P90X/Insanity Hybrid... Join In @ Anytime!

Options

Replies

• BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    New weighted vest is already here! Haven't opened it yet but I'm pumped.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Wow, that was fast. Awesome, you won't miss a beat.
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options

Just don't go swimming with that vest on. :laugh:
  • BR1986FB
    Options

Just don't go swimming with that vest on. :laugh:

I want to see how the first 4 weeks of this Max Mass hybrid go but as it stands, I plan on wearing my lighter weighted vest (20 lbs) for all Max Insanity workouts in phases 2 & 3.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Pretty excited...forgot to mention that I'm waiting for a call back from the local college (Mount Union) to schedule a Bod Pod bodyfat test on Saturday morning before my 5th round.
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    bump
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    I don't have a HRM yet, any idea on how to figure out the ball park of what I am burning without one. I am saving money for one. What is a good one for me to get?

I am in my second week of P90X

Lean schedule

week 1-3
    _________

day1 Core Synergistics
    day2 Cardio X
    day3 Shoulders/ Arms / Ab Ripper X
    day4 Yoga X
    day5 Legs/ Back / Ab Ripper X
    day6 Kenpo
    day7 REST or X Stretch

week 4
    _________

day1 Yoga X
    day2 Core Synergistics
    day3 Kenpo X
    day4 X Stretch
    day5 Cardio X
    day6 Yoga X
    day7 REST or X Stretch

week 5-7
    _________

day1 Core Synergistics
    day2 Cardio X
    day4 Yoga X
    day5 Legs/ Back / Ab Ripper X
    day6 Kenpo
    day7 REST or X Stretch

week 8
    _________

day1 Yoga X
    day2 Core Synergistics
    day3 Kenpo X
    day4 X Stretch
    day5 Cardio X
    day6 Yoga X
    day7 REST or X Stretch

week 9,11
    _________

day1 Chest / Back / Ab Ripper X
    day2 Cardio X
    day4 Yoga X
    day5 Core Synergistics
    day6 Kenpo X
    day7 REST or X Stretch

week 10,12
    _________

day1 Chest / Shoulder / Triceps / Ab Ripper X
    day2 Cardio X
    day3 Back / Biceps / Ab Ripper X
    day4 Yoga X
    day5 Core Synergistics
    day6 Kenpo X
    day7 REST or X Stretch

week 13
    _________

day1 Yoga X
    day2 Core Synergistics
    day3 Kenpo X
    day4 X Stretch
    day5 Cardio X
    day6 Yoga X
    day7 REST or X Stretch
  • doo1963
    Options
    Plyo cardio done this morning - official end of week 3. Doing some travelling at the end of this week and into the next so I'm going do what I can and then maybe get some a run or two in. Going to do a week 4a and a 4b to make sure I get all of the insanity workouts in.

The best news of all is that the scale finally moved - down 1.5lbs this week. I guess my body is now ready to shed some more weight!!!!!!
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    hi all!!!! i'm been consistently working out since March (run, shred, kettlebell) and my husband and i are interested in Insanity or P90X. i am much more fit than he is and these scare me, lol. a HUGE concern of mine though is that my husband has back problems (2 herniated discs). he insists he will be fine but the name of this is INSANITY!!!! noway how Insane is it really?
  • edorice
    Options
    hi all!!!! i'm been consistently working out since March (run, shred, kettlebell) and my husband and i are interested in Insanity or P90X. i am much more fit than he is and these scare me, lol. a HUGE concern of mine though is that my husband has back problems (2 herniated discs). he insists he will be fine but the name of this is INSANITY!!!! noway how Insane is it really?

I wouldn't recommend that he jump right into insanity. I've done P90X, Insanity, the hybrid of both, and I also now own Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. With his back problems I would honestly have to recommend getting 30 Day Shred and see how he does at each level. He doesn't have to do it for the full 30 days, but maybe try it out for two straight weeks. It's a $10 investment. If he can handle all three levels of 30 Day Shred then he would be ready for P90X. With his back issues, I wouldn't recommend Insanity. P90X should help him strengthen his back. Good luck.
  • supersarah79
    Options
    I am wondering about heart rate monitors with calorie counters. I have the garmin 405(GPS) and LOVE IT! It counts calories when I run or bike outside but I don't know if it can count calories for an indoor workout video like insanity. Anyone know if and how to do it? If not what heart rate monitors do you guys like the best for counting indoor workout calories?
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    I am wondering about heart rate monitors with calorie counters. I have the garmin 405(GPS) and LOVE IT! It counts calories when I run or bike outside but I don't know if it can count calories for an indoor workout video like insanity. Anyone know if and how to do it? If not what heart rate monitors do you guys like the best for counting indoor workout calories?

I would think if it counts calories outdoors that it would also count them indoors. I'd just wear the watch like you do when you run or bike.
  • BR1986FB
    Options

I wouldn't recommend that he jump right into insanity. I've done P90X, Insanity, the hybrid of both, and I also now own Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. With his back problems I would honestly have to recommend getting 30 Day Shred and see how he does at each level. He doesn't have to do it for the full 30 days, but maybe try it out for two straight weeks. It's a $10 investment. If he can handle all three levels of 30 Day Shred then he would be ready for P90X. With his back issues, I wouldn't recommend Insanity. P90X should help him strengthen his back. Good luck.

I agree. I have a cracked disc in my lower back from an old pro wrestling injury that I never got fixed. I'm so used to it that I just deal with it. The only exercise that really upsets it is the workout in P90X Core Syn where you have to twist and "pick it up and put it on the shelf."

Herniated discs are another issue. The Insanity workout is constant impact and there is a lot of jumping around. Insanity is indeed "insane" and this may not be the workout for him. I take risks with my back and, now, bad knee every time I work out but I'm just stupid. :laugh:
  • edorice
    Options

I agree. I have a cracked disc in my lower back from an old pro wrestling injury that I never got fixed. I'm so used to it that I just deal with it. The only exercise that really upsets it is the workout in P90X Core Syn where you have to twist and "pick it up and put it on the shelf."

I love that workout. It really gets my heart rate up.

We did chest and back this morning. I am screaming it from the roof tops (even told my coworkers) that I did 202 total push-ups without knees.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    We did chest and back this morning. I am screaming it from the roof tops (even told my coworkers) that I did 202 total push-ups without knees.

Awesome!:drinker:
  • doo1963
    Options
    Way to go Edorice.
  • Aakmorak
    Options
    How do you how many calories you burned doing p90x and insantiy. I do them both as well. Wish my fitness pal had in there data base
  • edorice
    Options
    How do you how many calories you burned doing p90x and insantiy. I do them both as well. Wish my fitness pal had in there data base

We use heart rate monitors during the workouts. Then there is an option under exercise to create your own exercise. I think MFP doesn't have the individual exercises listed because they are brand names - not sure though.
  • doo1963
    Options

The only way to tell is by using a HRM. The amount of calories burned will depend on your sex, age, height and weight. But more importantly, It will also depend on how much you exert yourself during the workout. You can say you completed a certain workout but if you didn't really exert yourself you didn't burn the number of calories that a "generic" measurement says.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Hooked up 60 lb weighted vest tonight and did a couple of "test" pushups. This should be interesting. I was getting winded just walking around in the thing.