P90X/Insanity Hybrid... Join In @ Anytime!

Options

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Ha! let us know how it goes. If you can still use the computer after that workout.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Round 5 has begun with an early morning session of Insanity Max Plyo Interval. Off to Mount Union in about 30 minutes to get the bodyfat tested in the BodPod. I'm starving after a 13 hour fast when I'm used to eating every 2-3 hours. Tomorrow is the 60 lb vest for pushups/pullups
  • edorice
    Options
    Can you tell me more about this Bodpod? Is it a place that you have to go to get the bf checked? I've been using the skin calipers recently.

Yesterday we went jogging by a park...on concrete. My feet didn't like that at all. They are still sore. We did a half hour of P90X plyo this morning. Feet are still screaming at me. Monday starts our recovery week of the hybrid. Woot!!! I enjoy Core Synergistics, great burn.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Did my first day (Chest & Back) with the 60 lb weighted vest...WOW. I will have to tweak this. I can't do the drop sets because of the funky straps on the vest. Takes too long to get the vest on & off. Doing the actual pushup with it on isn't really a problem. It's when you stand up and try to take the vest off that you feel like you're going into cardiac arrest.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Can you tell me more about this Bodpod? Is it a place that you have to go to get the bf checked? I've been using the skin calipers recently.

It's a dry bodyfat measuring tool. You sit in an egg shaped "pod" for two 45 second intervals. It measures BF, weight, fat free mass, body volume, body density & thoracic gas volume. It also gives you your bodyfat rating (% you fall into and where you should be) along with energy expenditure results.
  • edorice
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to look that up in my area today.

Recovery week!!! I'm going to miss weights this week. We did P90X Core Syn this morning. Today at lunch I'll be jogging; to pay for my sins over the weekend.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Don't know if it was the Jack3D or what but this was, BY FAR, my best Insanity workout (Max interval Circuit...burned 805 calories). Cardiovascular capacity was off the charts and the knee felt GREAT! Keeping fingers crossed.
  • edorice
    Options
    Might need to check out Jack3d soon. It's running cheaper than Fuzion.
  • chevysarah
    Options
    Hi! I am thinking about doing this hybrid as well.. however I am new to p90x - what will I need for it? Weights etc?

• edorice
    Options
    Yes, you will need some basic weights and resistance bands to get started. Maybe a set of some 5's, 10',s 15's or higher in weight depending on your goals.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Finished week 1 of this second hybrid last night. Out-friggin-standing! Feel STRONG, the knee seems OK and my cardio tolerance for the Max Insanity workouts is getting better & better! Loving the 60 lb weighted vest. Have a GREAT day peeps!!!
  • edorice
    Options
    I found it easier on my knees to do the Max workouts as part of the hybrid. Not doing Insanity everyday is much easier.

We did Core Synergistics again this morning. Always a favorite. This is the last week of our hybrid. Gonna get in some jogging at lunch today. Need to burn off some goo!!!
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Back from my travels. I didn't run as much as I wanted but walked a ton more than I thought I would. Unfortunately I caught a nasty cold so I'm trying to recover from that. Going to start my week 4 of insanity tonight (or tomorrow if I can't get to it tonight). The scale moved again for me so that is great - technically I reached my goal weight but I added an extra 5 pound loss to my goal as a cushion for those times that I just eat and drink too much.
  • edorice
    Options
    Welcome back and good for you on the loss. I always take Airbourne before I step foot on a plane. It's hard to control the coughing and sneezing that goes on around us.
  • edorice
    Options
    Good morning,
    completed Insanity Core Cardio and Balance this morning. I'm surprised that the burn of over 500 calories for 35 minute workout. Going to hit the treadmill at the gym after work today as well.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    I found it easier on my knees to do the Max workouts as part of the hybrid. Not doing Insanity everyday is much easier.

I'm assuming (minus maybe Pure Cardio) that you also feel that the second 30 day "Max" workouts are more difficult than the first 30 days?
  • edorice
    Options
    Yeah, the Max workout are still difficult but when I'm not in pain then they are very do-able. Also, i'm used to hour plus workouts anyway, so may as well get a great burn during that time.

I wish I could get one of those orange Insanity water bottles. At this point, I feel I deserve one!!!
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Back on track(well, kinda). Was scheduled to do pure cardio today but did not get up in time. Ran at lunch instead. Burned 373 calories so I figured the running was an effective substitute for the pure cardio.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Yeah, the Max workout are still difficult but when I'm not in pain then they are very do-able. Also, i'm used to hour plus workouts anyway, so may as well get a great burn during that time.

I wish I could get one of those orange Insanity water bottles. At this point, I feel I deserve one!!!

Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning or Insanity Pure Cardio...which do you think is more difficult?

I want one of those water bottles too.
  • edorice
    Options
    Pure Cardio is brutal because it has no recovery period. Max Cardio Conditioning is hard only because it's longer, but doesn't feel harder than Pure Cardio. I have no idea why I like Max Cardio Conditioning. There is a recovery period in the middle of the workout that is pretty cool. I love the high burn from Max.

This is it. The end of the 90 days. We just did some Yoga X. Since I did Insanity Max for 90 freakin' days with P90X I'm calling this another round of Insanity as well.
    Results:
    I've lost 7 pounds during this round.
    I can do 7 plyometric push-ups in a row.
    I can do 16 dive-bombers in a row.
    I can do 202 push-ups (no knees) in one workout.