WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies-
    Well at least.it is here.. I am so sore.. i have been crawling around the carpeted floor all afternoon putting the island together. Had to stop and I was getting tired and frustrated.. will finish it up tomorrow.
    Tom took Chester back to the vet.fornmorenfluids under the skin.. Elena and I are letting him do what he needs to do..
    Tomorrow getting my eyes dilated and pick up my very expensive glasses .then have to take one of my neighbors down to the dentist I work at..her kids are just losers I amm sorry to say and she is the sweetest thing..
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,125 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • Rho97070
    Rho97070 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies! I'm a newbie, too. I joined the group at the 1st of the month and have gotten lots of support in just 10 days! :smiley:

Machka in Oz Good luck on your presentation tomorrow!

Michele in NC You putting in a DVD and getting moving is inspiring . . . I have several fitness DVDs but never use them. Your writing about using DVDs is inspiring. Perhaps I'll continue to be inspired then one day, wa-la, I'll actually plop one in the machine and get going!!!

Luci in WNC I too have to be careful about blood sugar levels (as well as fats) and their effects on gastroparesis, and have also been to eat small meals often. Along with the smaller meals, I'm changing up what I eat. My hope is that with the healthier foods that there won't be as many fluctuations and that after some 20-25lb weight loss, I'll then be able to do IF - I'm assuming that I'll reach a plateau and IF may be helpful kick starting more weight loss - we'll see. Good luck with your journey :)

Barbara SOC Aww, thank you for the kind words of acknowledgement <3 P.S. Your Udon soup looked yummy!

Sharon It looks like it might be a little coudy or rainy. I hope nothing dampens your plans. Be safe. Have fun!

Yvonne in TX Thank you for bringing notice to today being World Suicide Prevention Day! This unfortunate event occurred to the fiance of a close relative. The relative blamed/ blames themselves and are stuck. The effect reverberated through our entire family. We still deal with the event via the devastation it caused our family member. In the US, unless one is in prison (where help for mental illness is offered free) little is offered at an affordable cost to those who need it and I think that's sad and shameful.

Day 10 of Reinventing Rhonda

I'm doing my evening check in earlier that usual :smile:

It's hard to put myself, my health, first a lot of the time. My "to-do" list(s) often bully me. The "to-do" bully won over the get out and walk angel this morning. I'll begin anew tomorrow.

Have a lovely evening, everyone!

Rho (south of PDX)

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

the running begins

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.23min, 12.8amph, 130mhr, 1.57mi= 72c
    apple watch- 59c
    treadmill jog- 30.36min, 140ahr, 158mhr, 6.0-6.4sp, 5k= 360c
    apple watch- 370c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 4.59min, 17.8amph, 128mhr, 1.47mi= 57c
    apple watch- 44c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 14.55min, 12.2amph, 139mhr, 3.02mi= 158c
    apple watch- 118c
    jog station 2 wrk- 5.13min, 146mhr, 10.24min mi, .50mi= 70c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 5.13min, 10.24min mi, 148mhr, .50mi = 64c
    apple watch- 61c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.59min, 8.1amph, 157mhr, 2.55mi= 187c
    apple watch- 155c

total cal 965
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Beth I'm clamping my mouth shut reading your story. 😣

I'm 61 and have been deathly afraid of the dentist since childhood, to the point of panic attacks and bawling my head off at their office.

When I switched to my husband's dentist a few years back, after having skipped going at all for many years, they helped me get over my fears. Now, I'm proud to say, I go every 6 months for a cleaning.😆

Glad you found a new one that made you feel better.

you're not alone, i'm was the same way. i was taking valum b4 I got there. I would put music headphones blasting so I couldn't hear a thing.... and other stuff....
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    My lasagna making was a success. Good for portion control. I know when I used to make a complete pan of it, my husband's square would be humongous! Here its more realistic.
    l48wapv94k37.jpeg
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Oh here you can see just how NOT of a summer Whidbey island gets.
    mtj1ei0sihuk.png
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    This lasagna pic was before I put it in the oven now.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Spent most of the day stringing popcorn. Then went to PetSmart to get more food for Lexi. Her blood was tested the other day and the vet said that she’s in the early stages of kidney failure. This is hitting Vince pretty hard, lexi is honestly his favorite, I think it’s because he feels for her for all she’s been thru. So we got her special (translation: expensive) kidney food. Fortunately, she doesn’t eat a whole whole lot of it at any one time

Via Benefits (part of Mars) called today about my going on Medicare. Yuk, but it’s going to happen. I have an appointment to talk with them on October 18.

Tina in CA – welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you better. Good advice to Donna.

Rita – my sympathies. Everything will work out (excuse the pun)

Got a diamond dotz for Colby. The description said it was 12x16. I assumed that meant the finished picture was 12x16. Ah….no. So I’ll be returning it to Amazon and I’ve asked other sellers the size of the picture versus the canvas that it is on. This is the first time that this has ever happened to me.

Donna – welcome!

While Vince was at shooting, made this chocolate thing for him. My throat is scratchy so had one of the orange pops. Made some earlier tonight so had one.

Graciecat – welcome to you, too. Give us a name you’d like to be called and a location (state is enough)

Rho – one of the problems with DVD’s is that after a while I get bored with them and just need new ones. Also, different instructors call things differently. But that I can handle. When I get bored with a DVD, I usually offer it to anyone on here for the cost of the shipping which in the US is usually around $3 or a little less.

