WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hey I got to use the disagree button already! lol Pip, no one could ever call you dumb!
    I'm still lurking, got caught up on reading but no time to comment!
    Hope everyone is doing well, I'm hanging in there!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Barbie, condolences on the loss of your cousin.
    Allie, so sorry to hear about Chester, my hope is that his end is peaceful and painless.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rita: I love your blog and the great advice. Thank you for sharing !!! :star:

Pip: Your airstream looks cozy and homey. I would love to be there to see the Deception Pass MS ride. Someday. . . Thank you for participating. :heart:

Annie in DE: We all eat things we shouldn’t from time to time. Nobody is perfect. :noway: Here is the savior—exercise. Go out and walk off the cookie calories—or what-ever you need to burn away, and then enjoy your dinner. Keep an eye on portion sizes. :smiley:

Michele: It appears that you and DH made very good choices when you moved to NC. You selected a homesite that is away from the risk of harm and in a lovely setting. WTG!!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • AZTeri2016
    AZTeri2016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    On the road again....

Is that an Airstream? We want to get a new trailer so badly. Sold ours 3 years ago after my husband had a stroke and we downsized. We’re now sort of/kind of in the market again, but he’s hold out for a 5th wheel. He works from home, so we could travel any time and as long as he has internet, he can work. If I hadn’t had to quit my job last year (long, ugly story), and my Mini Cooper hadn’t been totaled forcing us to buy a new car before we were ready, next year we would have been looking. But alas, finances just aren’t there, yet. Although the raise he just found out he got certainly helps :)

Probably no rides for us tomorrow as we are both battling colds now, thankyouverymuch for sharing, dear hubby!

• AZTeri2016
    AZTeri2016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Pip - have you considered riding in El Tour de Tucson? As a cyclist, I’m sure you probably know about it :). I would love to be in shape enough to ride the 50/55 miles part of it, but I’m not there yet. I could do the 25 mile, but the route is so hilly, I’m not sure! Still need to work on strength and endurance. However, if you saw my earlier post, you will see that we probably aren’t riding tomorrow as we both are battling colds. Ah well. Next week.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,728 Member
    Options
    AZTeri2016 wrote: »
    On the road again....

Is that an Airstream? We want to get a new trailer so badly. Sold ours 3 years ago after my husband had a stroke and we downsized. We’re now sort of/kind of in the market again, but he’s hold out for a 5th wheel. He works from home, so we could travel any time and as long as he has internet, he can work. If I hadn’t had to quit my job last year (long, ugly story), and my Mini Cooper hadn’t been totaled forcing us to buy a new car before we were ready, next year we would have been looking. But alas, finances just aren’t there, yet. Although the raise he just found out he got certainly helps :)

Probably no rides for us tomorrow as we are both battling colds now, thankyouverymuch for sharing, dear hubby!

Yup it’s an airstream, 2004
  • pipcd34
    Options
    ety8ncpgbs8l.jpeg
    hgwwb6o41491.jpeg
    3j9uxd8t5gwb.jpeg
    bx6hqifwth2q.jpeg
    h5in2687qmgq.jpeg
    dlcuagetljcg.jpeg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,818 Member
    Options
    Tucked in and going to sleep. Just watched the movie Poms. With Diane Keaton and Rhea Perlman .real cute movie
  • pipcd34
    Options
    AZTeri2016 wrote: »
    Pip - have you considered riding in El Tour de Tucson? As a cyclist, I’m sure you probably know about it :). I would love to be in shape enough to ride the 50/55 miles part of it, but I’m not there yet. I could do the 25 mile, but the route is so hilly, I’m not sure! Still need to work on strength and endurance. However, if you saw my earlier post, you will see that we probably aren’t riding tomorrow as we both are battling colds. Ah well. Next week.

We haven’t. We probably would b able to do it tho. Keep trukin you’ll get there, don’t give u. We all start somewhere

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Thanks for the input ladies! On the good side, when I done with the 5-10 minutes sauna, my body is "humming". I do like that feeling! Its like a metabolism high. When we got home I sat in our recliner just being quiet. My soreness isn't painful, so I will not worry about it. I have gone thru menopause, so done with all that.

What do you eat after you work out?

Well we usually get home about 10:30/11 am so too early for me to eat lunch, so I normally have a cup of coffee, maybe a piece of fruit.👍

You might consider going with a yogurt or something with a bit of protein.

Also, are you doing the same workout each time ... working the same muscles? Or are you focusing on different muscle groups each time?

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Supposed to b 80 today!! H
    God i love warm weather
    0spcqdp6i0ay.jpeg

Is that a Brooks saddle on the one in the middle? Good choice!! Almost all our bicycles have Brooks saddles.

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    Options
    God i love warm weather
    0spcqdp6i0ay.jpeg

Is that a Brooks saddle on the one in the middle? Good choice!! Almost all our bicycles have Brooks saddles.

Machka in Oz

That’s Kirbys wooden bike, it has a brooks saddle
  • Machka9
    Options
    God i love warm weather
    0spcqdp6i0ay.jpeg

Machka in Oz

:+1:

I tried several different saddles and people kept suggesting the Brooks saddles ... I was very sceptical but finally got one and haven't looked back. I like the men's B17s for most of my bicycles, but the women's for my mtn bike and our tandem because it has a shorter nose.

The only bicycle without a Brooks, right now, is my trainer bicycle ... an older Giant OCR3 on a older Nashbar fluid trainer.

• pipcd34
    Options
    God i love warm weather
    0spcqdp6i0ay.jpeg

Machka in Oz

:+
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    jt2dxra4fgih.jpeg
    This is his wooden bike with the brooks saddle
  • Machka9
    Options
    jt2dxra4fgih.jpeg
    This is his wooden bike with the brooks saddle

Is the wooden frame comfortable to ride?