Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Filling out some paper work on computer it wouldn't take me info tried three times. Called for help waited 10 minutes on phone. When told the person on the phone the problem they said they would send me the form. I tried one more thing I left out the periods after my initial. It said in direction it would not take extra characters. The computer figured a . an extra character.

What should have been 5 minutes at most took 4 times as long. I am becoming used to this as we get our finances in order. Lesson learned you cannot argue with a computer. In some instances a . is considered an extra character.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,352 Member
    Options
    Amber – oh, yes, the birds love the popcorn when we take it off the trees. And our cats love the birds outside the window….lol

Heather – saw a t-shirt the other day saying “you know you’re old when happy hour is a nap”…lol

Speaking of bras made me think of this. I have some of the exercise tops, you know, the real clingy stuff. Anyway, even tho there is a piece of material around the top area, you can still see the nipple through. What do others do?

Rho – looking forward to hearing from you. I’m always looking for different DVD’s. Honestly, I get bored doing the same stuff.

Janetr – why did you have to go thru all that for a bone scan? They usually don’t give me any kind of dye

Went to the Newcomer general meeting. Really wasn’t worth it, but worth it to see that it’s really the same faces there. Afterwards, went in the pool. Ceramics tonight. Will work more on my turtle and probably put Happy in to be fired. So Monday I’ll pick up (hopefully) bashful and Happy

Michele in NC
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Dandi--Sounds to me like you are doing really good. One day at a time.

Machka--I would go nuts with things flying in and out. I go nuts when something fly in the car and have to get it out as soon as possible. Very OCD about it.

I am only up to page 38 been a crazy day. Had an interview and going to offer the lady the job. So hoping they can get the paperwork done so can get her started and trained.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,161 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rhonda Above your post, pick the pilcrow symbol vp4s9usno0dc.png

Then click the "spoiler" option to hide the photo.
    tdlpxq7s8mwo.png
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Michele, regarding the bra issue, I've either put bandaids or folded up tissue over my nipples.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,051 Member
    Options
    aha! It works like this!
    Annie in Delaware
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Rhonda it’s
    B I (spoiler symbol) 🙂camera / then (mountain pic means insert images).
    Hit spoiler symbol then make space in between what pop up.Hit mountain 🏔 pic to insert picture or put a link .Tadaaa spoiler pics.
    Waiting for Hubby to get a day off to take me to the Doctor 👩‍⚕️. No one could do anything until now because for 2 1/2yrs I was still healing from my Csection ,but I should be healed now so the pain is not supposed to be there. ASAP going but could be a few weeks at our age y JRs size we are taking care of our elderly parents they cannot babysit. A lot of folks don’t understand child Health problems so need hubby to go with me so I’m not spread eagle with big ol’ JR in my arms. Hubby wanted to take me Saturday but none are open then (someone should corner that market!

As many have noticed

JRs out door toys 🧸 are indoors . His skin condition is that bad. Of course having indoor toys 🧸 inside plus regular inside toys takes up a lot of room but worth his safety.Were talking about an indoor playground for inside so he can swing to slide y climb. It’s something we’re considering.Lol one day will look back at pictures laugh at how much room this boy takes up.

Amber Tx

Need to cut his hair still too it’s on the list of stuff to do.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Michele in NC "Janetr – why did you have to go thru all that for a bone scan? They usually don’t give me any kind of dye"

This was not a bone density scan. The bone scan was to look at both knee replacements. The left knee has slipped a bit out of place. This surgeon did not do the replacement originally so he wanted a good look at the replacements and to have a base to compare to in the future, it can also show any obstruction of blood flow as II have horrible varicose veins.

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    P
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    JanetR I had both knees and one hip replaced. For the longest time afterwards, I was afraid of falling. A few months ago, I faceplanted and kneeplanted on concrete steps. My knees both got swollen but the replacements were fine. I was so relieved. 😥

What is the purpose of doing bone scans on titanium knees?
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Felt v. productive this morning, knocked out all the firehouse paperwork in between doing a cold water load of lights, vacuuming and cooking corned beef with potatoes, carrots and cabbage. Love that Capricorn Moon energy ;)
    Knee started aching at line dance lesson, I'm way overdue to return to the preventative exercises and other mat work.

Welcome Tina in CA, DonnaChristman2015 and graciecat7409.
    Beth how dare that insensitive lout scold you for feeling pain. Glad you reported him for the false billing. Hope he quit practicing dentistry and went into demolition of something that has no feelings, like brick walls or boulders.
    Rebecca that miso/udon soup pic made my mouth water, but where are the shiitakes?
    Lisa thanks for that confirmation. I'm seeing that combing, brushing, even dragging fingers through leaves an unattractive frizz, but my scalp crawls at the thought of not combing and brushing. Today's compromise was that AFTER brushing, I mixed water with new gel, massaged it into the hair and scrunched away. Either it worked better, or I'm getting more used to the look ;)

Still didn't scan docs today. Tomorrow after T'ai Chi and before dog group will try to finish the dog group's email list. Rain stopped and should be sunny tomorrow. Hoping it will dry the deck so I can give it its second coat Thursday.

