WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Terri Really pretty colors! I think I would like to learn to crochet and knit.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,433 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Terri Really pretty colors! I think I would like to learn to crochet and knit.

There are good videos on YouTube for beginners. You can pause them and rewind to practice. Just search ‘ beginner’s crochet.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :)Terri, your cardigan is beautiful. What impresses me most is that you were able to make something that fit you correctly.

:)Rita, reading and writing are two good ways to become a better writer. Reading improves your vocabulary and provides models of good writing and writing makes you more fluent. Many writers set aside a time each day to write and allow nothing to distract them during that time. Having a fair and loving editor/proofreader/critic is another useful tool. And "do not be discouraged".

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Terri ~ The cardigan looks so soft and cozy. You will enjoy it on cold days.

Carol in GA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Scale says I lost four pounds last night! Yay! Eating cookies must be the secret! Lol

Thanks for the support. My feelings about eating bounce around more than the scale.
    Annie in Delaware
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    bananasandoranges This forum has was loading pages for me as you described, i.e. page 1 first. But learned that if I refresh the page after finishing my entries that the last page that I was on comes up.

Teri in AZ What a positive report and very inspiring. I hope you and DH are feeling better soon.

Karen in VA Ohhhh, thank you so much <3 Later this weekend, I'll probably go crazy figuring it out, and annoy everyone with posting my emojis :wink:

Kate in UK Thanks for the intro for us newbies :-) BIG congrats on 54 years with your DH, and for challenging yourself at 71 to be healthy, being on MPF, and for being an inspiration! It's awesome to hear that even in our (silver) years its possible to lose weight and be fit. <3 P.S. I lived in Spain BC (i.e. Before Children.) BF and I are planning a trip late next spring to visit BF's son in Figueres. I'm thinking about that trip is encouraging - I'm thinking of it as a "reward" for my for my weight loss :blush:

Non-health/weight loss goal for today: clean, clean, clean including the carpets! :wink:

Rho (south of PDX)
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday ladies. Not much to report here. We are having a gorgeous run of weather and I’ve have been out enjoying it by walking and soaking up the sun and fresh air.

Work is taking up my headspace, but in a good way. I am journaling and reflecting on my work after reading an article about listing all the things you love, hate and are just “meh” about, think of the loves as red threads, the hates as black threads and the “meh” as grey threads. Then reflect on the color of your “tapestry”. So far it has been a good exercise. I’m only a week into it and it is helping me cope with the toxic and challenging bits. I can’t forget that exercise is another really good way to cope with work stress.

Enjoy the day. NYKAREN

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    We went to the Lagoon Fest. Just ambled about a bit.
    Then we went to the Fish Market and bought lots of stuff, including skate wings for dinner. Somehow they forgot to put the blinis in our basket. We rang them and we will be back next week to pick them up.
    The skate was HEAVEN. :D

My son rang this morning. He wants us to go over to theirs tomorrow morning to babysit while they go out for a cycle ride. Happy to do it. :D I will get up early to do some rowing before we leave at 9.15. Walking both ways will burn another 200 calories. My son is fixing lunch for us all. :D

I'm more or less finished with my computer woes. My new 128gb micro card arrived today, so that's the next job, transferring videos and photos onto the card. I don't need to do it, but I have a tidy mind. :o Haven't put it in yet. ;):*
    Today I spent some time setting up a 'fix it' document in Word for my 2nd memoir. I have copied all the formatting I can from the first one, so I hope the typing up will go smoothly. When I mentioned it to DH, he said "Oh, I didn't bother with that! " No, that's why his paperback is a mess.
    I can only do my best and it might all have changed now that KDP have taken over Createspace.

Barbara - I will try transferring the memo pad into Word, but I'm not holding out much hope.I do need to radically edit, so I don't mind typing out again,. It will be far too long if I don't do some cutting. I would have to choose a new format., I think, which would spoil the look of the series/set. I have chosen a title - THEREFORE I AM.

Still not using my new tablet much. Gradually entering passwords, opening apps etc. Definitely feeling the fear, but gradually doing it anyway. Watched All4 on it while I was rowing yesterday.

Now Midsomer Murders and Endeavour repeats. :-)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Barbara LOL!!! You're welcome. DJ (DamitJanit) had some really awesome ones. Barbie, Katla, & others have some cool emojis, too. You just have to click on their emoji to go to the site. xoxo —Karen in Virginia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,433 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Just popping in. After reading Barbara AHMOD's post this morning, I realize I missed a lot she commented on! Need to go back.

Quickly-

Terri
    - love your new sweater looks very comfy. I need to get out my crochet hook - what I really need is a "shrug" to keep my upper arms warm. Will check out internet patterns today.

Rita - I really enjoy your blog, so glad you are recording your retirement experiences. Hope your DH is doing well.

I did my "big" early morning shopping trip this morning. I'm pooped, lol. On the way home my Subaru's idiot light came on for "charging" problems. Yuk. It's a 2008 - 99,000 miles so barely broken in. Thankfully have had very few problems with it, and grateful it got me home with a car full of frozen stuff!

Hopefully can get it started and into the shop on Monday, DH will get to be my chauffeur again.

Have a great Saturday! B)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Barbara thank you for your kind words. I will start working on that cloak!!!
    NYKAREN
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Go, Pip!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,372 Member
    Options
    Great stuff, Pip! :o:p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,433 Member