• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    It's the start of a new week, ladies! <3

Kim - wow, that embroidery is gorgeous. <3 Love those colors. No wonder you get orders stacked up. And so glad your electrician friend got the wiring fixed. Let there be light, lol. I love moving furniture around, DH doesn't like it, so things have stayed the same here for a long time. It always gave me a lift to see the same things from different angles.

Barbie - a few days ago, you mentioned someone who complained about her vacation. I had to smile - the way I was raised, a person wasn't supposed to "brag" (say something is great) because, I assumed, it might make the other person feel bad, so it was proper to interject something negative about it. But looking back, I think you were spot on.... it was often that negativity habit rearing its ugly head.

Lisa - loved those before and after photos. The one of you and Corey are a treasure. Crossing fingers that million $$ grant comes together!!

Beth - How are you doing with the hearing aids? I walked with my little neighbor a couple days ago, and asked her to switch sides because she was talking into my "bad ear" and I rarely wear my hearing aid. She's a nurse and reminded me that if I don't wear it, the nerve damage there can become worse. So I popped it in after our walk and it was much more comfortable and it seemed to do a better job than when I got it a few years ago.

Machka - your Christmas lights are beautiful. Aren't solar lights a great idea? We live on a 1/4 mile dead-end street, but the three neighbors across the street from us have marvelous displays. And I certainly appreciate them! Interesting about your sinuses! Hope the surgery goes well, if scheduled, and solves the problem. :)

Cheri
    - that snowman collection is a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

Barbara AHMOD
    - you are WAY ahead of me on the seed starting. And a good reminder that in a few weeks I need to think about getting some seeds popped into dirt on the heat mat. I still haven't potted up any of the crocosmia bulbs I dug out a month ago... had good intentions then we were hit with the cold snap.

Make it a super day, ladies! <3

Lanette
    Chilly & damp SW WA State
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Finally everything from EBay to Walmart.com is here! Still waiting on cards to packages from relatives they forget Navy leave isn’t that long I have no way to send it...Daughter no longer trusts post offices after the whole bully on base one.

Amber Tx

https://www.self.com/gallery/7-low-calorie-holiday-side-dishes-you-can-make-with-5-ingredients-or-less

Found some recipes I want to try. Let’s hope their good as I think.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Barbie- I turn my lights on for about a while each morning, to greet my little ones who arrive before the sun comes up. I also turn them on at dusk (about 4:30 around here) so that they can see them when they are leaving. My house is one of the only homes that is decorated on my road. Most of the folks that live on my road are retired and my guess is putting lights up outside is not a priority for them. As I get older, I understand completely where they are coming from.
    :)Kelly, many thanks to you for turning your lights on in the morning even though I'm not in your neighborhood to see them. We have many reasons for not putting up lights but I love seeing the ones on other homes. Our neighborhood is 55+ but I don't think age is necessarily a factor in who puts up lights.

:)Kim, Your embroidery is beautiful

:)Cheri, I love your snowmen

<3 Barbie in dark NW WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,066 Member
    Options
    I had surgery for a deviated septum and turbinate reduction. My breathing was much improved. I still remember how different it felt to have cold air moving through my right side. Good luck with yours!
    Annie in Delaware
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Luci in WNC - Here is a recipe for sugar free pumpkin pie, its yummy. You can put it in a crust or not, your choice

https://www.bariatriceating.com/pumpkin-pie.html

Janer OKC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Janet- Well learn something every day didn’t know there was Sugarfree whip cream!

Amber Tx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Janet- Well learn something every day didn’t know there was Sugarfree whip cream!

Amber Tx

You can make almost everything sugar free now days, the thing to keep in mind is that they are NOT low calorie lol

Janetr OKC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Carolpa1- I’m still learning the site.

Janet- sounds like those Keto cereal read the calories thought well 1 bowl takes more than half my calories lol

Amber Tx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    🎄🎵🎶🎀⚓👍
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    👋
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Chasing soccer ball with JR still planning for Daughter visit. Has to be options for us all that’s hard finding things for everyone. Too much to consider. Still looking into menus to prices to healthy options. Should we do stuff before Daughter arrives or not? Lots to consider. We were wanting to see the Riverwalk tree loot to go to other events in the Hill country in all towns so lots to consider. Trying to have game plans too in case issues come up.Not easy task planning always falls on Us Women! Dad has to be included so got to keep in mind his dementia those days so we decided Luby’s but searching for least busy (hoping that doesn’t mean poor tasting food at that one which can explain not being busy!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ah la la, was good w food and then not! too much sweet to top off the day. pfft!