stats for the day:

no gym workout, went to work early, more $$

bike ride hm 2 dome- 11.08min, 141mhr, 14.9amph, 2.76mi= 119c
    apple watch- 93c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.10min, 12amph, 152mhr, 3.04mi= 179c
    apple watch- 104c
    walk sta 2 wrk w/backpack- 9.01min, 109mhr, 16.20min mi, .55mi= 33c
    apple watch- 50c
    walk/slow jog wrk 2 sta, w/pannier- 6.40min, 13.46min mi, 136mhr, .48mi= 65c
    apple watch- 56c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 14.30min, 10.5amph, 148mhr, 2.52mi= 219c
    apple watch- 115c

total cal 622
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Machka 🥳 congrats!!!!!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Oh Machka how wonderful!💖
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Took the extremepump class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD for the bosu.

After exercise stopped at the Salvation Army then Aldi to do some shopping. Home to go to the bowling Christmas party. I was fairly good – only had cheese, fruit, and some of the shrimp orzo salad I brought. Only water to drink. Did buy some sugar cookie mix at Aldi, think I’ll make some for Christmas. That’ll be three different types of cookies. I’ll put the reminder in the freezer and maybe around March take them to ceramics. They’ll never know that they were Christmas cookies.

M – wouldn’t surprise me one bit if when you can start breathing, you’ll lose even more weight. They do say that sleep apnea leads to weight gain (or making it hard to lose). Congrats on your son moving closer to you

Barbara – regarding burning mouth – we were putting up decorations and I came in the house to heat up water for tea. Stupid me took a mouthful because I was thirsty. And it was HOT. I’d forgotten to put some ice cubes in it before I drank it! But the silver lining was that I didn’t want to “sample” things that I was making for Christmas/Christmas Eve.

Had a bit of a crying episode last night thinking about the fact that I won’t get to see PJ for the holidays. But for now I’m over it. At least I’ll see Jess. I remember when PJ was born Vince said to me “the only way we’ll ever see him is if we go up there”. Guess he was right (about this)

Having my breakfast of steel cut oats with Greek yogurt and grapes. Not bad at all

KJ – when we first moved to this neighborhood, not one person decorated. Now, a fair amount of people do. It’s just interesting.

Kim – awesome tree skirt

(((((HUGS for Karen VA)))) Do you think the grandkids will become foster failures?

Carol – Hi, where in PA are you?

Barbie – it’s a good thing you had an extra leash!

Michele in NC
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Michele- Big hugs 🤗 . Hopefully as he gets older they’ll travel more! Let’s hope anyways.

Tired but JR isn’t wish me luck guys. Got to get him to sleep he knows sisters coming so he’s being a bugger butt!

Amber Tx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim, I hope you have a great time with your friend and some of her friends. ❤️🎄❤️🎄
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    "Todo"s and "done"s
    Did: transplanted lettuces, mustards and a tiny brussels sprout plant, (man was it cold and damp!) ground the almonds, updated firehall harassment policy with input from expert, emailed to board president, called cousin and chatted. Tomorrow will wrap goodies for a friend, meet another friend for coffee, pick up packages from post office, return dvd to library, finish the tree, prep veggies, walk/comb Tumble, make crescent and gluten free batters.
    Luci you are so kind, but alas, I've learned that just because I love doing something, doesn't mean I'm any good at it... take singing for instance ;) A big difference between having taught your leg muscles to move a certain way to certain music and having a real sense of rhythm and style. BTW it's Barbie who teaches line dancing. Confusing, I know, to have two line dancing Barbaras, but there it is.
    Karen in VA grr for a system requiring such setback for your grandson. ((Hugs)) to both gs and gd fostering those kittens.
    Lanette had to laugh at myself, put a few seeds in potting mix last month? Stuck 'em in the little plastic greenhouse where they sprouted, but just barely. It's so cold, they grew so slowly, most still have their seed leaves and only one or two true leaves. But I saw a friend who had “volunteer” lettuces that reseeded themselves from earlier crops and I got jealous, so I pushed mine into the giant pots in the sheltered sunniest corner of the yard. Hers are much farther along than mine were. Yes “were.” Shadow Puppy got interested and when my back was turned, investigated the transplants. Oh well.
    Welcome Pac!
    Heather ditto your “Go tigers” Beth, Karen, Annie, Amber and Kay! Grr!
    Rori Thanks! Will try those muffins to curb my after meal cookie overindulgence. The spiced pecan recipe is incredibly easy, takes way longer to read than to do.
    Got from this link, https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/3-ingredient-sweet-potato-casserole-with-maple-pecans but didn't want the pureed casserole so dotted these on top of roasted sweet potato chunks. First dish to empty at the potluck ;)

