P90X/Insanity Hybrid... Join In @ Anytime!

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• JLeeAlton
    Options
    Well I am glad to hear that you don't hate it lol. I don't think I will ever be a runner/jogger. That's ok though!! Good luck on doing the 5k's. I am sure that would be an awesome experience!!
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    you know i always told myself i would never been a runner/jogger.....until i started running!

i'm curious, is it really possible to do p90x without the gear (ie pull-up bar, weights, etc)?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    No, you need the gear for P90X. While you're doing Insanity you can start to buy some basic weights and resistance bands. Check out the P90X infomercial and on youtube. You already have a lot on your plate right now though. But when you're ready, P90X would be fun.
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    I don't have the pull up bar but I do have bands that I have tied up so I use them. One of the men in the video uses bands so I just follow him. However you will need weights. At least 5lb ones to start.
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    well i do have a resistance band, not really quite sure how i can set it up to resemble a pull up bar without breaking anything lol

i've got a couple months to go anyway, perhaps i'll save up and buy one!
  • edorice
    Options
    well i do have a resistance band, not really quite sure how i can set it up to resemble a pull up bar without breaking anything lol

i've got a couple months to go anyway, perhaps i'll save up and buy one!

Check out Sports Authority on you free time. They should have a strap that you hook over a closed door in order to do the back exercises. Also, they carry resistance bands in many tensions there. I also bought the handles that hold three bands at the same time. Most of my profile pics have the bands in the background. You can also buy them online through TRX or Bodylastic. in the store you can test them out.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Tonight is my last night of week 3. Can't believe I'm already going into recovery week of this round. My how quickly this goes...
  • jgkimo
    jgkimo Posts: 61
    Options
    Great thread; Tagging for later.
  • edorice
    Options
    Tonight is my last night of week 3. Can't believe I'm already going into recovery week of this round. My how quickly this goes...

It totally flies by. I always like to say that 90 days is going to go by anyway. You may as well do something in that time that you're seriously proud of accomplishing.

We completed shoulders and arms this morning. No running at lunch today. I'm trying to be good and give myself a rest. Tomorrow will be Max Recovery and a run.
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Shoulders and arms!! I have to agree though, this is my favorite. not a big burn calorie workout but I love it nonetheless.

Edorice - looks like since you guys just started again we are on the same week! Well... your one behind me but still =)
  • edorice
    Options
    Looks like it. Will be doing the switch over tomorrow, my husband hates Max Recovery. :laugh:
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Insanity max workouts started this morning with interval circuit training. This second month is definitely going to be harder than the first month but I'm up for the challenge. Burned 456 calories. Added bonus is I think I have to tighten the chest strap for my HRM. :drinker:
  • edorice
    Options
    Insanity max workouts started this morning with interval circuit training. This second month is definitely going to be harder than the first month but I'm up for the challenge. Burned 456 calories. Added bonus is I think I have to tighten the chest strap for my HRM. :drinker:

Great news!
  • edorice
    Options
    Took the day off from work today, just for the heck of it. We did Insanity Max Recovery this morning and after I digested breakfast I went to the gym. I did the bike for 5 miles, jogged for a mile (I should have jogged first), rowed and did planks. Total calorie burn was over 1,000. Will be burning over 4,000 calories this week. I need to make sure I keep my calories up!!!
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    wow thats awesome...

I did half of Max Recovery.. yea not a big fan of it either, So I jumped on my elliptical =)
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Burned 704 calories doing 66 minutes of " Max Cardio Conditioning & Abs with Cardio Abs" , Got to use the Polar FT7 HRM as it arrived today. The chest strap will take some getting used to but I like it.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Oh boy....Max Plyo this morning. That was a serious workout. I already feel my shoulders from the pushups etc. I can see where month 2 is going to kick my butt. Feels good though and I'm determined to finish strong.

Put on a couple of pounds since my last weigh in (too much beer over the past week) but I'm convinced those pounds will melt away by the end of the month.
  • edorice
    Options
    Oh boy....Max Plyo this morning. That was a serious workout. I already feel my shoulders from the pushups etc. I can see where month 2 is going to kick my butt. Feels good though and I'm determined to finish strong.

Yeah, I totally don't understand why all those push-ups are in the plyo DVD. That's why i don't do it after P90X chest and back day. Ridiculous.

We did Max Interval Circuit this morning. I burned 649 calories. I've come to the realization that the Max workouts will NEVER get easier. Geesh!!!
  • doo1963
    Options
    [/quote]

We did Max Interval Circuit this morning. I burned 649 calories. I've come to the realization that the Max workouts will NEVER get easier. Geesh!!!
    [/quote]

Well I guess if the workouts got easy we would have to find something else to do.