P90X/Insanity Hybrid... Join In @ Anytime!

Options

Replies

• BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Burned 881 calories doing 66 minutes of "Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning & Abs with Cardio Abs" ...this will be my last workout of week 12 so I'm done with the "hard" part of round 4 "The Hybrid." Now, on to recovery week, measurements and a well deserved week off before the "fun" of the "Max Hybrid" begins.
  • doo1963
    doo1963 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    hahaha, well good luck!

We were up too late watching The Biggest Loser last night. We didn't finish watching it on Tivo till 10:30pm and I normally don't stay up that late. So getting up this morning really sucked. We got through chest and back this morning. I only burned 248 calories this morning. I don't feel like jogging at lunch. So, I think that's it for today.

Good for you getting up in the morning. I was travelling and got delayed getting out of Chicago because of high winds so I got home late and then did not get out of bed this morning. Mad at myself now. Getting back at it tomorrow morning. Been getting too lazy about getting out of bed and then I've got to scramble to figure out when to get my workout in. Feel so much better getting the workout done in the morning.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Back on track. Got up this morning and did plyo cardio circuit. Feels good to get back on schedule.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Good morning. We threw in something different this morning. We rented 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels from Netflix. We did levels 1,2, and 3 back to back this morning. It was a very solid workout. She does a lot of upper, middle, lower workouts. Compound moves like shoulder presses while you're squating. I burned over 1200 calories. Some of the moves are moves done in P90X and Insanity. Like Superman, a lot of plank work, side planks, deep Mary Katherine's, and some new ab moves. I think I'll buy the DVD. I figure our daughters can do levels 1 and 2 since they've done Power 90. When I do it again I'll just do level 2 and 3 together.

Also, today I'm wearing another pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years.

Elaine
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Congrats on the pants, Elaine! :drinker:
  • doo1963
    Options
    Good for you Elaine. Don't you just want to give yourself a fist pump when you can fit into something that you haven't been able to for a while?

I have the 30 day shred dvd's. Have never done them but you've given me a good idea to maybe try them out on an "off" day. Thanks.
  • edorice
    Options
    Thanks guys.
    Yeah, today was a recovery day so we figured doing the Shred would be a good idea. We used light weights and not a lot of jarring moves. Pretty good.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Cardio power and resistance done. Seemed like I ran out of energy so the calorie burn was only 325. :angry:

I may need to eat a 1/2 banana or something in the morning before doing these workouts. No weight loss yet (but it's only been a week), but I swear I see (and feel) a difference in my midsection. That's what I looking for so I guess that's progress.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    No weight loss yet (but it's only been a week), but I swear I see (and feel) a difference in my midsection. That's what I looking for so I guess that's progress.

Don't be shocked if you maintain or actually gain with Insanity. I've been getting anywhere from 700-1100 calorie burns, my eating is spot on, and the scale really isn't budging. The pants sizes ARE dropping and the chest, delts & abs are REALLY getting cut.
  • edorice
    Options
    Same hear, getting firmer but currently at a stall. We did X Stretch this morning. All those squats during that 70-80 minutes of 30 day shred took a toll on my knees. I may still jog after work today. The weekend is almost here.
  • doo1963
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement guys. I really shouldn't care too much about my weight anyway - it's how your clothes fit that matter the most.
  • edorice
    Options
    Did a shorter Insanity workout this morning, but it still kicked my azz. We did Insanity plyo circuit from month one. I burned 536 calories. I hit the gym after work yesterday and burned over 700 calories doing a 5K on the treadmill. So far this week I've burned over 3,700 calories. I gotta keep the calories up today or this will be all a waste of time. ***sigh***
  • doo1963
    Options
    Core cardio completed yesterday, plyo circuit completed today. Closing in on the end of week 2 of my first insanity round.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Did Kenpo/Cardio X+ this evening and guestimated my calorie burn at 545. I normally burn close to 700 calories in this workout but I lowballed it. Now, for my question for Elaine....

I have the Sportline HRM, like you, from Walmart. During Insanity Max workouts I was burning something like 900-1100 calories per workout. Now, I'm lucky if my HRM reads 100 calories burned in one of those workouts. Tonight's 39 minute Kenpo/Cardio showed a reading of 43 calories burned. Either I hit a button on this thing that threw it off kilter or something because I probably burn 43 calories walking from my house to the garage before I start my workout. Any help/suggestions appreciated.
  • edorice
    Options
    I would check all settings. Maybe check the chr setting to have it at all zeros. Make sure it's still set for your age and sex. I usually press it every five minutes or so during the exercise. I've had a couple of days where it reads totally wrong. Maybe it's time for us to upgrade. haha
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    I would check all settings. Maybe check the chr setting to have it at all zeros. Make sure it's still set for your age and sex. I usually press it every five minutes or so during the exercise. I've had a couple of days where it reads totally wrong. Maybe it's time for us to upgrade. haha

How do you set it for your age & sex? I think one of my kittens took off with my directions on how to set the thing.

I was thinking about buying myself a Polar for Xmas but the only watches that measure calorie burn require a chest strap and I'm not interested in that.
  • edorice
    Options
    I couldn't tell you where my directions are either. The first screne after the time of the day should display your age and should say M for male. If not then play with the buttons on the right side to see if you can set it. Sportline may have their directions for that model online as well.
  • doo1963
    Options

How do you set it for your age & sex? I think one of my kittens took off with my directions on how to set the thing.

I was thinking about buying myself a Polar for Xmas but the only watches that measure calorie burn require a chest strap and I'm not interested in that.

You can go online and gets the manuals for the Sportsline watches. I bought a Polar FT7 (after getting frustrated with the Sportsline HRM). I had reservations about the chest strap as well but you really don't feel it at all and I know I'm getting an accurate calorie burn amount.
  • BR1986FB
    Options

You can go online and gets the manuals for the Sportsline watches. I bought a Polar FT7 (after getting frustrated with the Sportsline HRM). I had reservations about the chest strap as well but you really don't feel it at all and I know I'm getting an accurate calorie burn amount.

Not to get too personal but the strap goes under the chest, correct? If it goes across the chest my fear when doing pushups would be that the strap would fly off as the chest gets a pump/engorged with blood.
  • edorice
    Options
    Yeah, it goes right under the chest. Haven't had a problem with it snapping off. There is the hard part that monitors the hr and the rest of the strap stretches a bit. i have one that has a chest strap, but it doesn't measure the calories burned automatically (I didn't pay attention to what I was buying). I have to input the calories in a formula.