GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,081 Member
    New squat PR! 5x5x205lb! It was tough and by the end of set two, I honestly didn't think I'd make it... But I pushed through one rep at a time!

gkha9lu2grh3.gif

Also working on deads, so while it's 10lb below my best weight I think the form is better and it feels more solid. This is the last set at 240lbs.

a4h9l5isaqwo.gif

Still getting stronger! 💥💪🏼
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,539 Member

Still getting stronger! 💥💪🏼

Thanks Chris!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    New squat PR! 5x5x205lb! It was tough and by the end of set two, I honestly didn't think I'd make it... But I pushed through one rep at a time!

gkha9lu2grh3.gif

Also working on deads, so while it's 10lb below my best weight I think the form is better and it feels more solid. This is the last set at 240lbs.

a4h9l5isaqwo.gif

Yes! Sometimes we just slow it down, focus on 1 rep at a time. It's how we get it done!
  • DancingMoosie
    No GIFs today...just my workout48yujuclyiaq.jpg
    Had to bail out in the OHP, 70 was too much for me today.

• KickassAmazon76
    No GIFs today...just my workout48yujuclyiaq.jpg
    Had to bail out in the OHP, 70 was too much for me today.

I stalled at 70 for a while too. I decided to drop down to 60 and did sets of 10, then 65 with sets of 8. Gonna see if 70 is any easier this time.

Great lifts tonight! ❤️
  • DancingMoosie
    No GIFs again...not much else going on here...bench press is kicking my little chesticles! Squats and deads are ok, just a little scared of pushing much more. Dropped back down on the OHP. Guess I'm just stuck here for a bit🤷‍♀️
    k1w7d9no5lwn.jpg
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Squats were low weight (135, and lots of reps... 10 sets of 5.

Bench was 105 x 5,5,4,3,4,4. Still not quite 5x5 but got the first two sets, so still progress.

Back row was 5x5@110.
    Also did planks and pull ups.

It's been a crappy, emotional week, but I got it done.

This is the last set of 4.
    bas1lh3wyylp.gif

Form always on point- well done
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member

Bench was 105 x 5,5,4,3,4,4. Still not quite 5x5 but got the first two sets, so still progress.

Back row was 5x5@110.

bas1lh3wyylp.gif

You always do, that’s what makes it inspiring!!! You are awesome, consistent and supportive ❤️
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Haven’t been on here in a while....
    Meet is in 8 days and still decided if I’m doing the press medley or not. Even if I don’t I feel good and will kill the other events, which I wasn’t so sure about a few weeks ago. Below is my 325 pull, I also got 350 off on the blocks, so rack style I think we called it 😂. Oh and squat depth is improving! Even for warm up sets I’m seeing a change, only thing I added was I always do adductor/abductor before now... It seems to open and warm up my hips to allow for larger ROM 😅 TGIF 🤣

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886a70871cf40dd451606a7ac9fab95115c2ea3247a&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886a70871cf40dd451606a7ac9fab95115c2ea3247a&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Nice work- 👏
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,081 Member

Back row was 5x5@110.

bas1lh3wyylp.gif

Very good strength. 💪🏼
    Meet is in 8 days and still decided if I’m doing the press medley or not. Even if I don’t I feel good and will kill the other events, which I wasn’t so sure about a few weeks ago. Below is my 325 pull, I also got 350 off on the blocks, so rack style I think we called it 😂. Oh and squat depth is improving! Even for warm up sets I’m seeing a change, only thing I added was I always do adductor/abductor before now... It seems to open and warm up my hips to allow for larger ROM 😅 TGIF 🤣

Definitely “rack style” height and great strength!
  • KickassAmazon76
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Form always on point- well done

Thank you!

You always do, that’s what makes it inspiring!!! You are awesome, consistent and supportive ❤️

Aww thanks Jenna! ❤️ I've not been as regular lately... Still feeling a hip inpingement and alnost like a neck muscle strain too, so I'm giving myself a lot more rest days than I was. Plus, well, I just haven't been in the greatest space lately, so sometimes it's all I can handle.

Very good strength. 💪🏼

Thanks Chris!
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,357 Member

Soli work Jenna, love the game face on the trap bar
  • KickassAmazon76
    @jennacole12 I had written a response to your post and I guess I must have either squirreled before sending, or refreshed the page, or what have you. Either way, the message is gonzo.

Firstly... I am in awe of you. You are a determined, unstoppable, strong, and consistent badass beast!! You are killing it!
    I cannot wait to hear how the strongman comp goes. It's going to be so exciting!

When is the actual event? (Date / time?) Do you know if they are livestreaming the event? Is there a way for your fans to cheer you on (remotely) as it happens, or do we need to sit here and bite our nails waiting? :smiley:

Either way, know that I'll (we all will) be cheering you on!
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    icicua4k8300.jpg

Lifting done! I feel a bit stalled on pretty much everything...I bought some pre-work out to try Wed.

Your lifts are strong! If the number listed next to the date is your body weight, your lifts are really strong. Those are some solid ratios especially on the Squat and Deadlift. You're doing great things!

Do you feel stalled because of lack of energy, or is it just that the weight isn't increasing but energy levels are good?

I would say that if it is stalled for energy pre-workout may help. From personal experience, I will say that it's nice at times, but can not be fun if you start to rely on it to get energy up for a workout. The pre I use has about half the caffeine of most normal ones do, but I try to only use it when I need it. It has helped with early morning workouts, and some later in the day ones, but it can effect your sleep too which is important to busting out of those plateaus.

If it's not energy level, I would suggest working in a regular deload week in your programming, or working in drop sets/ changing the program up just a bit (Dropping weight increasing reps, Changing the order in which you do things, etc.).

• KickassAmazon76
    icicua4k8300.jpg

Lifting done! I feel a bit stalled on pretty much everything...I bought some pre-work out to try Wed.

I agree with @dsc84 on everything! Your lifts are strong, you are strong!

I didn't see growth in my bench until I did a deload and dropped the weight. I don't know if it was "right" but what I did was two things... I calculated the 1rm for my goal lift weight (5lb more than my stall), and then dropped to 85%. I then took that value and calculated how many reps I needed to get to the same 1rm value. My last set targeted that many reps.

I also go a bit further and calculate how much total weight I would move if I did 5x5 at the goal weight.

Then I added sets to my reduced volume to ensure I moved the same total volume in my session.

Example... Bench goal 105lb @ 5x5
    1rm = 118.1
    85% = 89.25 (90)
    1rm of 118 when you're lifting 90 requires 10 reps

So my last set I try for ten reps (or more)

Total volume:
    5x5 at 105 = 2625 lbs moved
    5x5 at 90 = 2250 lbs moved
    Difference = 375 = 4.167 reps

So if I do 5,5,5,5,10 I have actually lifted MORE weight than I would have at my goal weight. Which, in my mind, is a win.

The next session I up by 5 and do the calcs again. Haha

www.strengthlevel.com/one-rep-max-calculator is one site that helps you calc 1RMs.

And yes... I'm a bit of a numbers geek. Lol