P90X/Insanity Hybrid... Join In @ Anytime!

Options

Replies

• JLeeAlton
    Options
    Shoulders and arms today with ab ripper x.. I like shoulders and arms =)

I don't sweat alot during the weight stuff.. I didn't with chest and back either... is that ok?

Granted I do not pour sweat with cardio either.. all thanks to topamax .. an evil evil prescription I was given. Do not ever take it.. its been five years and yet the effects are still lasting..
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    BR - thanks for the info on the vest.

JLee - yeah, it's fine not to sweat a lot during the weight exercises. i did chest and back this morning in a sweat shirt. and pajama bottoms. I didn't sweat much. My coworker used to take Topomax. She lost weight during the time, but it had adverse effects on her. I think it gave her jitters or something. She still gets serious migranes and takes a different med. I can't talk her into changing her diet, but that's another story.
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    I have delt with headaches and migraines since I was 13. Had my first aura migraine at that age. Topamax didn't help me loose weight.. lol and the reason I was taking it was strictly for migraines but help at all. It did give me 2 kidney stones.. broken blood vessels.. hyperthermia (reason i do not sweat alot) severe dry skin on my face.. list goes on.. and while I was on it.. I still had headaches.

I have tried everything to stop them, I don't eat chocolate at all.. maybe once every 3 months.. I don't eat sharp cheddar cheese and I don't drink red wine. These are all big triggers.. however I am on BC and have been since I was 15, not that I was a promiscuous lol its to regulate me =) and I still smoke.. which will be ending this year DEFINITELY.. Those two things probably factor in a lot with my headaches but with the planning of a baby next spring those two will be off the radar.

Anyways.. back on topic! Thanks for the input I just asked cause one of the men on there was really sweating lol
  • edorice
    Options
    I burned 1,300 calories yesterday and 750 calories today.
    Although we have been doing P90X and Insanity Max all week, we have decided to start our official 3rd round of both on Monday the 29th. We won't be getting Turbo Fire till later. We're going to be doing P90X Plyometrics after chest and back day, so that we don't have to deal with anymore push-ups. Here's our schedule:

Weeks 1-3:
    Day 1 - P90X Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X
    Day 2 – P90X Plyometrics
    Day 3 - Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X
    Day 4 – Max Recovery
    Day 5 – Insanity Max Interval Circuit
    Day 6 – Insanity Max Cardio/Cardio Abs
    Day 7 – Rest or X Stretch

Week 4, 8, & 12 (Recovery Week):
    Day 1 - Core Synergistics
    Day 2 – Max Cardio Recovery
    Day 3 - Insanity Core Cardio & Balance
    Day 4 – Core Synergistics
    Day 5 - Core Cardio and Balance
    Day 6 - Yoga X

Weeks 5,6,7:
    Day 1 - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps, Ab Ripper X
    Day 2 – P90X Plyometrics
    Day 3 - Back and Biceps, Ab Ripper X
    Day 4 – Max Recovery
    Day 5 - Insanity Max Interval Plyometrics
    Day 6 - Max Cardio Conditioning, Cardio Abs

Weeks 9,10,11:
    Day 1 - P90X Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X
    Day 2 - Insanity Max Interval Plyo
    Day 3 - P90X Chest & Back
    Day 4 – Insaniy Core Cardio & Balance
    Day 5 - Insanity Max Interval Circuit
    Day 6 - Max Cardio Conditioning, Cardio Abs
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Just curious... why do you not do the legs workout? i forget what it is paired with. I am just wondering!
  • edorice
    Options
    Great question. After doing a round of Insanity my husband and I both found that we got better definition from doing all the squats, power jumps, and balance exercises in Insanity. My husband loves the workout that he gets from Insanity and I am now addicted to the burn that i get, so we've been doing mostly insanity towards the end of the week. I am not at the point of saying that "I LIKE" Insanity, but I did start to carry around a clear Insanity water bottle around with me. So, I don't hate it anymore.
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Ah ok.. that makes sense and what I was thinking but I wanted to ask anyway. Thanks =)

Did Max Interval Circuit for the first time today - 350 cals burned over 43 minutes.. did not get the whole way through but for my first time doing it I think I did damn good. Crazy insane workout but I loved it!
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving was a little rough. More carbs than I'd normally eat. Back on track as "Insanity Max Interval Plyo" is now complete...
  • edorice
    Options
    Well, sounds like you enjoyed yourself. I've found that my body doesn't hold onto those foods very long. The daily nutrient dense foods gets used almost completely!!!

