WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,616 Member
    Karen - I'm scratching my head as to the meaning of your adorable gif. <3 Could you explain it to me in a spoiler. :/

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    :)
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Heather - thank you - and I didn't get the gif either. :D And I stay pretty up on y'all's political situation 'cause it interests me. :blush:
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,822 Member
    edited September 2019
    I got up a little bit late this morning and had to rush out to my craft group. I have read up to date but DH has just returned so off to have lunch. Will be back later.

Heather: it’s good to have a little time to yourself. I always find lots of things to do when DH is off with his friends birdwatching.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,477 Member
    We had a pot luck at bowling today for the end of the season. I took carrots and tomatoes with me and just had cheese and fruit. So many people buy things at the store, it’s ridiculous. And so many people just buy desserts. I kept away from them, cakes and cookies just don’t really appeal to me most times. Ceramics tonight.

Tuesday here: Did Kathy Smiths Great Buns and Thighs Step Workout DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Interval Party DVD which is new for me.

My throat is feeling a little scratchy so what I think I want is some yogurt with honey today. Yogurt usually makes a scratchy throat feel better

Penny – enjoy.

KJ – those books and the fundraiser – good for you

Heather – you’re in good company, I thought I was the only person who was scratching their head at the gif. In some ways, I can’t wait for Vince to go out with his friends. I can do what I want to do. Like tonight he’s going shooting with the Newcomers which means I’ll get about 2 hours to myself. I’ve already planned that I’ll string more popcorn if I can then work on Colby’s one Christmas present. I’m going to make him a diamond dotz picture of planets. I’d originally made him a picture of a wolf because Jessica told me that he was really into wolves. But then I saw that he got a new license plate with a space theme.

Michele in NC

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,148 Member
    :) I didn't get the flying flamingo either so I made the mistake of asking my husband if he understood. He had an idea then started talking about his take on Brexit which then got him talking about some things that were on his mind about the political situation in the US and I heard much more political talk than is comfortable for me. Fortunately, he stops after awhile when I don't say anything.

:) My morning walking friend has an early meeting so she won't be walking with us after breakfast. Jake offered to go with us for the first part of the walk that lasts about 20 minutes until Bessie gets tired and wants to come home. We would normally get out earlier than this but I'm waiting for him to finish coffee and breakfast. The dogs and I were out for 35 minutes in the dark before breakfast.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,412 Member
    Sorry Barbie
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    nqdcix929hnj.jpg
    Walter our one elk was been spotted! He's massive!
    💖Rebecca

He is magnificent! 😨
  • 1948Peachy
    Hi Tina! Glad that you are joining us as we are a great group of chatty folks.

Carol in GA
  • DonnaChristman2015
    DonnaChristman2015 Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hello everyone!

I have never posted on a blog before - especially one dealing with weight loss and exercise. But I am thinking that it might help me stay on track. I am 55 and need to lose 75 pounds. Right now, I am in a program for pre-diabetes and we are tracking fat grams. I am tracking everything that goes in my mouth and I realize I am usually under in carbs and proteins but over in fat grams. I know I do better with cravings if I eat more protein. Any food suggestions for low fat but higher protein?

Thanks,
    Donna
  • 1948Peachy
    Hi Donna! Welcome to our chatty group!

Carol in GA
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 969 Member
    Hi Donna. Try egg whites. High protein, low fat and calories. Also, lowfat cottage cheese. Put a little honey in it for flavor/sweetness. Also try lowfat Greek yogurt - again, add a tiny bit of honey if you prefer and your own fruit. That keeps it low fat. Beans are also good for protein and carbs, but low fats. Try hummus or white bean spread. Of course chicken and turkey are good. Avoid cheese. That is usually my downfall when I'm trying to stay lowfat.

Good luck.

Tina in CA
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Welcome to the newbies. 💙🌷💙
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,217 Member
    Speaking of reading (a few pages back) I just bought the new Steven King book “The Institute” on Kindle. Who here has read or seen “IT”?

On the same note, going to lose weight the next two days; prepping for colonoscopy tomorrow.

Bowel issues still in investigation mode. Found out I can’t take certain supplements my doctor prescribed like magnesium and DIM.

Had to skim to catch up.

Welcome to newcomers! This is a great group!

RVRita