Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,970 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,117 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I walked again today, third time and it was less painful. Thanks for the encouragement! The plan is dumbbells Tuesday Thursday and Saturday, then walking Monday Wednesday and Friday. So far so good.

Longmire is excellent, enjoy it!

Annie in Delaware where it is cloudy and cool. Lockdown is until June first.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,730 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Accountability post:
    Self-assigned Rewirements for the last 4 weeks of my Happiness Course (Yale The Science of Well-Being: I changed my Rewirements because I found that OMAD was not a good rewirement for me! I was relieved when I decided to change my rewirements to:

Weighing, measuring, and logging my food each day.

Wearing my Apple Watch each day.

Continuing to report on this thread at least twice a week how I am doing with those rewirements.

I just changed the Rewirements a couple of days ago, so I am happy to say I am compliant with both for the time being.

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    kj Wow that is amazing baking! so joyful.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    Amber congratulations!!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,098 Member
    Options
    I got strawberries in and planters on the wall. One will have alyssum and geranium in it and marigolds in the other. These are all from seeds or cutting so if they get tipped I didn't lose any money on the plants. I started tons of marigolds when started my veggies. It made me feel much safer to have the pots on the wall. Dog was in their house when I as there.

Because of COVID I am going to more expensive nurseries no Home Depot this year so I am glad I started so many plants this year.

Cloudy and very windy today!
  • bananasandoranges
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I pretracked more or less today. I actually chaged as day went on but the pre tracking was reassuring. I've been eating quite a bit of frozen veggies and otherwise mostly cooked. had some fresh big crunchy red radishes and some yellow peppers. fresh fruit and veggies is really better than frozen, even when cooked.
    had enough left over for a glass of wine.

I bought a half bottle this time, and drank 100 ml. Even with the wine pump I didn't come close to drinking the last bottle opened maybe 6 weeks ago. I got a fever and then the idea of alcohol was unappealing for about a month.

Happy to have fresh eggs, a variety of types of tofu, and a few sorts of fruits and veggies, and fresh bread (soy-rice-chestnut; relatively high in fat and protein on low in carbs for bread) (frozen though, cause I can't get through it in time).

I bought butter for the 1st time in AGES. I can rarely get through a stick in time. this time I'm going to try freezing in pats and then unfreezing tiny bit by tiny bit.

I went to one of the extremely rare unclosed (no fence) parks today. there Is a wooden lounge chair and I lay in it. it was amazing after 2 months of confinement. I felt like I was on vacation on a cruise. the contrast was radical. of course I wear a mask and wash and sanitise all the time.

Bought a couple of fuchsia geraniums for the balcony to replace some suffering tiny pines that didn't do well at all this spring. sprucing up the balcony with a few geraniums is an easily achievable task.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,117 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss Amber! Excellent job!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,541 Member
    Options
    Jaxsgma (Marybeth). It didn't last long, my shorts and tank top is back in my dresser, and I have jeans and a long sleeved shirt, and socks on! I'm already on season 5 so I am almost done. My husband says thank goodness! I will check out Heartland.
    I'm pretty lazy when it comes to tuna, and or any fish type meal. I always buy the white albacore tuna (single serving) 3 can packs. I just add mayo, and sweet relish. When I buy salmon, its in frozen single serving two packs. The brand is called C.Worthy. There's a buttered herb salmon that's yummy. Even has salmon skin still on it, and a blob of butter. 30 min frozen or 15 min thawed. It flakes nicely for fish tacos.👍

Yep bean soup was lovely. Used 3 80 cents each cans of pinto beans, so an inexpensive meal. I am not sure how much the mega ham hocks were though.
    Have a great day y'all.💖
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,541 Member
    Options
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD, that whole valley blown over, its now a beautiful place with much new growth than ever before! Nature's prime example of self repair.👍
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbara: I wish our kids and grandchildren were coming here, too. It isn’t happening this year. They want me to visit them, but I won’t leave DH behind and he refuses to go. No win is possible at this point. :ohwell:

On another subject: The loss of the county fair 4H competition is a big one. The kids often sell their calf, pig, rabbit or other animal for money that goes into their college accounts. It is too bad for the kids this year: No fair, no competition, and no college money from the sale of the 4H livestock. :ohwell: Maybe someone will have a brilliant idea that allows the 4H kids to earn some money for their future college accounts.