We just finished Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance; haven't done this in a long while. I forgot how many jumps it has, it may as well have been a Max workout!!! I burned 587 calories. We have some errands to run today and may hit the treadmill later.

Have a great weekend all.
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Did Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs.. 401 in 55 minutes =) YAY
    This means I did one full week of p90x/insanity!!! GO ME!!! I feel great!
    Tomorrow is my rest day.. do you all actually rest or do the stretch or anything? I really don't think I can not not workout ya know?
    Maybe I'll just do my elliptical for a little cardio or something.. thoughts?
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Chest & back done. Keep improving with 35 reps on the first set of regular pushups wearing the 60 lbs vest. This is the equivalent of a 305 lb man busting out a set of 35 pushups.
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Been out of town all week.....fell a little off the wagon but all in all I didn't too bad for a holiday week. Back at it tomorrow morning. Technically I am in my recovery week between month 1 and 2 but I feel the need for a little more calorie burn so I'm gonna do plyo cardio tomorrow morning. Official start of month 2 starts on Thursday.
  • edorice
    Options
    Did Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs.. 401 in 55 minutes =) YAY
    This means I did one full week of p90x/insanity!!! GO ME!!! I feel great!
    Tomorrow is my rest day.. do you all actually rest or do the stretch or anything? I really don't think I can not not workout ya know?
    Maybe I'll just do my elliptical for a little cardio or something.. thoughts?

I took a full rest day on Sunday. There are days that I do cardio on rest day, but this time I took the full break. We did a double workout on Saturday and I'll be doing a double workout today. We just completed chest and back and I'll be hitting the treadmill at lunch time. just listen to your body. Any aches and pains that you feel should get some rest. Take care of the knees.

Welcome back Doo. Way to get back in it.

BR - jealous of that weighted vest. I hope to get one very soon. I'm still trying to rep out those push-ups to keep up with Marin.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Just hooked up with a Cyber Monday/early Christmas gift to myself...a Polar FT7 HRM on Ebay for $69 new in the box!
  • edorice
    Options
    Well, i'm going to end up going backwards. My Ipod can't hold a charge for more than 20 minutes. I've been dealing with this for two months now. So, I need a new Ipod for Christmas. Yeah, I said need. LOL
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Just curious... why do you not do the legs workout? i forget what it is paired with. I am just wondering!

I just noticed this comment.

I too do not have legs & back in my hybrids. There's a reason for this. I tried doing legs & back toward the end of my 3rd round of P90X when I started to mix in the Insanity dvd's.

I won't say it's "impossible" but I wouldn't recommend it. Insanity beats your knees up enough. Legs & back with all of the leg work in Insanity is just overkill and you will burn out.

Believe me, when it comes to these workouts I consider myself borderline "stupid" (60 lb weighted vest for high rep pushups, 200+ lbs sitting in my lap for tricep dips between benches) and even I'm not brave enough to do legs & back with 3 days of Max Insanity workouts. I will say that I miss the extra back work with legs & back but there's no real way to work it in, IMO.
  • edorice
    Options
    Well...you could get really crazy and work in a double workout of chest and back at the end of the week.
  • edorice
    Options
    May not jog tomorrow. After jogging yesterday, P90X plyo this morning, and jogging at lunch today I think I may take tomorrow off from the treadmill. Will still do the X though!!! :tongue:
  • JLeeAlton
    Options
    Plyo today!! I really like p90x but honestly I don't want to hear him talk.... sometimes he takes too long to get to the next exercise and that drives me crazy!!! I fast forward a little bit just to get to the next exercise. Anyways... shoulders and arms tomorrow with abs!!

Do you jog outside or on a treadmil? I really hate jogging/running. I've tried many times to do it but everything just hurts. Where you like that when you started? Now I can go forever on an elliptical and they say that that is supposed to mimic jogging/running. However you don't get the part where you pound your feet on the ground.
  • edorice
    Options
    I usually jog at the gym. I can say now that I don't hate it. I used to get shin splints all the time, until I started using Polysorb insoles. I just got new shoes and immediately changed out the insoles. I've jogged on concrete once about a month ago. I'd like to do a couple of 5K in 2011, so I'm working towards that. I know I need to get outside and run more though. At first everything does hurt. I'm still trying to control my torque, I twist my body too much and it causes back soreness. Learning how to run is an interesting journey.