WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• BeUncommon
    BeUncommon Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Barbie > Thank you hun, I will look for it :) Now go and get that zucchini planted :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    Kim - I'm not surprised you are in tears. Sometimes you run away from something, management, and it creeps up behind you and taps you on the shoulder and says, "Hello! Remember me! I'm still here!" You obviously have a natural gift for it. Embrace it. And charge for it. My favourite quote is
    WHO ARE YOU PRETENDING NOT TO BE?
    Love to you, talented friend. <3

Went to the supermarket. No queue! Lots of room. Forgot to buy cold meat but we've got cheese for tomorrow.

Salmon tonight, Chinese style, with ginger, scallions and garlic and pak choi. Noodles for DH.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Jaxsgma
    Jaxsgma Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies - A beautiful Monday here in Cincinnati, Ohio. Not much sun, but it is the 70's and I'm sitting out on my deck drinking my tea and hoping to see some wildlife run across my yard (have a lot of deer and wild turkey).

I'm still trying to put the names with screen names, so please be patient with me :)

exermom :) - I know what you mean about the old jane fonda workout tapes, I still have my moms Richard Simmons dvd's . It is funny to see the outfits that we wore back then, I guess those were the 70's? It is still a good workout.

Jacque (CoffeeandHumblepie) :) - Welcome......, Everyone on here is really nice. Hope you enjoy being with us. Enjoy your weight loss journey, and if you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Tonya (BeUncommon) :) - great pictures of you and your daughter!

Machka9 - Love your post on Rearranging your book shelf.. I can relate...Been doing a lot of rearranging and cleaning since this lock down, running out of things to clean... :D

You ladies all enjoy your day and keep up your weight loss journey's
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    orynfk8a6goc.jpeg
    tabvw3tj6bj7.jpeg
    56 lbs lost lowest yet woohoo 🎉!!!
    Current weight 139lbs (63kg)
    Goal weight for my height (Driver License I asked permission they put 5’4 ..Doctors too lol if you round up it is lol I’m actually 5’3.5 or 3.6 .Daughter 5’2 on the dot for most scales measurement bars but some measurements show her at 5’1.so much so they round up to 5’2 then. So the goal weight is 130 If I got lower okay if not don’t care I feel my best at 130lbs. So 9 lbs (4kg) to go to my goal weight.

Amber Tx

Healthy 🍽 eating y exercising today like usual. Chocolate strawberries planned today again (Godiva dark choc1 square melted 1 minute)
  • Jaxsgma
    Options
    Amber - great going on the 56 lbs. loss/ Keep up the great work!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Machka: Love the beautiful dolphin video. :bigsmile:

KJ: Your focaccia is beautiful! Food art at its very best! :star:

Lanette: I don’t remember wearing the sort of masks we have now, during and after the Mount St Helens ash fall, but I do remember the ash filling the gutters of our house. We used painting masks when we dug the ash out of the gutters with gardening trowels. That stuff was HEAVY! I remember scooping it out of the gutters and dumping it on the ground so that the gutters wouldn’t pull off of the eaves and fall to the ground. Then we put bark dust over the ash in the flowerbeds after cleaning out the gutters. Exciting times! Mt St Helens had a peak similar to all the other Cascade Mountains until the day of the eruption. Now it has the shape of an enormous snow-cone.

DH’s uncle passed away during the eruption. DH drove across the state with our son few days later to go to the funeral. The pickup truck they drove's radiator got clogged with ash and they had to stop on the way to clear the radiator enough to continue.

The gift shop at Multnomah Falls had beautiful blue glass balls available for sale after the eruption. The ash itself created the blue color.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • BeUncommon
    Options
    Heather > Have not been to the supermarket lately. We have just been ordering from Iceland. Do you know if it is still just one person allowed in the store at one time? It might be nice to just have a wander around the supermarket.

Jaxsgma > Thank you very much :) Photography is my passion and can't wait until I feel better to get back into taking some pictures.. It has been awhile not counting the one session I had while I was in Canada last summer :)

Amber > you should be so proud of yourself :) you are doing fantastic!! (((hugs)))

Tonya UK xx

Randie with both of her Grandma's x

3bqezz0cij8k.jpg
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Tonya Micro-Guard Powder Antifungal for the skin folds…

Heather I hope the cheese you bought was Stinky Runny Short-Shelf-Life French Cheese. The French are relying on you. :D

Kelly Your beautiful focaccia reminds me of a sand mandala - the more beautiful for being perishable…to be eaten and then "destroyed" (yum yum).

Kim Wondering if you slept last night. This morning when I woke up I was thinking of you, & it occurred to me that we are sometimes called to do things we did not choose and do not relish. I hope this group can be of help as you tackle this.

I'm off to work upstairs in my lovely office. It's raining gently this morning, giving our new plants a nice drink. I have already been out for a walk this morning with one of the dogs - emulating Barbie - and realized as I was walking that I am once again firmly committed to logging every bite. My new HealthyWage challenge and my Rewirements (Happiness Course) have me excited about achieving my optimal health goals again. I've been down for a long time. Will make my accountability post a little later here.

