WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Thank you, JanetR! You're right, my dear, I'm not a hugger, but find I can accept the ones I receive here in this group without flinching. :blush: Perhaps it's having had the surgery that lets us acknowledge that we have gaps in our ability to cope with food, so we need different reminders? I don't know anymore. This is the third time since the surgery that I've hit the 200-pound mark again, and that is genuinely what spurred me to losing 40 pounds the previous two times... I will find the ability to pull up my socks and start again.

Do love y'all,
    Thanks for listening,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    Evening my dears...
    Long day,I assisted ,but all went smoothly
    Working 10-3 tomorrow and 9-5 friday 8-1 Saturday..so this paycheck will be good.. but he needs to get another assistant in there the only reason I'm doing this is so Zina can mourn her dear FIL ..
    I need time to sit and apply for jobs ,and I will try to do that in the morning..
    Alfie went up with Lil upstairs and was enjoying himself.so I went upstairs and got him and now he is snoozing on the bed

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    NYKaren -

I know you are a fan of lentil soup. I found a neat recipe for "Easy Crockpot Curry Lentils" on theironyou.com website. Using brown lentils, tomatoes chopped/sauce, dried curry powder, a few chopped veggies and a whole can of coconut milk. High on fat and carbs, but also up there on protein and fiber so I can make it fit on moderate low carb if I behave myself the rest of the day.

I'm making it tomorrow. The photo on the website looks yummy. :p

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,581 Member
    Options
    Ppppppppp
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I use Walden 0 cal dressings tried a few till I found flavors I like.

Bbq sauce Ghughes 10calories Sugarfree

All condiments I read now for find the lowest numbers out there with good taste.

Drinking more water when hungry is helping y changing foods to the season now for my hunger levels.

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/W9zUNBVbIEk

450 now 350lbs. Comedian started intense muscle building exercise program with a trainer. Of course fast food because he travels a lot but he went from tons of burgers to limiting himself to 3 y cutting things out.Type 2 diabetes issues. Weightlifters with intense exercise routines are all about protein I’ve noticed certain foods cause their calorie intakes higher.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,363 Member
    Options
    Went to ceramics then to Publix. They had the beyond burgers on sale BOGO plus I had two $1 coupons plus $2 at Publix plus the senior discount. Also got some ground turkey to make patties.

A friend called to invite me to a concert. She has free tickets. I don't know if I care for the music, but it's free. Vince doesn't want to go, it's not his cup of tea. We were going to go to the Hickory Community Theater but I'll see if I can change the tickets to the following night. It doesn't look sold out that night.

Have a good evening, everyone

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,581 Member
    Options
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😴💤
  • Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi e.veryone,
    Sitting here watching Pioneer Woman episodes. Today I went for mini walk and then walked the complex with manager(she's on scooter because of broken ankle). Made tuna noodle casserole this afternoon for lunch and supper. Monday I am going to have to be picky as there are lots of freebies for veterans(which I am). The one safe place may be Ponderosa buffet-salad bar. This weekend my oldest grand daughter turns 9. Hard to believe it. Have been staying aware of what I eat. LOTS of lettuce.

Have a great day!
    Marianne in WV
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    Machka yummy spring veggies!
    Welcome scgirlz3, loosepudge, cestabrook.
    Lannette You're right, what we think about expands, and I've been thinking entirely to hatefully about my body. Thanks for suggesting the good health habits-things I do list.

Morning readings, evening devotion.
    Floss and brush, 8 C water, log every day
    vitamins, CI<CO, 50+ thread & AF most days
    BB&B MWF
    dog group pack walk W&S
    line dance Friday nights. (Tuesday night class is on hiatus).
    Rx weekly.
    Regular MD, chiro, massage therapist and DDS appointments.
    AND I'm adding in at least a 20 min walk with Tumble or a friend a couple of days/week.
    Yay me! :)
    Michele PigPen's dust cloud turned out just right! As for the mug, I've heard blue discourages eating/drinking as few foods in nature are blue. Is that your strategy for limiting intake from the new mug ? :)

Foggy and 48 degrees today at dog group back walk, and I forgot to wear gloves. Brrrr. Got so chilled, I had a glass of wine with my salad and cheese. Miracle of miracles, stopped at one. No more wine for me for awhile, want to savor my success.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for November: get up and do it EVERY day!
    Steps=6907 so far, vits=5.5 log=6 CI<CO=5, CI<250<CO=2 Tumble=4 mfp=6 AF=4
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    vkrenz wrote: »
    hello all.

I feel as though I'm doing great today. I am more hungry than usual so ate my lunch early and that seems to have satisfied me.

I was successful on the treadmill walking 32 minutes most of the time at 3.0 speed with incline of 1.0 Any faster and I think I'd be running. My maximum heart rate throughout is about 126 and my target based on resting HR is 122-133. The treadmill is not getting any easier to tolerate 30 minutes, I still almost hate the last 5 minutes. This could be b/c of boredom and nothing holding my interest on the TV to watch or b/c I've started to sweat and the feeling is unpleasant.

I am not sure if I should stay at this pace and length or turn up the speed or try to walk for a longer time? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for sharing,
    Vicki from Southern WI

I walk on the treadmill hating the first 5 minutes! After that I guess i start feeling better. I listen to podcasts or music while I walk. In low energy days I just choose manual, mostly I try for incline at 5 at 3.5 speed but sometimes I have to lower the speed. It ain’t all that interesting but it does improve my energy level for the rest of the day. I put a penny in a jar every time I walk whether it was intense or not. Also I am keeping track of my minutes by joining the November 24 hours of exercise challenge which is a new experience for me.

NYKAREN
  • vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thank you NY Karen for letting me know your thoughts about using the treadmill, I appreciate it. I'll try to crank it up to 3.5 and see how long I can keep up. I'm also going to start a coin jar to see how much I can get in there. Good advice
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    Options
    Machka- Snowpeas look delicious I love them but too exspensive here So it’s a treat like Steak.

Amber Tx

They seem to grow quite well here. It's our first year trying and has produced a few. :)

M in Oz