P90X/Insanity Hybrid... Join In @ Anytime!

Options

Replies

• doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Good point. My strap is elastic so it does have some give in it. I would think that it would be able to withstand some type of chest expansion. Although I don't know how much my chest expands when I do push ups. :blushing:
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies.

I Googled it right after I posted and all of the photos showed it going under the chest.

My Christmas "Fitness" Wish List was New Under Armour shoes, a Polar HRM and a exercise ball to work my obliques. I already hooked up with a nice 8 lb exercise ball (with handles) that was dirt cheap so I guess I'm breaking down and buying a Polar in December.

Maybe I'll drop a hint (or 1000) to my girlfriend for the Polar? It's not like I haven't been hearing "buy me a Camaro, buy me a Camaro" in my sleep for the last 4 months.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Ooooh Camaro, At work the Camaro contracts pass my desk from time to time. I can't be specific, but the very first Ms. Olympia just bought an orange one.

My fitness wish list involves lots of workout clothes. I've been hitting the Nike and Addidas web-sites for two weeks now.

We just saw some dirt cheap fitness gear at Marshall's over the weekend. They had some exercise balls, yoga mats, bands, etc.
  • doo1963
    Options
    I'm a mustang girl myself. Just stored my '94 convertible away for the winter yesterday. :sad:

I love my Polar HRM. It gives you calories burned, avg HR, min and max HR, minutes in fat burning zone or interval zone and stores a bunch of your past training sessions (I guess you can upload the info. to Polar's website but I'm not into that). Best thing about it is that I don't need to keep pressing the watch piece to get my HR and I'm sure that the calories burned are pretty accurate (too low for my liking but accurate nonetheless).
  • edorice
    Options
    Doo - when you get a chance, can you give me the model type on your Polar?

We did P90X plyo this morning. I punked out on Insanity. I just seriously didn't feel like doing Max Interval Plyo this morning. I burned 708 calories. Just one of those days I guess.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Here is the one that I bought: Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor (Spring 2010) - Women's.

It is black and gold (I almost didn't buy this one because those are Steeler colors). I bought mine on Amazon - was $90 - a little over $100 once all the shipping/tax stuff was added on.

It came within 4 days I think. I haven't had any issues with it and really like it. I can't even feel the chest strap when it's on.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Core Power and Resistance done this morning. One more workout, and week 2 is done. 326 calories burned.

Will be interesting to see how I do on my second fit test.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    It is black and gold (I almost didn't buy this one because those are Steeler colors).

I know how you feel. I bought a Nissan Xterra several years ago and it was in the Steelers colors. Didn't have it in Orange & Brown (GO BROWNS !!!) but if it's any consolation, the Saints are black & gold...the Steelers are black & yellow, regardless of what their fans say.
  • edorice
    Options
    November 20th is the last day of this hybrid and we also have a wedding to go to that day. I don't know what we will be doing next, but I'm sure it will include Tony H.
  • edorice
    Options
    We did chest and back this morning and I went to the gym. Total calorie burn 1040. At the gym I jogged on the treadmill and did chest and back flies. Getting much stronger with those chest flies.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Pure cardio and cardio abs completed today. 398 calories burned (felt like it should have been more).

End of Insanity week 2.
  • edorice
    Options
    BR - I found the manual to the Sportline if info is still needed.
  • edorice
    Options
  • BR1986FB
    Options

It is, thanks.

Well...tonight was an oldie but a goody, Interval X+ from the P90X+ dvds. Nice little workout that I haven't done since last round.
  • edorice
    Options
    Setting Age and Gender
    1: While in the Age and Gender mode, hold the MODE button down for 2-3 seconds until the "age" display flashes.
    2: To set "age", press the ST/STP button to increase and RESET button to decrease the setting.
    3: To move to "gender", press and release the MODE button.
    4: After "age" and "gender" are set, hold the MODE button down for 2-3 seconds until the display stops flashing.
  • edorice
    Options
    insanity Core Cardio and Balance. I burned 550 calories. The level one drills were crazy this morning because we just blasted chest yesterday. I did P90X chest and back and then went to the gym and did chest and back flies.

Side note: i'm seeing some movement on the scale again. Going to get in some jogging at lunch time today. I'm going to do it. I'm going to do it.
  • doo1963
    Options
    insanity Core Cardio and Balance. I burned 550 calories. The level one drills were crazy this morning because we just blasted chest yesterday. I did P90X chest and back and then went to the gym and did chest and back flies.

Side note: i'm seeing some movement on the scale again. Going to get in some jogging at lunch time today. I'm going to do it. I'm going to do it.

You're a beast Edorice!!!! I did a little bicep work after my fit test this morning. Had some extra time so I thought I would put it to good use. Improved the count on all of the moves for my second fit test (I've detailed them in the "Insanity staring Monday" thread)

Still no movement in the scale (although I think my abs are showing at least a 3 pack now).
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Setting Age and Gender
    1: While in the Age and Gender mode, hold the MODE button down for 2-3 seconds until the "age" display flashes.
    2: To set "age", press the ST/STP button to increase and RESET button to decrease the setting.
    3: To move to "gender", press and release the MODE button.
    4: After "age" and "gender" are set, hold the MODE button down for 2-3 seconds until the display stops flashing.

I actually figured it out and changed the age (due to a recent birthday) so hopefully this gets the calories burned function back to normal. I'll be trying it out tonight with this being my LAST workout of this hybrid.
  • edorice
    Options

You're a beast Edorice!!!! I did a little bicep work after my fit test this morning. Had some extra time so I thought I would put it to good use. Improved the count on all of the moves for my second fit test (I've detailed them in the "Insanity staring Monday" thread)

Still no movement in the scale (although I think my abs are showing at least a 3 pack now).

Doo- when you get to month two you will want to really keep your calories higher. It seems that with Insanity the scale won't move unless your really eat more clean calories. You're doing great.

BR - if you need me to type out any other settings let me know. Last workout of the hybrid awesome. So it's a P90X /Max Insanity hybrid next right? Someone called it P90X/Insanity to the Max.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    BR - if you need me to type out any other settings let me know. Last workout of the hybrid awesome. So it's a P90X /Max Insanity hybrid next right? Someone called it P90X/Insanity to the Max.

Actually, it's going to be a P90X/Insanity Max "MASS" hybrid. I'm snooping around online for an 80-100 lb weight vest to do dropsets with.