Karen in Virginia

>>>
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Brunch spinach mixed greens (15cal for 2 cups),the tuna salad with mayo grapes apple y sweet relish in it,potatoe 110cal with pepper y 1 tab margarine 🧈 70cal
    5ecvb8xknc4t.jpeg
    Amber Tx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,812 Member
    Options
    Kim - I hope that this change in roles will give you some financial security. I have no doubt you’ll be successful. I have never seen anyone more resourceful and determined than you.

Kelly - I thought that bread was a piece of art. Beautiful

Tracey in Edmonton

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Funny workout Fake commercial https://youtu.be/S7voPx_U5EM

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :)Amber, congrats on your weight loss. You have not let any of the challenges in your life deter you from you from your chosen path.

:) 9600 steps walked with dogs, next is a shower, then planting zucchini :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    I am planting strawberries at sons today. The plant place I bought them from said to cover them with the black flat containers you get when you buy a flat. They get their water but it prevents the rabbits from getting the leaves. I have my garden and son's to work on so I have plenty to keep my busy. This is the first year at son's where I am trying the veggies. I will let you know how it goes. My starts are doing well and I hope to get them into the ground this week.

It will be healthier and help the budget because I love fresh produce and it is pricey in the store and farmer's market. Plus it will be nice to have fresh picked ripe tomatoes. Simple pleasure!
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,968 Member
    Options
    Supposed to get to 101 today. Good day to stay in and play with my sewing machine. Picked some Swiss chard for lunch and have to move my oregano as it’s being overtaken by the zucchini!

RV Rita
  • BeUncommon
    Options
    Karen > Thank you hun, looked it up on ebay and was very expensive because it is imported from the states but found a similar option on Amazon so will try it out :) Thanks x

Amber > That looks yummy!

Barbie
    > Way to go on your step count!!

Love Tonya xx

such a serious face... lol She does that alot :)
    ey2lgr19lr5z.jpg
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    No Karen, it was strong cheddar and St Agur, a blue cheese. Plus Parmesan. I would love to help the French out, but I can't resist it if it's anywhere nearby. I would need an unbreakable lock on the fridge. :o I limit myself to 1 oz of vintage cheddar a night. I buy stinky cheese if we are having visitors and then give them the remainder to take home. o:)

Tonya - I'm sure each store has its own rules. This was a small local Sainsbury's. Only about five people in at one time and then one in, one out, in the queue. Works well. I haven't been to a big supermarket since the lockdown. I had one delivery from Waitrose. I have emailed Waitrose to tell them that I and my husband are over 70, so could we have a priority slot. We are not using the car at the moment and won't get on the bus. :noway:

My Chinese style salmon was heavenly! AF beer.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Well Navy Daughter mail brings returned to sender can’t make it on to base. Only 1 small package made it came with the letters.The rest even foods being sent back. Used a gift card hoping they return the balance back in it.

Amber Tx

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,540 Member
    Options
    Wearing shorts today, willing summer to show its warmth outside! I have been binge watching " Longmire" a great series on Netflix. Show about a small town sheriff, his deputies, dealing with crime, and the res ( reservation police). Its endrearing, sweet, disturbing, violent, and humorous, all at once. Its been awhile since I have watched a series and cared about the characters!
    I made pinto bean soup yesterday.💖. Husband bought hamhocks, but it was a package of 8 pieces. It looked like they were ham hocks cut in half. We both were thinking these must've been huge pigs! I sauteed 4 pieces in bacon drippings. Woohoo! Figured hey its all in the swine department! After simmering for a while I removed them and shredded the meat. One hock was just fat and bones, but the other three had a lot. I paid close attention to husband so I wouldn't let him add too much water every time he came down to mash the beans with a wire whisk. Last time you remember, I had literally 2 huge mason jars full of broth alone! I ate 2 bowls with crackers.💖. Lunch was tuna boats. I ate two meals yesterday. Glad I could still wear my wedding ring this morning! Normally beans mean salty things, and I pay the price by not being able to wear it! Between the three of us we made a big dent in the pot. There is maybe 2 servings left.

Yesterday my son finished his huge Lego city. Presently he had the thing separated into pieces because he had to electrify it with little lights. He is so talented. Here's some pics showing it.
    dcr7qfrqkfts.jpg
    gt3nt5qhtx1l.jpg
    wbw12iazqq5h.jpg
    He had fun, and is my 30 yr old man/ child.💖
    19qkt2t1biqq.jpg
    This is his GIJoes, and some of his car collection.
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,540 Member
    Options
    c618axfnxzzc.jpg
    When it was all together. Did you see his sushi place in the rooftop?😁
    And because taking things apart Lego wise isn't enough, these are his scooters he's organizing. Taking pieces off one to put on another.
    tvnd42z4nkhn.jpg
    eee081131zmx.jpg
    Can you tell the joys in his life revolves around pieces! Lol!
    💖Rebecca
  • Jaxsgma
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Whidislander (Rebecca) - Wearing shorts here also, warm out, but raining. I'll take it. I hate the cold. I have been wanting to watch" Longmire" been watching "Heartland" its really good, it has more series coming this fall, I can't wait. I get so wrapped up in it, I'll look at the clock and it will be 2am.....LOL..I think I'm hooked!! :D

Bean Soup, sounds yummy💖. Trying tuna for dinner, trying new ways to make it, how do you make your tuna?.

BeUncommon (Tonya) - This picture of your daughter is great, yes, she does have such a serious face.

Jaxsgma (Marybeth)