P90X/Insanity Hybrid... Join In @ Anytime!

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    DANG!!!!
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, Edorice. I do need to get my calories up (clean ones that is). I started eating a 1/2 banana in the morning before my workouts so I get some more energy.

I eat alot of vegetables and prepare mostly low calorie meals so I'm not really hungry. I will open up my food diary - any suggestions are welcome.
  • edorice
    Options
    I took a peek at the food diary. There were some days that your sodium was way high. I try to keep my sodium under 2300 mg. The Weight Watcher's meal that you have sometimes is a big culprit. Believe it or not Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice meals are lower in sodium. Most are under 700 mg. I usually pick up meals that have no more than 35 grams of carbs as well.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Thanks for looking. The weight watcher meals were actually prepared, not the frozen meals (the dish was already in the database so I didn't enter it myself). Some of the sodium levels are probably higher than they were as I tend to get a little lazy when searching for foods on the database. I will have to pay closer attention to the sodium.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Thanks for looking. The weight watcher meals were actually prepared, not the frozen meals (the dish was already in the database so I didn't enter it myself). Some of the sodium levels are probably higher than they were as I tend to get a little lazy when searching for foods on the database. I will have to pay closer attention to the sodium.

I should have added that I use a low sodium vegetable broth in my soups so that's why I know my actual sodium level is lower than what it shows.
  • edorice
    Options

Aw oK. Yeah, sometimes I have to force myself to take the time to enter all these macro-nutrients.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Round 4 is complete. I only dropped 9 lbs this round but lost significant bodyfat & pant sizes. The Max Mass hybrid starting on 11/13 may actually have me gaining weight, in muscle.

And Elaine, the resetting of the HRM didn't help. It still only registered 43 calories burned. I'm going to Google it to see if I can troubleshoot the issue.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Congrats on finishing round 4. Your problem with your HRM sounds like the problem I had. Finally gave up and bought a different one.
  • edorice
    Options
    Congratulations on round four.

I totally sucked this morning. We did Max Interval Circuit and the hrm shows that I burned 608 calories. I'm sore all over and I may take tomorrow as a rest day. I've done three doubles this week.

Let me know what you find from the troubleshooting.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Congrats on finishing round 4. Your problem with your HRM sounds like the problem I had. Finally gave up and bought a different one.

I think that's the route I'm going to take. I hear the Polar FT7 is popular.

My next issue is finding a 60-80 lb weighted vest. I found a 60 lber on Amazon for $99 but they want $30 for S &H. If anyone knows of a place in NE Ohio where I can purchase one, in store, let me know. From my experience, most of the retail weighted vests are usually 20 lbs and I already have one of those.
  • edorice
    Options
    They have 60-70 pound weighted vests on Ebay for $80-85 with free shipping.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    They have 60-70 pound weighted vests on Ebay for $80-85 with free shipping.

You freakin ROCK! Just got the same exact vest for $20 cheaper and NO shipping! WooHoo!!! Think I need to scour Ebay for the Polar FT7 next...
  • edorice
    Options
    Cool, glad I cold help. At first I saw an Xvest for over $300. Geesh.
  • edorice
    Options
    We did Pure cardio this morning. Will be hitting the gym at lunch time to jog. Will probably do P90X shoulders and arms tomorrow. We were short on time this morning.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Low impact stuff for me this week. Just walking a couple of miles every night to keep myself active before restarting on Saturday.

It's gonna be a GOOD week! Browns SHOCKED the world again putting a beatdown on the New England Patriots.
  • doo1963
    Options
    It's gonna be a GOOD week! Browns SHOCKED the world again putting a beatdown on the New England Patriots.

Whoo Whoo. Let's see if the Brownies can make it a triple shocker by beating the Jets next week.

Cardio Power & Resistance for me tonight. Burned almost 500 calories doing Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs on Saturday. Really pushed hard.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Whoo Whoo. Let's see if the Brownies can make it a triple shocker by beating the Jets next week.

Schedule gets a lot easier after the Jets. They may be able to make a nice run,

Everyone enjoy your week!
  • edorice
    Options
    My boss came in with a block of cheese hat on his head because of Green Bay's win against the Cowboys.
  • doo1963
    Options
    My boss came in with a block of cheese hat on his head because of Green Bay's win against the Cowboys.

I didn't know the Cowboys were still an NFL team. :laugh:
  • edorice
    Options
    Ooooh burn!