WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Karen in VA: Three cheers for Josephine the Ballerina!!! It is wonderful that she is at home! :heart: It is great to see your post. :star:

Rita: Thanks for the Xlear links! I want this product for both of us, but especially for DH.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

I wasn’t the one who posted the link, but I get mine from Amazon. You can find it in health food stores too, and some pharmacies.

RvRita

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    US Postal Service: I am very concerned that two things that I ordered have not been delivered even though the tracking says they were in Atlanta almost a week ago. One is my granddaughter's Christmas dress that I get her every year and the other is my BnL's fruit cake from the Collins Street Bakery in Texas. :/:(

Carol in GA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I researched Xlear and found CVS, Walgreens, sometimes Walmart pharmacy (the bigger ones), along with Amazon and health food stores are places to look for it.

My tummy is still painful, I think it’s more than a UTI. Going to have it checked if not better by Friday when I’m out of antibiotics.

RvRita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: made holiday nut crunch, wrapped M’s rum balls and packed with other goodies, stroll with T & D, mise en place: almond crescents, English toffee
    Bonus: 2 loads laundry,
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call CD, call R, email info to grantwriter, watch STAS Day 18 (go sniff), submit grant pics and receipts, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed; broadcast cover crop seed in veg garden areas, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far.
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan next year’s garden, wishlist replenishments.
    Do Good December
    8: Do something helpful for a friend or family member: note to J.

Miss Kelly “gummies flavored with alcohol” what a concept! I’m in trouble now :laugh:
    Heather Thoroughly enjoyed Johnny’s Round Robin. Would you thank him for me?
    Karen in VA tears sprang to my eyes at your Josephina Ballerina update. Thank you!
    Tracey ((hugs))
    Tina wish a case could be made that your situation qualifies as emergency/essential and not “elective”. Is there no one who can advocate for you?
    Lisa you can do anything… including slow and steady baby steps. Honest you can!
    Fae hoping all went well at your appointment.
    Allie so relieved to see your update, was getting worried. Hope Sean and Jean take good care of you, they surely ought to!
    Lanette, I’ve heard of lots of cracked teeth too lately 
    Machka con VERY gratulations.
    Debbie how frustrating! Hope there’s something you can do to shake your body up. Have a feast day of twice as many calories as usual? Followed by a fast day? Have you checked your measurements, maybe you’re getting leaner?
    Evelyn your laundry-on-the-bed strategy is just what I need. My laundry is still in the dryer and I’m headed to bed. Will fold in the morning :laugh:

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    December: better than November.
    daily: sit with Joe: 6, weigh: 8, steps>5505=7666 vits=8 log=8 CI<CO=8 CI<250<CO=7 Tumble & Shadow 5=8 mfp=8 outside=8 up hill=8
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3 =0 rx= dance= clean 30 mins=1.5
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= 20for20=0
    bonus: AF=5 play=0 sew=0

Thank you- I really need to try something. I plan on having a splurge day but just never happens, by the end of the day of tracking everything, I am always right at 1000 or a little under. I thought I would be over yesterday- a cup of home made chicken noodle soup for breakfast, tempura shrimp and veggies(half order- that is how much husband brought home for me)for lunch and then 1 1/2 cups of home made beef and barley soup for dinner. I know I need to really measure better with my scale and try breaking down the recipes instead of just saying barley soup and trying to pick which one to input. That is the only thing I can think of. I think my portions are pretty good but something isnt working. I did have the 1 1/2 cups of soup but that was after walking at a good pace for an hour with my friend and her dog(she had us walking faster than usual- payback for the new harness she had on that she didn't like.
    I do eat some snacks but limit them to no more than 150 cal at most, try and stay at 100.

I will try and do what you suggested. It will be hard- to even think of eating 2000 cal. in a day now seems crazy but will try just about anything.

Thanks again- Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    azalea4175 wrote: »
    good morning ladies, new to here. I live in Maine, at just about the end of the earth. Working on being healthier and fit, need to lose about 60# for a knee replacement. Finally got the work out room down cellar set up so my hubby and I can work out together. Because of the knee, i have a recumbent bike and he will use the treadmill. I feel like I am stuck at the same weight. I have been tracking my foods regularly (and carefully and honestly!!) but not much is happening. I have switched to tea from coffee. I love both, but coffee gives me the jitters and is not good for me on work days. Any other tips you have for breaking a plateau? bloodwork tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. Hoping for good results.

I am trying to figure that out right now too-
    Hope we can find what works and get past this.
    I was stuck and then it started to slowly creep up which is discouraging, but not giving up.
    Good luck.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy! Welcome! :D
    You've had a difficult year. Stick with your new friends on here and you will find them a great support. <3

Our Zoom was very difficult to start off. The host was doing it on her iPhone data, through her laptop. In the end I told her to reboot and it worked!
    Lots of talk about Ancestry DNA. Plus Christmas plans. My difficult friend is very relieved that her 94 year old mum has decided not to meet up for Christmas. She is soooo close to a vaccine.

DH'S younger daughter is still phoning him daily with her worries about property purchase. It really takes it out of him. She goes round in circles!!

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    @dlfk202000 Nice to "meet" you! I think I am a good maintainer but not a good loser. I was doing very well (lost 36#!) but then Covid hit and I was working from home. I got out of the walking habit as I used to have to walk 1/4 mile from my vehicle to my desk and at home it was just 2-3 steps. Working on adding more movement, and am setting up a place in my house to do yoga quietly and not interrupted.

