December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Then went and got a tree. All the real trees are either tiny or very high priced this year, apparently during and immediately after the recession no one planted trees and it’s just now catching up with the market. But it’s okay, we have a small space for our tree at the moment, since my squat rack is taking up where the tree usually goes.
    @rheddmobile - You could always just decorate the squat rack 🤣

ha I thought the same!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    UTMBdreams wrote: »
    I've decided to withdraw from this challenge since I'm having so many issues accessing it on MFP. 3 out of 4 times, I get a blank page, and it takes too many tries (and too much time) to get on here. Wishing everyone the best.

Don't leave just because the MFP app is bad at viewing the Community.
    I never use MFP to access this thread. Just use your browser. The link is here

It is much easier to navigate than the MFP app.

This. I NEVER use the app for the forums. Lost too many long winded posts pressing the wrong button. Browser all the way. So much easier.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Dilemma. Do I run or have a rest. Lol.

Problem with challenges, easy to go over the top.

I've run 3 days this week. Part of me wants to @AlphaHowls and keep going. Part of me thinks I should be sensible and take a rest. I WANT to do a few km.

Ive got to drop the kids at school, then have an eye exam. I'll dress for a run and see what the weather is doing. So far it seems really nice, and a run along the foreshore sounds wonderful. But it may be horrible and windy so I'll walk.

I love summer!

Compromise - a short run or a slow one!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Dilemma. Do I run or have a rest. Lol.

Problem with challenges, easy to go over the top.

I've run 3 days this week. Part of me wants to @AlphaHowls and keep going. Part of me thinks I should be sensible and take a rest. I WANT to do a few km.

Ive got to drop the kids at school, then have an eye exam. I'll dress for a run and see what the weather is doing. So far it seems really nice, and a run along the foreshore sounds wonderful. But it may be horrible and windy so I'll walk.

I love summer!

A woman at my work has been streaking for over a year (forget how long she said), but on "rest" days she only runs 1 mile easy. So you could do something like that.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Dec. 1st - 12.4 miles
    Today. - 3.5 miles

Off to a good start...failed the past two months but 3rd time/try is a charm! I hope...

If not, then maybe the forth. It took me a long time to get into the habit too. Make sure you set REALISTIC goals and targets for your body and lifestyle.

For me getting a subscription to Audible and only listening to audiobooks while I am running helps. If I want to know what happens next, I have to get out and run. So the book became the carrot that got me out the door. Over time the habit holds, but different people need different carrots to get there.

Find your carrot and use it. :)

Hhhhmmmm, thank you, I will probably take your advice!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i'm considering streaking. like brushing my teeth. something that is done every day. so it becomes more of a habit. i'll stay with my plan but if i need more of a habit, an easy mile on my "rest days"
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @Faebert wishing you all the best for your surgery and rapid recovery!!
    Ditto!

@rheddmobile I wish I could go back and tell my younger self stuff too. But I guess that's all part of growing up. As for ice skating, good luck. I no longer do those types of things since I fell roller skating back in 1994 and fractured my elbow. It took 8 months before I could straighten my arm out again, so I gave up things where I am likely to fall.

@PastorVincent I hope you didn't hurt your foot too badly. It looks like you were having a good run.

I hit a huge deer (6 or 8 point buck) on my way to work this morning. It appeared out of nowhere and I was hitting it before I really registered what it was. It limped off, but I fear it was hurt pretty badly. My car remained driveable, so I drove on to work before reporting it to the authorities and my insurance company. The insurance was great. The adjuster called about an hour later and I took the car to a shop to get an estimate during my lunch break. (Almost $3200 damage!) Fortunately, I decided to get comprehensive coverage last Jan, so I won't have any out of pocket expenses and I can use my dad's car while the repairs are done. Hopefully, it will get repaired within the next couple of weeks. I'm blessed.

I'm sorry this happened. I hope the deer heals and I'm glad you are okay. I'm also glad the insurance company was on it, always nice to get quick resolve.