Spicy Maple Pecans
    Ingredients
    ¾ tsp kosher salt
    1/2 cups pure maple syrup
    2 cups pecan halves (about 7 ounces)
    1 tsp freshly ground black pepper – this is a little too much, cut back to ¾ tsp
    added 1 tsp mace
    ½ tsp cinnamon,
    ½ tsp ginger
    ¼ tsp allspice
    1/8 tsp ground cloves
    barest pinch cayenne
    Preparation
    1. Heat 1/2 cup syrup in a large skillet over medium-high. Add pecans, salt, spices and cook, stirring constantly, until syrup has evaporated and pecans are glazed, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a parchment paper (NOT waxed paper) -lined rimmed baking sheet and let cool.
    2. If they're too soft and goopy, pre-heat oven to 425. Bake in metal pan until syrup bubbles. Pour off onto parchment paper. When cool, test for crispness and goopiness. Repeat as needed until nuts are crisp, then pour onto wire rack so any remaining goey glaze drips off.
    3. Candied pecans can be made 2 days ahead; store in an airtight container at room temperature. If they last that long ;)
    Machka hope that great news about your son and his fiance moving back won't put a damper on your restorative getaway... ;)
    Kim how I envy you your N. Calif sourdough.

Well, the cheese dip was not such a great hit at the firehall potluck... too runny. Quite a bit left over, was going to freeze and use for soup base, but now think I'll just whomp up some mac'n'cheese with it. Haven't cooked for Joe in quite awhile, he'd probably welcome it.

Funny how I can get so much more done when I “have” to be somewhere, like BB&B or dog group. Had all day today to accomplish stuff, watched a DVD from the library and napped instead. ;)
    Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD! Word for December: get up and go outside EVERY day!
    daily: steps=2964:( vits=13.5 log=16 CI<CO=12 CI<250<CO=3 Tumble 5/10=8 mfp=16 AF=11 outside=8
    wkly: BBBorTC x2=5, rx=2 dance=2 pack walk=1.2
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= dog group email lilst= sew= play=
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Carolpa1- I’m still learning the site.

Janet- sounds like those Keto cereal read the calories thought well 1 bowl takes more than half my calories lol

Amber Tx

Think you mixed me up with someone else, I don't do Keto nor do I eat any kind of cereal. Sorry :) Maybe Lanette or ?

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    Kim - I ditto Rori. I want to wear the skirt! What a great Christmas outfit that would be! <3
    I've been wearing red this weekend with red tassel earrings. Getting in the mood. :) For actual Christmas Day I have bought some red, flashing earrings. B)

I've been thinking about Skill. It occurred to me that we often do not appreciate the skills we do have because they come 'naturally ' to us. Everyone was very impressed at my juggling the other day, but I hadn't even thought about until then, because I took it for granted. I think the skill I am most grateful for is that I can read really quickly and digest the contents of a document, or article. I have finished while most people are still reading the first paragraph. DH is the same.
    I wouldn't think that remarkable, as it's only when I am around others who struggle that I realise it is a skill. I am hugely grateful for it as it makes life so much easier!
    This is related to my ability to read a menu in a restaurant really quickly. I'm often astonished at how long it takes people to absorb the options and make a decision. I have to sit on my impatience. :#
    DH's sister has a lot of trouble with reading and sifting information. It's a kind of dyspraxia. She can write a good paragraph and read very slowly (she has an MA) but everything to do with print and organizing her thoughts takes her ages. It makes any kind of information gathering a real chore.
    So, I am very, very grateful for that skill that I often take for granted. :p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,941 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka hope that great news about your son and his fiance moving back won't put a damper on your restorative getaway... ;)
    Barbara

No ... we won't get together until maybe sometime in January. :) They've got to unpack and get settled.

M in Oz

• cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Definitely not going to a restaurant with you, Machka! :laugh: <3

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Sharon - You look amazing! :D And I really want that dress. B)
    Well done! <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Definitely not going to a restaurant with you, Machka! :laugh: <3

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

This was the last place I went out to eat ... a couple weeks ago with some ladies from work ...
    https://www.botanicabar.com.au/food/

What would you choose?!? :grin:

That's what a lot of the menus around here are like. :grin:

Fortunately, the menu is short, and I was lucky with my choice this time!! :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Machka I'm so happy for you! Nice to have family nearby.

Karen in Virginia

I'm hoping it will be nice to get to know him and his fiance ... I've met them both once before, a year ago. :)

We've got a few family members around. I think that's partly why he's back.

I should probably explain :grin: ...

I am my husband's second wife. My husband's first wife and daughter (and her husband and kids) are here in Tasmania ... and soon his son & fiance will be here too. At the moment, his son & fiance are happy to make contact with us. :) The rest aren't. :neutral:

My husband's sister is also in Tasmania and we see her now and then.

M in Oz
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,225 Member
    Options
    Up to Page 42. Back later.