For now too pooped to say more, but love you all!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for September: grit
    Steps-5132 so far today. vits-9 log-10 CICO-9 Tumble-7 mfp-9 AF-6

The udon soup is just a packet. I have shiitake mushroom dressing, with bits of the mushroom, but the commissary seems to be out of shiitake mushrooms at the moment!😕
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lynda: I am so sorry you’ve been though shingles at all, let alone 3 times. I hope you never have them again. I’m going to tell DH about your repeated shingles. He hates needles, but this is worth a bit of pain. Unfortunately, he tells me to leave it alone. He’s been told to take the shots by two doctors—his regular doctor and his MS doctor. :flowerforyou:

Yvonne in TX: Thank you for the information on World Suicide Prevention Day and World Mental Health Day. :heart:

Mary from MN: I love your comment on muscle v fat. You are absolutely right that muscle takes less space than an equivalent weight of fat. :star:

Rebecca: Where did you find the portion sized lasagna pans? They’re a great idea!!! :star:

Dandi: It appears that you are off to a very good start. WTG!!! In my own weight loss journey I had times when I lost weight and other times when I was on a plateau. If/when you hit a plateau keep on doing exactly what you are doing now. The weight will eventually drop. :star:

Barbara: Congratulations on your productive day. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Marianne: I’m so happy for your having kicked cancer to the curb. WTG!!! I do my food posting on my phone. There is a section called nutrition and it will tell you about your percent of carbohydrates, fat & protein. :star:

Heather: Therefore I Am is an excellent title. :bigsmile:

Allie: Congrats on 47 pounds down! WTG!!! :star:

Machka: The trees across from us on the island are still green, but fall weather patterns are evident. We have light fog this morning. Being inside the house feels cozy. I’ll enjoy hearing about your spring weather. :smiley:

Barbie: DH & I talk about wills but haven’t actually done them yet. We have mental pictures of what we want to do, but getting off of our backsides would be a great idea. :embarassed:

I am a member of two groups, one is for the city and the other is my horse riding group. Unfortunately for me, the monthly meetings for these two groups are Tuesday & Wednesday of the same week. Last night the city meeting went on for a good long while. DH was asleep when I got home. Tonight is the horse group meeting. I need to summon some energy to get there & participate.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Its just a mini loaf pan, the loaves are about the size of a huge muffin. Not sure where I picked it up. Great for quick breads like banana bread, and of course brownies!
    💖Rebecca
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    So bought green onions for today's ramen bowl! Then I bought some tomatoes, and an English cucumber. Cut up the four tomatoes, cucumber and onions up with my dressing to make a quick salad. I love veggies!
    💖Rebecca
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    JanetR I had both knees and one hip replaced. For the longest time afterwards, I was afraid of falling. A few months ago, I faceplanted and kneeplanted on concrete steps. My knees both got swollen but the replacements were fine. I was so relieved. 😥

What is the purpose of doing bone scans on titanium knees?

Glad that you had no permanent damage to replacements. He wanted to make sure the adhesive that holds
    the replacement in place is still in tact. I have not fallen so no idea really as to why the left one has slipped out of place. I do a lot of treadmill walking, recumbent bicycle and kettlebell workout. The surgeon said the best thing you can do for replacements is to exercise to keep the muscles surrounding them strong.

Janetr OKC
  • LyndaBSS
    Options
    As long as you don't run or jog. That apparently wears out the replacements before their time.
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Rhonda- Same here Rhonda I got Moms families tubular boob issues.saggy odd tubular shapes Lefty is a small C -cup y right is a giant D -cup! I got good at baggy shirts y well every baby I Few 1 cup size so started out the flat chested girl in school....
    Boy was popping girls bras came up to me kept trying then I asked what r u doing?
    He said popping ur bra....
    I said umm need boobs for 1 of those urs is bigger than mine ...I reached to his back I said huh you should get a bra no wonder you jiggle.
    Lol 😂

My kids god mom opposite issue even after breast reductions she was an X in grade school the girls were the worst y Moms! Didn’t want their boys turned on by her! She wore baggy men’s shirts wrapped them down the Moms still had poop 💩 to say! Girls at school events (camping to shower time gym) were all about proving they were fake! Well their real they pulled her out of a stall pointing y laughing then realized oh u don’t stuff. I just popped my shirt off with my curved in non existent mosquito bites lol 😂 said I don’t stuff either. Lol took some spot light off of her we shared the shame together. Women are each other’s worst enemy. Can’t blame men for that!

Amber Tx

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,563 Member
    Options
    Kkkkkkkk