April 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 You are so good to take treats to your friend. I think the car parking is really funny.

Looks like a nice place for a shortish run @rheddmobile . Way to get your running done!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Thanks @quilteryoyo she isn’t complaining so I guess she’s good.
    @rheddmobile and @quilteryoyo It’s been storming on and off all day, thundering as I type but it appears the worst is going to go South of us. Prayers for the folks of Monroe, LA and Mississippi.
    @Avidkeo don’t worry about one slip up with the chocolate, sometimes we need to just say give me this indulgence for 5 minutes and I’ll get back on it. I do the same when I have one of those days, I maybe cut back 100 calories off each day for the next week and it averages out

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I talked dh into a walk today. It was a nice walk, then started to rain a bit but was light. Then it wasn’t light. Then there was lightening. So I figured it was a good time to try to run back, we were more than 2 miles from the truck. Normally 2 miles is an hours walk for me, so you can see how “running” was a viable solution. If I was lucky, we’d make it back in maybe 30-40 minutes.

I haven’t been running. Walking is still a chore. I ran back off and on, dh chiming in “you better stop, you’re gonna hurt yourself”, miles and minutes seemingly tick by and I’m doing okay after working the kinks out, shoulder isn’t to bad, knee shuts up, I figure out my new gait, I’m a rock star. So I’m thinking, “I might add up the time I ran, I bet it’s a least a mile”. 2+3+2... huh, that can’t be right... i ran least a mile... 7 minutes? Well, I ran almost a half mile. Ok maybe a third of a mile. My legs feel like I ran 10. I’m enjoying it.

Just happy to hear you are running whatever the distance!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    4-1 7k easy
    4-2 7k easy
    4-3 8k slow
    4-4 7k moderate
    4-5 7k moderate
    4-6 7k easy
    4-7 rest
    4-8 7k moderate
    4-9 7k easy
    4-10 7k easy
    4-11 7k easy
    4-12 7k moderate
    4-13 7k easy

April Total: 85k
    April Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k

2020 Total through March: 509k

Mid 50s F this morning, with a little rain that varied from light to moderate - not nearly bad *kitten* worthy. But the rain and wind are both supposed to be heavy later, so I'm glad I got it done early.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020K in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

5-23 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson OH
    6-20 Freedom Run 5k, Aurora, OH
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I am so sleepy this morning! We had storms last night, and I only ended up sleeping about 1.5 hours. We had to cram into our half bath downstairs for awhile, but fortunately, it doesn’t appear we had any damage at our house. A few stores near me though were damaged badly, and I know there was one big tornado in a nearby town, but no one has been able to really analyze the damage yet since it is still dark. Hopefully, the roads to work aren’t blocked this morning. I doubt I will feel like any exercise tonight.

Glad you are safe. We're under a wind advisory until 5:00 this evening and have some flooded roads.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary I need some of that to help with my recovery! Looks delicious! Glad your legs weren't horrible after the skipping! I wouldn't have been able to walk. Way to hang in there and get your run completed!

@Elise4270 Yeah on being able to run!

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    So much snow yesterday! I didn't mind it so much during my run (except for a couple stretches where the icy snow was beating hard against my face and I justified it as some free microdermabrasion), but it froze overnight so this mornings short run was very precarious. The sun is out now and I'm hoping it will all melt for a smoother run tomorrow.

4/1: 7.75m
    4/2: 4m
    4/3: 2.5m
    4/4: 7.25m
    4/5: 13.5m
    4/6: 1.25m
    4/8: 7m
    4/9: 4m
    4/10: 3.75m
    4/11: 7.5m
    4/12: 15.25m
    4/13: 1.5m