Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ☺️🤗
  • Fitdaily2021
    Fitdaily2021 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Barbiecat- I am an avid reader and agree with your thoughts and insight. Accurate history books do make you think about how ridiculously easy our lives are-
  • Fitdaily2021
    Fitdaily2021 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    wow! cityjaneLondon Absolutely loved your post- and happy to meet another mega- exerciser. It makes me feel amazing and even promotes healthier eating because the body'asks for it' .
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited November 2019
    Options
    pu27ptsxc5s4.jpeg
    z2nbbnq43lkv.jpeg
    Losepudge- yeah that doesn’t sound right. Height age y weight is what I go by plus activity level mines low tho 1200cal a day but did it based on if my Mom was alive she was super tall hers was higher calories. Use a Calorie estimator on the web see if it agrees.

Decided to save the boiled eggs for tonight with toast. Instead added butter bean w/sausage 110cal serving with the 4oz steak 🥩,corn ,y broccoli 🥦 no butters used at all or seasonings. Crystal light peach tea y water

JR- Quesadilla bean y cheese,cookies,baked Cheetos,y peanut butter crackers with water

Amber Tx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited November 2019
    Options
    4lurqsqws55f.pngj41tswijpzcx.png

Well then ! Dad never allowed me to go to a concert He just accidentally thanks to Dementia told me about the Karen Carpenter concert he attended in the 70’s! He wasn’t even a college kid he was a older married man...yet I was banned from then mhhhmmm yup. Mad now Peri taking over.
    I never went so no Daughter of mine will! Mhmmm sure pants 👖 on Fire 🔥 old man pants are on fire 🔥

Amber Tx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Barbie - thanks for mentioning Hawaii and Alaska by James A. Michener. He's one of my favorite authors and it's time I put him on the winter reading schedule. We have so much to be grateful for, too much to write down as you so wisely stated. <3

So after wallowing in my sugar blues this morning, I decided to make a list of all of the GOOD health habits I have. A therapist once mentioned to me that what we think about expands. Constantly beating myself up over sugar keeps it in the front of my brain which thinks "sugar" and neglects the "is not good for me" part, keeping sugar on my radar I'm afraid. :(

Here's my start on good health habits (things I do automatically without having to talk myself into them, lol) which I accomplish at least 5 days out of 7 every week:
    • Have 1 or 2 or more cups of coffee each day. It's health food!
    • Have 1 cup of tea, minimum.
    • Eat a cruciferous vegetable every day, and a green veggie.
    • Eat an avocado each day and some type of probiotic food - kraut, yogurt.
    • Take my vitamins, including at least 5000 IU of Vitamin D.
    • Do some kind of morning stretches when I first get up even if it's only a couple minutes of calf stretches and chair stands.
    • Walk a minimum of 4000 steps.
    • Brush my teeth.
    • Check in with this board each day.
    • Email or text a friend each. Even a sentence.
    • Read/look at something inspiring.
    • Laugh at the dogs or with DH or both. :D

Have to run into town in a few minutes to shop and attend Master Gardener meeting, but will continue. Curious to see how long I can make this list!

PS - these are habits which I know are good for me physically and mentally. (They might not be good for you or even pertain to you.) But I see each one of you post many good habits whether you realize it or not. Time to give ourselves some credit for a job well done ;)

Cheerio, supermodels! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State

Lannette love the post. I'm reading "Atomic Habits" by James Clear and my favorite quote so far is "you get what you repeat" So why not focus on the positive? your list is awesome!

Ladies, I don't know what I would do if I didn't journey along with you all everyday!

NYKAREN

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Kelli-That is actually fast weight loss. You are doing great. It’s a slow process and unfortunately much slower than we’d like.

Machka - Your veggies look great. I like having fresh food from the garden, but we have issues with the critters mowing it all down over night. We manage to have cherry tomatoes, some lettuce, and they don’t seem to like habaneros…however, I don’t like habaneros either.

Lisa in AR - Hang in there! You can do it!

Heather - I don’t buy snacks either. It’s a good strategy. I do bake once in a while and will keep some cookies or brownies or whatever it is in the freezer for “special” occasions, but the rest go out of the house one way or another. I can’t easily eat it if it isn’t there.

Tina in CA
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Did a spinning downloadable workout today. The plan for tomorrow is to do Joyce Vidral’s Cougar DVD.

