WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2021

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,487 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, church, fellowship help,
    Bonus: stroll around county fair, veg prep, one load laundry.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, Monday: call Cigna to change monthly summary from large to regular print, make appt for Tumble’s annual, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    August
    1:Set an intention to be kind to others (and yourself) this month-and re-set as often as needed ;)
    2:Send an uplifting message to someone you can’t be with: drop off Re’s card?

Our county’s numbers have been up every day. Was going to lunch with T and C at the Irish Pub. They do have outdoor seating but tomorrow’s forecast is too chilly for my taste.

Lisa, thanks! “dorveille” who knew?
    Machka gorgeous pics as always. You really have the eye.
    Allie good luck taking Tal cold turkey off her electronics.
    Sharon ((hugs))
    Kiz your work situation sounds like a classic Catch 22. Glad you feel you have the freedom to terminate your employment if the stress gets too high (and how could it not?)
    Diane in Tn really hope the PT gives you relief from the Achilles tendonitis. Ow!
    Rita I remember prickly pear jelly from family road trips. That and the candy. Both moist and sweet and yummy! Hope you’re getting some support. Does your DH know he’s in the midst of a trial period? What a cutie pie that “jewelry” thief is!
    Michele, glad I was sitting down when I read you “skipped the formal exercise.’ That must have been a first!
    Evelyn brava for biking to work. I tried, back in the day, but was too afraid in the traffic.
    Welcome back @cory17 Linda in the SFV Calif!

Strolled through our little county fair after church. A brave effort by the 4H-ers and master gardeners. Hope for the future.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe:1 , weigh/wii: 1/0/0; steps>6704=8864, vits=1, log=1, CI<CO=1, CI<250<CO=0, Tumble=1, Shadow=1, mfp=1, outside=1, up hill=1, clean 10=0.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=, PW=. Thurs: Fri:TC=. Sat:PW=. rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2!!! 8/1:141.3 :P
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=0 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Dragging getting going today after sleepless night but I'm just gonna get to it. I need courage and energy vibes for sure.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, typed hymns, dogs to powerline, spicy pecans for Re’s birthday, dog group, strain and season goat cheese,
    Bonus: walked in place to highest point in Sacto county and half way to 49 palms oasis. Thank you walkfit on YouTube!
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, church, fellowship help, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, Monday: call Cigna to change monthly summary from large to regular print, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart,; Do Your Thing, practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    August
    1:Set an intention to be kind to others (and yourself) this month-and re-set as often as needed ;)

July Summary and August Plan
    More improvements than not, even if some were tiny.
    Cleaning commitment still needs work. Why is it so easy to waste 10 mins playing FreeCell and Spider and so hard to stand up and dust for 10 mins?
    Tumble time improved but Shadow’s fell back to last month’s level.
    Barely managed to maintain/improve steps, average crept up to 6704 from 6701.
    AF days improved back to May’s levels.
    Joe time, vits, CI<CO days all way better.

Weigiht down microscopically to lowest so far this year, I’ll take it!.
    July results:
    daily: sit with Joe: 106%/93%, steps=average: 6705 vs 6701 step days:61%/57%, vits=92%/80% log=100%/100% CI<CO= 84%/93% CI<250<CO=90%73% Tumble 5/10=71%/47% Shadow 5/10=60%/71% mfp=97%/77% AF=71%/53% outside= 129%/117%, up hill=110%/83% cleaning61%/200%
    wkly: BBBorTC x3=100%/78%, dance=75%/80% walk with T or Joe and the dogs or pack walk x2=89%/78%, rx=100%/120% review progress on 21 goals: bupkes/.
    monthly: board mtg=100%/100% grant=2/0
    July 31: 140.2 June 30: 141.5 May 31:142.4 Apr 30:141.5 Mar 31:145.3 Feb 28:142.4 Jan 31:141.3 Jan 1:145.3 Dec 1:143.3 Jan 1 2020: 142.3
    Waist: 42.0/42.0 thank goodness.

August resolve- .
    Commit to daily: 10 mins cleaning before solitaire, be really present with Joe, get those dogs down to the powerline without fail. Link to other daily habits.
    Weekly: Tuesday 2 hr line dance. Wed 1 hr T’ai Chi & 1 hr pack walk. Fri: 1 hr T’ai Chi. Mon,Thurs, Sun: 15 mins BB&B, pilates, yoga or wii balance games. Sat: 1 hr pack walk.
    Keep walking with T, D & R. Encourage Joe to walk.

