July 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @rheddmobile love the comics! You will really need to make a coffee table book out of them.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,354 Member
    @PastorVincent I think you did a great job with the picture. The comet hasn't left us yet, has it? I thought I had until the 25th to get out and see it.
  • PastorVincent
    @PastorVincent I think you did a great job with the picture. The comet hasn't left us yet, has it? I thought I had until the 25th to get out and see it.

We do but it is getting dimmer now and we have been under clouds ever day since that shot. I live near Pittsburgh which competes with Seatle for most rainy days. Odds are not in my favor.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited July 2020
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Well, turns out the treadmill that I was going to look at was 14 years old 😱
    So the search continues...

Well dog gone it. DH noticed that Sam's has them (in the flyer). I bet you find one if you widen the distance, or just order and wait... good luck again.

ETA you check out facebook marketplace maybe? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2714777575420318/ meh, maybe? or https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/107925612568471/search?query=treadmill
    probably old but cheap-> https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/589130935295996/
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    So I am a little disappointed that I only got a small window to shoot NEOWISE, but I am very happy I was able to pull something from it. This was shot at 300mm F/5.6 ISO3200 and shutter around 3 seconds. And I was setup under a lit street light. But I was racing clouds so did not have many options.

I will just have to wait 6,800 years and try again :)
    btgo28pt705g.png

Beautiful shot! We have so much light pollution here that we’re lucky to see major stars unless we head out to my mom’s place in the country. I went out looking for Neowise the other morning when I was up at 4 am and it was supposed to be visible in the morning, and it was like, “oh, this is a clear night, I can actually see part of the Big Dipper!” Just absurd, on an average clear night maybe 20 stars visible.

One nice thing about light pollution though, unlike regular pollution, it takes no time at all to get rid of it. All it would take is for everyone to turn their lights off and then, bam, fixed.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    @hmaddpear I wouldn’t stress too much about slowing down. Even if it isn’t super hot there, any increase in temps will have an impact. Also, I see you have a race scheduled in Lincoln. Hubby previously did some work at Waddington, and I visited him while he stayed in Lincoln. Such a cool (and hilly) town.

@PastorVincent Great job catching a shot of the comet! I’ve been trying to get a look at it, but the trees around my house have been in the way, and I have not been motivated enough to drive elsewhere to try to see it. 🤣

@Faebert So sorry for what you’re going through. Breakups are hard.
  • PastorVincent
    @PastorVincent Great job catching a shot of the comet! I’ve been trying to get a look at it, but the trees around my house have been in the way, and I have not been motivated enough to drive elsewhere to try to see it. 🤣

Cut down the trees then. Seems like the obvious solution.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,354 Member
    @Faebert So sorry about your breakup. Hugs to you. Glad you don't have to deal with school on top of that right now.

@marisap2010 I have the same issue with the trees, I'm sure. I haven't been out to try to see it yet. My procrastination is going to mean I miss the opportunity. Funny about your mom. My parents are the same way. They love us and that's a good thing.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    7-1 7k slow
    7-2 7k slow
    7-3 7k between slow and easy
    7-4 7k ditto
    7-5 7k closer to easy
    7-6 rest
    7-7 7k slow
    7-8 7k easy
    7-9 7k slow
    7-10 7k slow
    7-11 7k easy
    7-12 7k slow
    7-13 rest
    7-14 7k slow
    7-15 rest
    7-16 7k closer to easy than slow
    7-17 7k closer to moderate than easy
    7-18 7k easy
    7-19 5k easy
    7-20 rest
    7-21 7k slow

July Total: 117k
    July Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k

2020 Total through June: 1056k / 176k per month

Cloudy, upper 60s F, no wind and humid today. I've resigned myself to accepting my back is not going to fully heal until after golf is over, so I'll just have to live with it.
    @Faebert Sorry to hear your news.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Tramboman wrote: »
    So I am a little disappointed that I only got a small window to shoot NEOWISE, but I am very happy I was able to pull something from it. This was shot at 300mm F/5.6 ISO3200 and shutter around 3 seconds. And I was setup under a lit street light. But I was racing clouds so did not have many options.

I will just have to wait 6,800 years and try again :)
    btgo28pt705g.png

I think it turned out well.
    Wonder what my monthly goal will be when it comes back...

We all will be so highly evolved that we will no longer need cars. We will just sprint everywhere, even across star systems.
    Or we will be dead. One of the two is pretty likely.

I'm thinking the latter...
  • I_Want_A_Donut
    I_Want_A_Donut Posts: 101 Member
    7/1 - 3.27 miles
    7/2 - 2.18 miles
    7/5 - 3.08 miles
    7/7 - 2.28 miles
    7/8 - 2.83 miles
    7/9 - 3.00 miles
    7/10 - 2.00 miles
    7/12 - 3.30 miles
    7/13 - 3.00 miles
    7/14 - 3.10 miles
    7/15 - 3.33 miles
    7/16 - 3.03 miles
    7/20 - 2.21 miles

exercise.png
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    SUNDAY UPDATE - Pastor Vincent vs Boston!

For those new/or with short memories I recently hired a coach to help me run faster - with the original goal of a BQ in 2021 (thanks to all the mess around COVID-19 and etc, this will probably be delayed but still a future goal). It is probably an unrealistic goal, but I am not getting any younger, so going for it. Several people asked to be updated on what the coach has in for me so I post each week what the coach's plan was, and what I actually did.

So here we go:

DAY :::: PLAN :::: ACTUAL
    Monday :::: 6x3 mins @ Lactate Threshold :::: Worked late :(
    Tuesday :::: Rest Day ::::: 2miles warmup, 6x3mins, 3 miles cool down
    Wednesday :::: Rest :::: 11 miles
    Thursday :::: 10 miles :::: 10 miles
    Friday :::: Rest Day ::::: 15 miles
    Saturday ::::: 12 miles :::: More work on greenhouse
    Sunday ::::: 6 miles ::::: Wimped out

Total Miles: 45 running out of 36 planned

This was my first week back to training after injury. Was surprised at the low (36) miles, but my next actual race is the 10 miler in November (assuming it happens) so I have no ultras to train for.

Today was supposed to be easy 6 miles, but the temps were pushing into triple digits and there were thunderstorms on the radar with "dangerous winds and hail" so I wimped out and ate cookies instead. I think that is a win really.

I AM TELLING YOU! YOU GOT THIS!
  • PastorVincent
    Oh! One other cool thing that happened was that on Saturday, after I had just been done not even an hour, I got an invite to be on Aravaipa's zoom call, live. That was really fun, except I think I sounded insane - I had just been running for eight hours, so hopefully they understand.

You ran for 8 hours. That by default means you are insane. :)