December 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• RunningIntoShape
    RunningIntoShape Posts: 19 Member
    Good work @kgirlhart
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I'm in central Texas where it's been in the 70's all week. Today is beautiful. Sun is shining and there's a nice breeze so as soon as my little guy wakes from his nap, it's up and in the stroller and a running we shall go...

This needs a "jealous" reaction :smiley:

I'll second that!!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    garygse wrote: »
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Happy Birthday @Scott6255 and @shanaber!

Today's run puts me at 1193 miles so far for the year which is 1919.947 kilometers, so I have officially run the year.
    Congrats on running the year and all, but you do know it's 2019, right? :wink:

Dammit! ☺I was not paying attention there was I? I guess those Aggie jokes are right. Oh well, I still ran more than last year so I guess that is something.

Hey, that's more than just something...it's awesome!

Thanks!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Happy Birthday @Scott6255 and @shanaber!

Today's run puts me at 1193 miles so far for the year which is 1919.947 kilometers, so I have officially run the year.
    Congrats on running the year and all, but you do know it's 2019, right? :wink:

Dammit! ☺I was not paying attention there was I? I guess those Aggie jokes are right. Oh well, I still ran more than last year so I guess that is something.

Hey, that's more than just something...it's awesome!

It really is!
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    1205-5.8k total-33.8k goal-120k

40 minute tempo run late last night. Work kicked my *kitten* yesterday, and it took me forever to get out the door, even though I knew for a fact I'd feel better post run. Funny things our brains are.

Anyway I think I might've gotten too excited, and the ten minute part that was supposed to be 10k pace ended up being more than 5k pace. Feeling rather sore this morning. I'll call that a good workout.

@PastorVincent I didn't know the app could do that for a long time either. Had no idea what people were talking about when they complained about how they just wrote a very long post just to hit "done". :/

Happy Birthday @shanaber and @scott6255!

@durhammfp Taking walk breaks during long runs is a totally normal and viable thing to do if it helps. Think of it this way - most people are obliged to wait at traffic lights or crossings anyway.