while the people are eating. I feel "be sure there's enough for the people who don't have anything. At least I have food"

All was well at the dermatologist.

Lanette – how did we get to NC? Well, for years Vince went to the NASCAR race in Charlotte. One time he stayed in Hickory. It was then that he said “when I retire, I want to move to NC”. Well, he retired, he searched areas of NC. We didn’t want something on the coast where we’d have to rebuild our house every few years, we wanted 4 seasons but not a harsh winter, no earthquakes, like I said, the last hurricane to hit here was Hurricane Hugo which was 20+ years ago. So here we are…..

Debbie VA – stay safe! By, you’re on the coast

M – thanks for clearing up for me what a semi-vegetarian is. I’m probably the same way as you. Not a real semi, but if I were alone, I could easily be one

Lisa – I don’t think I could ever write grants. Congrats to you

Pip – isn’t PDX Portland Airport?

Rebecca – you should probably be having some protein to aid your muscles

When Halloween comes around, I give out HANDFULS of candy to the kids. Vince buys the kind he likes and I put the left-overs in his office so out of sight out of mind. While I’m giving out the candy, I usually pop a bowl of airpopped popcorn to have

Forgot to get more peaches at Aldi today. But did get apples.

Michele NC
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Vicki GI NE , congrats to us!💖

Michele, I will have some yogurt afterwards, and see if that helps👍
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Rho97070 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    What’s PDX

PDX is the acronym for Portland International Airport (i.e. Portland, Oregon)

Duh, k u can call me dumb now
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    My mom baked chocolate chip cookies. I ate the broken one. So now I am skipping my chicken for dinner so the calories are under budget. Should be fine, I get plenty of protein. I don't know whether to feel proud for managing calories, or guilty for eating a cookie. I'm still learning to diet like an adult.

Annie in Delaware