Went to the neurologist—everything’s fine. Then saw the family physician for my annual physical. My blood pressure was a little high so he wants me to take it while I’m at home. I wonder how long your bp stays high after exercising? I know that your metabolism stays high for a few hours, I just don’t know about the bp. I exercised (finished about 8 am) then went to see the neurologist then went to see the family physician around 11. Wonder if my bp would still be high? I do eat fairly healthily and you know that I exercise a lot. Guess there’s nothing more I can do. Got the flu shot while I was there. My BMI is 24 sometimes low 25, so it’s not that I need to lose a whole lot of weight.

Anniesquats – when I get a sugar craving, I take a little bit of vinegar and that seems to squelch it.

Ginny OH – what I’m doing this year is making a list of things that I want (like another float for the pool) so this gives the kids something that they can give me that I know I want and can use.

Amber – hear you on the bathroom lines. I’m a big water drinker. Name the store, I can tell you where the bathroom is….lol The ONLY place I’ve found that didn’t have long line in the women’s room is at Daytona. When they remodeled the speedway, they had to have the same number of bathrooms for men as for women. And you know who primarily goes to the races!

SuziQ – all those losses! Wish I could say the same thing. But I did lose 3# at the doctor’s from last year. Not that that means much. When I walked out of the neurologist’s today and got on the elevator, there was this poster for some holiday concerts (Christmas) in November. Someone else was in the elevator with me and she agreed that it isn’t even Thanksgiving. If we were to have Thanksgiving in early October like the Canadians, I wonder if it would get lost in all the Halloween hubbub? You know, it might not be a bad idea to have Thanksgiving in August. At least then you can have it outside. But it doesn’t look like that would ever happen

Welcome everyone new

Lisa – there is a saying “if you want to make God laugh, make a plan”

Shirley – congrats! Wish I could not eat the raw cookie dough. That’s one of my downfalls, but I’m trying to limit how much I eat

Want to make a large mug to take to FL. A friend got one for me. It holds 24oz, all we have down there hold only 8 or 16. I just can’t decide if I should make the entire inside blue and a blue rim and blue handle and the cup itself a multi-color. What do you all think? Solid blue inside or not?

Heather – when I buy snacks I try to buy ones that I don’t like but that Vince does. Doesn’t always happen.

Michele in NC

agndk4myd1gj.jpg

• vkrenz
    vkrenz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    hello all.

I feel as though I'm doing great today. I am more hungry than usual so ate my lunch early and that seems to have satisfied me.

I was successful on the treadmill walking 32 minutes most of the time at 3.0 speed with incline of 1.0 Any faster and I think I'd be running. My maximum heart rate throughout is about 126 and my target based on resting HR is 122-133. The treadmill is not getting any easier to tolerate 30 minutes, I still almost hate the last 5 minutes. This could be b/c of boredom and nothing holding my interest on the TV to watch or b/c I've started to sweat and the feeling is unpleasant.

I am not sure if I should stay at this pace and length or turn up the speed or try to walk for a longer time? Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for sharing,
    Vicki from Southern WI

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Michele NC- Quick look under the stall next to you! I’m wearing Tennieshoes by Skechers! Lol yes Daughter knocked my bladder completely off for 20yrs then JR they stitched it but Doctors don’t think it stayed. Better than it was tho so can’t complain.That y IBS to Colitis I definitely seen every toilet 🚽 around me lol.

Daughter ageees we caught the old man in a lie lol 😂 no concerts n his life my foot he still describing it even to Daughter! Bet if I ask his sister I’ll get more info lol
    Oh well protective Dad what can you do lol. Who knows maybe that Christian Concert I wanted to go to was wild!!! Shock face 😂

Amber Tx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »

Lanette love the post. I'm reading "Atomic Habits" by James Clear and my favorite quote so far is "you get what you repeat" So why not focus on the positive? your list is awesome!

Ladies, I don't know what I would do if I didn't journey along with you all everyday!

NYKAREN

Karen - Funny you should mention James Clear. Thanks to you <3 or (someone on this list <3 ) I started following him on Facebook, and recently read an article by him regarding habit stacking, which I think you've mentioned before.

That inspired me to start my "good habits" list this morning.

Still working on my list. Adding things like "look both ways before crossing the street". Very elementary, but so vital to keeping healthy. Having fun.

Lanette
    Sunny (finally) SW WA State