Happy News! Our bush beans have sprouted up and each of them has two leaves to their credit. YAY! I look forward to purple pod beans.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :) Zucchini is planted and watered. The day is sunny. Jake and I sat on the patio for awhile--him in the sun and me in the shade of the umbrella.

:) My friend went to Costco and bought a case of dog food for me so now we are good for about six weeks. Shoppers are limited to one case so it allows me to feel safe and not have to go back to Costco until some time in June.

:)Rebecca, thanks for the pictures. I had been wondering if your son was using this time for Lego projects. That one is quite impressive and have been his others.

:) The Lavender Festival and the Irrigation Festival here have been cancelled.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,894 Member
    Options
    Hello all: I spent a long time spraying the front pasture today. It was cool when I started but got quite warm before I was done.

Barbie - Oh no, no lavender ice cream this year?

Lanette - We use a cat harness on my DDIL's shitzu when he is here. He can get out of the harness they have for him and I am afraid he will take off. The cat harness is secure. We also used it on Nessa when she first came to us as a puppy.

KJ - That bread is gorgeous and I bet it is yummy.

Tonya - I have a problem with skinfold rashes in the summer when it is hot. I like Karen's idea of the powder. I might try that myself.

Welcome to all the newbies.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,416 Member
    Options
    Page 58
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did a Kathy Smith step DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Low Impact Cardio Leg DVD.

Amber – you’re doing so well

Kim CA – (((HUG)))

Bananas – yes, I’m surprised that the Y is opening, too. From what I’ve seen on facebook, it looks like all group exercise classes are cancelled and you need to make a “reservation”. This is in FL. I do have to say, that Y is fairly clean. If I were living there, I would just not go for a while to see if there are any “blips” and they be worked out. I REALLY can’t wait for a vaccine so we can go back to normalcy

KJ – you made my mouth water. So pretty!

Tonya – lovely pics

Took Clyde to the vet for routine checkup. Still where you sit in your car, call them, they take the pet into the office, call you for a credit card number, then they bring the pet back to you. In one way, that would be a way to get rid of a pet you no longer wanted. Just go there and when they take the pet into the office, just drive away.

Jaxsgma – yes, it IS funny to see the outfits. Another thing…it seems that she also did A LOT of reps of something. Yes, they also did bouncing when stretching, but you can easily not bounce. She didn’t seem to do a lot of fancy things, but a lot of what she did do. It was interesting.

Anne DE – is DE doing anything about the people wanting to go down the Jersey shore? I remember when we were up there, that seemed to be a big place to go for a lot of people

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,730 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

gave my legs a break

Bike ride home 2 dome, w/hvy bkpack- 11.22min, 135mhr, 13.6amph, 2.58mi= 58c
    Apple Watch- 76c
    Bike ride puy 2 sumn sta, w/hvy bkpack- 16.52min, 12.9amph, 151mhr, 3.61mi= 157c
    apple watch- 132c
    walk sta 2 wrk, w/hvy bkpack- 8.15min, 117mhr, 4.1ap, .51mi= 50c
    apple watch- 53c
    walk wrk 2 sta- 7.19min, 113mhr, .50mi= 28c
    apple watch- 48c
    bike ride sumo station 2 home- 1hr, 5min 42sec, windy- 11.7amph, 155mhr, 12.81mi= 598c
    apple watch- 525c

total cal 911
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :)Slue in WA, There might be lavender ice cream available but I'm not sure when I'll venture out for anything other than the grocery store even in August. The absence of the Lavender Festival will be a big financial hit for the community but the crowds of people coming from elsewhere is something I'm glad won't be won't have to address.

:)Michele, I wouldn't go to a gym anytime soon even if I could. I'm not sure when I'll feel comfortable going to line dance classes even when the venue opens again.

:)Beth, I understand your concern about shopping after being home for so long. Our stores here are reasonably well stocked. The biggest problem I've had is that the canned dog food I get for my dogs is limited to one case at a time. I am so grateful for my friends who have bought dog food for me when they go to Costco so I don't have to go again for many weeks.

<3 Barbie in NW WA