WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,067 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Rita - I really want to stop the allergy shots. I think they helped but are so painful anymore, pain lasting for days and days. I think I'd rather have my nose run, lol. The hives/rash I'm experiencing right now is due to the adhesives in the drape (I swear they used duct tape and ripped it off!) and then a secondary blow over the rest of the tummy which was where they used the iodine.

Lanette
    SW WA State

My allergy shots (for dust mites) went on for 3 years ...

Once a week for the first 6 months
    Every other week for the next 6 months
    Once a month for the next year
    And then extending out 6 weeks, 2 months, 3 months ... until she decided I was done.

My allergist says that I should be good for 10 years from the time we finished which was in 2017. However, I do notice that when the Christmas decorations all come out I have a mild reaction and I also have a mild reaction in bedding stores or fabric stores where the stock doesn't turn over very often.

Are your shots coming to an end soon?

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Thanks for the input ladies! On the good side, when I done with the 5-10 minutes sauna, my body is "humming". I do like that feeling! Its like a metabolism high. When we got home I sat in our recliner just being quiet. My soreness isn't painful, so I will not worry about it. I have gone thru menopause, so done with all that.

What do you eat after you work out?

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    I was allergic to horses when I was a kid. But, I was a typical young girl and wouldn't stay away from the neighbor's horses. After a time, my allergies were gone. I'd never been on meds for it. The theory was that my continued overexposure to the horses cured my allergy.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,968 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    <3Allie and Chester, <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,650 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

took it easy

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.13min, 13amph, 145mhr, 1.56mi= 99c
    apple watch- 62c
    MANUAL TREADMILL- slow walk- 50min, 98ahr, 111mhr, 2.64mi= 171c
    apple watch- 270c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.30min, 15.7amph, 122mhr, 1.44mi= 52c
    apple watch- 42c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.10min, 12amph, 141mhr, 3.03mi= 140c
    apple watch- didn't record right
    jog station 2 wrk- 5.20min, 139mhr, 10.38min mi, .50mi= 56c
    apple watch- 56c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.24min, 9.54min mi, 146mhr, .44mi= 62c
    apple watch- 57c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.39min 8.2amph 148mhr 2.53mi= 189c
    Apple Watch- 141c

total cal 868
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    So far it’s been a pretty good week. My sister is behaving herself. My mom is doing Ok. They are not antagonizing one another. My sister is short cash, but that’s nothing new.

Prayers Allie for Chester. It’s never easy.

Stay safe if you are in Dorian’s path. My aunt weathered it fine in Florida.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,870 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,768 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS- I am in Portland, across the river from Middletown about 1/2 hr 40 min from you.. My ex and his family lived in Wolcott and have family that lived in Waterbury and Naugatuck .. so know the area well... with both my in-laws know the inside of St Marys Hospital very very well..
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Heather I know you have worked hard to get to the healthy person you are now. Thanks for showing us your "before" photo. <3

Can I ask how you started please? I'm really struggling. You said you had pain in your knees etc. I have started with knee pain and foot pain, I don't want to end up like my poor mum who can hardly walk now and is in such pain most of the time. I need to get a handle on this sooner rather than later.

Also love the quotes from Barbie and Karen, I need to concentrate more on what I can control - one of them being what I eat!

Still catching up, but need to get moving - a few phone calls I need to do first. a) sort the kitchen delivery/payment/fitting and b) contact the funeral directors to arrange dad's remains to be buried in the nearby cemetery.

Love to all
    Viv UK <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Rhonda – what makes you a semi-vegetarian???

Michele in NC
    Rho97070 wrote: »
    Michele in NC You asked: what makes me a "semi-vegetarian". Simple answer: I rarely eat meat. It doesn't much appeal to me and its hard on my digestion. I'm also "semi-FODMAP". I'll eat a small amount of lean meat if my BF prepares something and I'm too lazy/busy to fix something myself, and I'll eat anything a host/ess offer because I don't want them to go out of their way for me or feel uncomfortable by my refusal to eat something they served :-)

Rhonda (South of PDX)

I also "identify" as a semi vegetarian ... most of the time. :) I eat very small quantities of meat and can happily go several days without meat. :)

M in Oz

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Ladies -

Have a great weekend!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Machka9
    Options
    AGGH! My surgery on my second eye went well, but turned backward when I had a rough afternoon with pain that I had not expected. The first one did not hurt and this one has hurt a lot, so I ate over 500 calories in ice cream trying to comfort myself in the pain. Tonight it is a little better than it was, but the damage is done. I hate being so weak and falling back into the comfort eating...sigh...still way behind on reading, but since my vision is double, I will have to catch up later...

Hope you are all safe from the storms and the fires! <3 Luci in WNC (far away from Hurricane Dorian)

My father's eye surgeries have been like that ... one really bad, the next one OK ... he's got another one coming up and we hope it will be OK.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lisa ~ 500 grant applicants? That's a hurdle. :):o:s Good wishes for you.

Carol in GA