Wow. August already. Thank you Barbie for your unfailing presence! “… but the seeds that you plant” 
    Lisa would you share some first/second sleep resources? Might describe the pattern I fell into at retirement ;)
    Terri :love: your solid habits. I’m with you on 1-3 and growing toward the steps and active hours. “tinyhabits” hmm.
    Rebecca you’ve given me canner’s pantry envy. :laugh:
    Rita thanks. Those mesquite pods look a lot like my bolted mustards' and arugula seed pods, though bigger. Remind me how you’ll use them?
    Margaret :`( for the smoke and the stings. Rotten combination.
    Pip Yogi is lucky you take such good care of him. Dental care and special diets can be life-enhancing as well as life-extending.
    Sharon what a stunner. While what family attachment I felt was with my adoptive family, I feel kindly toward my bio family, though we are not close. Could it be some facebook related thing? Might you and your daughters have different views that he doesn’t want to see on his feed? (((hugs held extra long)))
    Kim, Karen, Julie your insights into Sharon’s son’s message are most perceptive. I would never have searched for my bio family until both Mama and Papa had died. It would have hurt them too much.
    Julie :`( and hugs for difficult times with your mother. If it were me, I’d provide my old school with an individual “interview” blurb and suggest the ex-classmate do the same. ;)

Sleepy again at last.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 33, weigh/wii: 30/0/0; steps>6701=10150 vits=28.5, log=31, CI<CO=28, CI<250<CO=27, Tumble=22, Shadow=26, mfp=30, outside=40, up hill=34, clean 10=19.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=3, PW=2. Thurs: Fri:TC=5. Sat:PW=5. rX x5=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18: 141.8
    7/25: 140.4  7/31:140.2!!!
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=22 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Barbara, thanks for the hugs and input. I will likely do that about the blurb.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    PREVISIONAL GOALS FOR AUGUST
    Define written corpus
    produce 2 chapters
    Get away for at least a couple of "weekends" (can be midweeks to have less people more availability and better prices)
    Meet friends at least 1x a week
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Kim, Karen, Julie and Barbara, if you might recall Bob and I rediscovered one another way back in 2019. We had many phone conversations about getting together before Covid hit. We communicated about my past, his past and all of that well before this visit. His parents are both deceased.

We ARE, in fact, quite different. He is a worship leader at his church. I in fact offered to attend church with him on the Sunday I was there. They never called me back on that one and that was fine.

I get what you’re saying about projection. I’ve done that myself in the past about other relationships. Frankly, I’m somewhat inclined to the relative thought. While his wife has been attentive and gracious I sensed a coolness after our first two meetings. I honestly wouldn’t have gone for nearly a week had I not known there would be a couple of full day breaks in our six days’ time. He was not on vacation, so other than meeting the first night our time was Friday evening, Saturday day and evening and Sunday afternoon. He and I alone met for a quick Monday dinner before I left on Tuesday. His blocking and un friending me left me no chance to reply. The girls feel somewhat cheated that they didn’t get to meet him, but have said “oh well”! I just keep picking my jaw off the floor. I may never have an answer but “We’ll always have Columbus.” to paraphrase Casablanca rather prosaically.

Sharon Near Seattle

Hello Sharon,Thank you for reminding us of the story. I didn't remember the whole story from 2019, as I am sometimes off and on the boards according to how work is going (sometimes I get snowed under- not ideal but that is how it is), and I hadn't seen your posts for quite a while lately. Since you visited I thought you had his postal address but I guess that is not the case. you only have Facebook or social media address? That is more hard and upsetting. His spouse or someone could be concerned that there be financial repercussions. For example if he is comfortable financially he could be concerned about possible "filial obligations" in terms of health or other care - or sense of pressure if there is a later financial need. That reason seems as likely as any if everything seemed to go well at the time but there has been a sudden cooling off since.

good things done yesterday
    Went to the pool
    Got some long sleeved clothes and long dresses
    Walked some
    Had a rather interesting conversation

grateful
    mild weather
    quiet in summer
    health care

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Barbie Thank you for August!
    Cool morning here. DH decided at last moment not to ho to KY. Went to dinner with friends Saturday night, then worked on YD's cross stitch. Next Monday is their anniversary, I need to complete this project. Yesterday I did 7 hours of paperwork for work and helped in the yard. We are finally done with concrete!!!! Transplanted more flowers, cleaned up flower beds, washed deck and furniture. Oh, took down heart shaped railing from porch. Will post pics later. So relaxing out here.

Gotta get in shower.
    TTYL,

Kylia in Ohio
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    hello it's 1pm, now the nearly sleepless night (less than 2h) is kicking in. feeling like a zombie. just cancelled library appointment for today.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im watching Touched by an Angel.. and will go pick up Homer at 10 ,i need to get my butt in gear and really start getting things picked up and cleaned up here.. im hoping with a few more nights with the Cpap ill feel i have enough stamina to get some things done..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    }}}}}
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    My husband wrecked my truck this morning! He backed into a pole. Yes, he was in our driveway. Pole okay. Husband okay. Truck not so much. Damage to backup sensors, bumper, and tailgate. 😭

Doesn't he have vision issues that prevent him from driving?
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    muxol7jd4mck.jpg