Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Serious/heavy/deep/real stuff

Replies

• brustmannzweibrustmannzwei Member Posts: 1,124 Member Member Posts: 1,124 Member
    ^ tru.dat. I appreciate you and your posts. It helps make me a better person.
  • iMagoiMago Member Posts: 8,211 Member Member Posts: 8,211 Member
    CacoEther wrote: »
    Probably the biggest reason my husband and I are such a great match is because we are so emotionally distant from each other. We are both extremely reserved and private people who spend precious little time examining our feelings about things. I run from commitment. I avoid having expectations of any kind placed upon me. I laugh off serious matters and dodge anything too engaging or real. I do feel very real things for other people; love, affection, interest, happiness for them, etc, but I run when others feel things for me. I hate feeling responsible for it.

I feel like all of that means I should feel more lonely, but I don’t at all. I do, however, wonder if others can relate to what I’m describing. I also wonder if I’ll be a crabby old goat later on in life

Ozm91GD.gif
  • CacoEtherCacoEther Member Posts: 1,759 Member Member Posts: 1,759 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    Probably the biggest reason my husband and I are such a great match is because we are so emotionally distant from each other. We are both extremely reserved and private people who spend precious little time examining our feelings about things. I run from commitment. I avoid having expectations of any kind placed upon me. I laugh off serious matters and dodge anything too engaging or real. I do feel very real things for other people; love, affection, interest, happiness for them, etc, but I run when others feel things for me. I hate feeling responsible for it.

I feel like all of that means I should feel more lonely, but I don’t at all. I do, however, wonder if others can relate to what I’m describing. I also wonder if I’ll be a crabby old goat later on in life

Ozm91GD.gif

Elliott ❤️
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 250,002 Member Member Posts: 250,002 Member
    Sorry, internet is being funky.. double post :#
    edited October 21
    Even that ^^^ feels like telling you too much :)

I get that. It took me forever to be ready to share serious things here at all
  • brustmannzweibrustmannzwei Member Posts: 1,124 Member Member Posts: 1,124 Member
    Even that ^^^ feels like telling you too much :)

I feel ya.
  • KosmosKittenKosmosKitten Member Posts: 8,821 Member Member Posts: 8,821 Member

Uhm, are you me? I feel like you wrote this about me instead of yourself. :grimace:

I really was beginning to think I was alone in feeling or being like this, so thank you.

Uhm, are you me? I feel like you wrote this about me instead of yourself. :grimace:

I really was beginning to think I was alone in feeling or being like this, so thank you.

Did we just become minimally intrusive best friends?
    I've always been a confident person in the past. I'm really struggling lately. I hate my new hair, it's better than being bald but I only feel confident when I wear a wig. I hate all the scars on my body, I hate my new breasts, the new ones are not mine. This was NOTHING like getting a boob job. I want my old body back. I've only stopped crying a few weeks ago while I take my showers because I didn't want to look at myself. My boyfriend tells me everyday that he thinks I'm beautiful but it's like I don't believe him. I feel like I'm selfish to feel like this because life has given me a second chance. I try my best to see positive in every situation but some days it's just really hard to do. I'm alive but I have no quality of life, im in pain almost every day. I'm tired.

I can’t imagine all the changes simultaneously that you’ve had to go through. First and foremost I hope something can be done about the pain.. is the body confidence something that may come with time? Like as the scars fade?
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Member Posts: 1,599 Member Member Posts: 1,599 Member
    Boyfriend and I are going to have to sleep separately for a while, while he deals with the PTSD. I have fibromyalgia, and last night was a painful night due to the weather, so I moved a lot. He has hyperarousal from the PTSD, so he jumped awake every time I twitched. (Sigh)

I think it will not be forever, and it may not be every night, but it still makes me sad.
  • Miss_Chiev0usMiss_Chiev0us Member Posts: 1,592 Member Member Posts: 1,592 Member
    edited October 21
    I will fess up to the accidental grouchy face. I did not realize I clicked it. It was an accident.

If I had intentionally clicked it I would have happily told you why I grouchy faced you.

My bad.
  • Miss_Chiev0usMiss_Chiev0us Member Posts: 1,592 Member Member Posts: 1,592 Member
    I will fess up to the accidental grouchy face. I did not realize I clicked it. It was an accident.

If I had intentionally clicked it I would have happily told you why I grouchy faced you.

My bad.

😂 it's ok 🤗 I was sure it was someone else.