@mbfink2018 walking, hiking, stairs are all good, no equipment movement. Videos on youtube and many other places (some on FB!) can allow you to try different kinds with no commitment until you find something you like. Glad to see another new face, as I'm a "newbie" myself. Not to MFP, like you I've done the weight loss thing forever it seems, but new to this group. I love all the posts, and read them all.
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Hello, I am Sandy. I am 61 years old and married. My kids are grown and live in Alaska and Washington state, I am in California. I started 2020 at 214 and feeling amazing. I was down from 320 in the beginning of 2019. Then March and Covid. I was a child care provider, and business dried up, I have since sold it off and am considering retirement. from March to December I have gone from 214 to 292. I have gone through some real ups and downs this year, but I am ready to reach for the light again and stop killing myself with crap food. I am home all day alone, and thinking maybe reaching out to other could be helpful.

welcome Sandy-
    I am 58 and in CA and have been a daycare provider for the past 35+ yrs. I turned in my license two years ago and just do Trustline now- one family at a time and no more dealing with licensing. I am hoping to totally retire within the coming year.
    I am finding my weight going up slowly and trying to figure out how to get it going the other way.
    This is an amazing supportive group with lots of answers to any questions you might have.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    mbfink2018 wrote: »
    Hello! I am new here but naturally not new at the whole weight loss game. Looking to connect with other ladies who feel as I do - I hate how I look, nothing in the past has really worked for me and I am really tired of saying "Ok here we go again!". So I am working on a whole new attitude! One filled with gratitude.
    I don't like how I look, true. But, overall I am healthy, still employed and my family is safe from the virus _ so far.
    So life is not perfect or great right now, but it is still pretty good!

I am interested in hearing tips of how to stay active without having to get lots of expensive equipment and what exercise videos you all recommend.

Thank you in advance - I'm excited to be here!
    MB

Welcome MB-
    I don't use any equipment. I have found a friend that wants to walk every evening. We meet at the park and walk for an hour or so. She brings her dog so the three of us get out and get our steps in and we get to visit/vent/etc and be outside. I have a treadmill that I used a lot but havent in almost a year. I also have an exercise bike that I keep saying I am going to use but haven't.
    I will when the rain starts.
    The biggest thing is to find something that you enjoy doing. If it is boring or a struggle to do, you won't stick with it
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • mbfink2018
    mbfink2018 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @azalea4175 Thanks! and yea I'm not a fan of equipment either. I was doing a lot of walking and such at work - parking on the second floor of the parking garage and walking the steps. But now my "home office" is in the bed room! Yikes to comfy! My husband started work from home before I did so he got the nice office. hahaha
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,047 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. Another slow cold day here. I had some hot chocolate with fiber mixed in. Very filling, but not the best nutrition. I'm somehow back at the top end of my weight. Such a struggle. I plan on twelve minutes of marching later.

I'm rethinking my music for exercise. Does anybody use Pandora? I prefer to pick a genre, like classic rock, and let the app pick the artists.

(((Tina))) and (((Allie))) and whoever else needs them!

Annie in Delaware
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Heather: I’ve been noticing a recent weight increase since I lost the weight, too. Being at home in a pandemic is a challenge we’ve never had to cope with before now. I figure it is time for me to woman-up and get back to exercising & counting calories. :embarassed: We are eagerly waiting for vaccine, too. There are rumors that it may be available in January. First responders & healthcare providers will get top priority, as they should. We don’t know yet when our turn will come. :ohwell:

RVRita: We were able to order Xlear through Amazon, too. I consider it an experiment and hope it works well. :star:

Sandy: Welcome to a good group. Stop by often and get to know us. :flowerforyou:

MB & Kim_ATX: Welcome! Where are you from? We have members around the world. The English language and our general age group are common denominators. Stop by often and get to know us. :smiley:

I’ll offer some unasked-for advice for the new ladies— Count calories, measure portions, and move more. Your movement burns calories. If you can find fun activities that you enjoy, you are more likely to stick with it and have success.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Exercise equipment has been my life saver. It has, quite literally, saved my life. The three machines we have crammed into our tiny guest room are my saviour every morning, listening to BBC Radio 4. I burn 536 calories on them and then do 64 on a yoga mat and weights. My life would be unmanageable without them, as I love good food.
    I also usually fit in my bonus calories after lunch. Could be a 5k walk, a 5k run or 30 minutes rowing. I count an extra 300.
    I need to burn 900c a day to stay the same weight. When I row I usually listen to my languages on YouTube. Or a programme I've missed. It's become very comforting.

If you want to eat at all normally, you have to find a way to burn those calories, in whatever way pleases you. A serious exercise habit is the way to go.
    PS - I used to despise exercise.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options

Rita's recommendation using it regarding allergies let me to read more of the reviews on Amazon; others had the same comments. I don't like using Zyrtec but have been doing so lately because of the sinus headaches. Flonase would give me a nosebleed. So I'm hoping Xlear will help!!

Nightguards: Had a dental appointment this morning, teeth cleaning. All OK except I've been having tooth pain here and there, dentist said he could tell I've been grinding my teeth so I'm to use a nightguard. He said anything sold at a retail store like Walmart or drugstore will be fine.

Love my dentist by the way - he could have gone the "I'll need to take impressions for a custom one and fork over $200" route. He said he's had a lot of patients grinding their teeth these days. :#

Any recommendations on night guards from you gals?

TIA <3 Have a great evening!

Lanette B)
    Dark and rainy SW WA State

Flonase also gives me nosebleeds.

Nightguards: I highly recommend Encore Dental for night guards. We just got them and it was so easy. Their customer service is top notch. https://www.amazon.com/Protection-Against-Grinding-Clenching-Bruxism/dp/B074TXB5V5

I tried the OTC that you buy at CVS/Walgreens and they didn't fit right. The Encore ones fit perfectly the first time.

Tina in CA