Michele in NC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Family visiting up a storm not stopping family from Odessa dropping in after the shootings to see us all. JR y my Dad watched a movie eating snacks.
    onsj13nw3u2f.jpeg
    37w3ciuctd6y.jpeg
    xwfvupa85wmc.jpeg

Nope 👎 can’t put the toys 🧸 in the bedroom he’s still too young (Daughter was more mature) he gets hurt easily (accident prone like me y My Dad poor kid lol),puts stuff in his mouth still, won’t go to bed if he has a toy 🧸 so only night night bear 🐻!

Luckily only visitors are my Dad y MIL they don’t care .O clean it up but he drags it out as they ring the door 🚪 bell lol 😂

Thinking of going to my 1st gynecologist. Will see not sure when yet. I put the diffuser light thingy Daughter bought at the sink to enjoy since I’m always cooking y washing dishes! For being on a diet we seem to use twice as much of everything! Hubby started dieting with me so we’re on the same page which is nice 👍! Sides been hurting let’s hope if I get time this or next month maybe the Gyno can figure out why my ovary area hurts so much.

Puppy 🐶 pee pad - May have to go back to the basics or put multiple pads down in one spot to see if he’ll hit one lol 😂. Some folks confine them put pee pads then slowly remove some until Pup gets the hint. Some folks try a whole new route but not much out there for pups versus cats. Can even try spraying vinegar where he has accidents that’s what my cousin does but she’s still potty training long process like me y Potty training JR.
    https://wagwalking.com/training/use-a-pee-pad
    Amber Tx

Back to getting ready for more family soon. Night folks
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Felt v. productive this morning, knocked out all the firehouse paperwork in between doing a cold water load of lights, vacuuming and cooking corned beef with potatoes, carrots and cabbage. Love that Capricorn Moon energy ;)
    Knee started aching at line dance lesson, I'm way overdue to return to the preventative exercises and other mat work.

Welcome Tina in CA, DonnaChristman2015 and graciecat7409.
    Beth how dare that insensitive lout scold you for feeling pain. Glad you reported him for the false billing. Hope he quit practicing dentistry and went into demolition of something that has no feelings, like brick walls or boulders.
    Rebecca that miso/udon soup pic made my mouth water, but where are the shiitakes?
    Lisa thanks for that confirmation. I'm seeing that combing, brushing, even dragging fingers through leaves an unattractive frizz, but my scalp crawls at the thought of not combing and brushing. Today's compromise was that AFTER brushing, I mixed water with new gel, massaged it into the hair and scrunched away. Either it worked better, or I'm getting more used to the look ;)

Still didn't scan docs today. Tomorrow after T'ai Chi and before dog group will try to finish the dog group's email list. Rain stopped and should be sunny tomorrow. Hoping it will dry the deck so I can give it its second coat Thursday.

For now too pooped to say more, but love you all!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for September: grit
    Steps-5132 so far today. vits-9 log-10 CICO-9 Tumble-7 mfp-9 AF-6
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Hi all,
    Going to get up and get ready for Bea's arrival in a minute. I won't get the bus until 9 because that's when my free pass starts (she is free) so she will be a bit late at nursery. My son says they don't mind.
    Want to wash my hair and get my face on as I might continue into town afterwards and then run home as I will have missed my exercises. Yesterday a new black and purple glitter bumbag arrived from Amazon, so I will give that a ride today! :D

Last night's dancing was a bit hard on the knees as we were doing double spins, followed by circles. My left knee did not approve, but I don't think there is any lasting damage. It was very hot and very fun! I was in the front row for the video, so will be on full view in all my staggering glory! :o

Hope to do a bit more copy and pasting today. I'm pleased with the work I did yesterday and very relieved.

Yes, Katla, it can have a larger spine than the last one, but this volume looks as if it's going to turn out much longer. I think there is a recommended limit. I'm just going to plow on for now. DH's paperbacks are larger, 9x6, than mine, but I want mine to look like a set. I'm calling it, THEREFORE I AM. :bigsmile:

DH was very appreciative of the large plate of bolognese sauce, mashed rutabaga and carrot, green beans and side of grated parmesan that I left for him last night. His journey home was longer than usual because the motorway was shut because of a van on fire. I left instructions to microwave on 800 for four minutes. I had my sauce before I left on an enormous pile of zoodles and green beans. I was stuffed! Did not sit well with dancing! :laugh:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Moorefield WV- I found limiting my calories for dressing to ice creams help. I’m using
    (30-100cal Sugarfree ice creams) Dryers to Heakthy smart to cow ones even popsicle brand ones.
    Dressings (0 cal) Walden dressing Chipotle
    G Hughes bbq sauce (10 cal)
    Sugarfree Jello y pudding mix
    W2G for hitting the no cancer mark

Guacamole recipe (1 of many on my family but simplified by me lol 😂 I’m not spending time making ingredients for this!)
    1.avocados
    2.packet guacamole seasoning (produce section y seasoning isle most stores)
    3.lemon juice
    4.spinach torn up till it won’t tear no more
    5.cucumer or celery
    6.Guacamole salsa
    Mix,chill,serve
    Bake tortilla chips 4-5min airfryer or a few minutes in a stove to be warm restaurant style plus cooks makersgrease out this way.
    Homemade tortilla chips good too.Can also put on salads to quesadillas to other foods .
    Amber Tx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options