P90X/Insanity Hybrid... Join In @ Anytime!

Options

Replies

• christinafpdx
    Options
    HELP!

Hello, I just started on here and am pretty lost with the whole workout routine. I'm a dummy, I know, but I'm trying.

I had asthma when I was younger and although it is gone now, I still am finding it hard to breath sometimes (stick in there, please, this gets relevant). I figure this might just be because I am out of shape. I fully intend on sticking to a routine as I am set to go to boot camp next year.

My problem: I have NO idea how to set up a good routine that's both challenging but do-able for my situation. I have SOME of the P90X workouts on my computer and cannot afford a personal trainer.

I would greatly appreciate ANY input/suggestions and if you feel so inclined - you can certainly go ahead and make a routine for me, mentor. How cool would that be!

Thanks!! :glasses:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    We need to know which DVD's you acquired.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Insanity Core Cardio & Balance is a "recovery" week workout? You LIE, Shaun T...lol.

Glad yesterday was an off day because I caught some food poisoning or stomach flu or something Thursday night. Called off work yesterday as my stomach was burning and I thought it was on fire.

Yeah, core cardio and balance sucks. The first time I did it after the workout I was in a crappy mood. Then he has the nerve to say in the middle of the workout that it's a recovery workout. Yeah, BS.

Food poisoning - did you have egg or egg noodles? My coworker was having stuff come out of both ends last week after eating egg noodles at her fave Thai restaurant.

No eggs or egg noodles.
  • christinafpdx
    Options
    I only have:

Chest & Back
    Plyometrics
    Shoulders & Arms
    and Yoga

If you have any others that you recommend or recommend that I get the whole series, I certainly will do that. I'm trying to ease into it & am very excited. Thanks!
  • edorice
    Options
    Do chest and back on Mondays. Get some resistance bands for back.
    Do plyometrics on Wednesday.
    Do shoulders and arms on Friday.
    Do yoga on Saturday or Sunday. The yoga DVD is 90 minutes long so do that on a day when you have time.

You're going into boot camp next year. My husband is a Marine and we are starting a P90X /Insanity hybrid on Monday. He is sitting here suggesting that you look into Slim in 6 by Beachbody. He's a Beachbody coach. His site is in my signature if you wnat to contact him about anything boot camp related or more about the programs.

Elaine
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    "Recovery" week continues with an easy, breezy round of P90X Plyo X....1054 calories burned!
  • edorice
    Options
    "Recovery" week continues with an easy, breezy round of P90X Plyo X....1054 calories burned!

Whoa, you're doing Plyo during recovery week? What does your recovery week schedule look like? I start my hybrid on Monday. I may do doubles with jogging after work.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    br :indifferent:

Whoa, you're doing Plyo during recovery week? What does your recovery week schedule look like? I start my hybrid on Monday. I may do doubles with jogging after work.
  • eriny
    Options
    dna removal done this morning kenpo x done :drinker: now off to hunt for some food :love:
  • eriny
    Options
    :drinker: edorice GREAT JOB YOU LOOK GREAT !!!!! :drinker: AND THANK YOU FOR PUTTING YOU RESULTS PICS ON HERE :flowerforyou: for us newbies on this p90x ride it means alot !! :flowerforyou:

• edorice
    Options
    Eriny - thank you. This morning we officially started our hybrid. I loved Chest and Back this morning. I know I'm going to feel it. but I loved it. And the Dive Bombers, man back in February when we first started I could barely finish 3. Today I did 10 each time. I'm glad that Insanity had a lot of push-ups, I feel that I hadn't lost any strength in that area.

Did I mention how GLAD i am to start the hybrid. Man!!!
  • BR1986FB
    Options

Recovery Week 4, 8, & 13

1) Core Cardio & Balance
    2) Plyo X
    3) Core Synergistics
    4) Kenpo/Cardio X+
    5) Yoga X
    6) Core Cardio & Balance
    7) Rest or X Stretch
  • edorice
    Options
    Cool, thanks for the response.
  • eriny
    Options
    ok just got home from sons pep rally in alvin :bigsmile: now next 2nd part of double workout with kenpox done this morning :drinker: now time for chest shoulders triceps then arx aka 15 min of ab hell :sick: just push play and bring it :devil:
  • eriny
    Options
    chest /triceps shoulders done :drinker:
  • dollbaby4
    Options
    Hey everyone! My BF and I are still in month 2 of Insanity, but sooo looking forward to a hybrid when we are done. It's great to see how everyone is progressing and it helps keep me motivated. I hope I don't have trouble fitting it all in to my busy schedule! (That was the reason we switched from P90x to Insanity initially....we were having trouble with scheduling. Gonna be more committed this round!!

Adrienne
  • edorice
    Options
    We were already getting up at 4:30am for P90X. When the 2nd month of longer workout in Insanity hit I had to set the alarm to 4:20am. i have to rest longer after Insanity, get my protein shake, hit the shower, and go to work.
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    Kenpo/Cardio X+ done with 717 calories burned.
  • eriny
    Options
    well crap i twisted ankle hurts and little swollen needed to do plyometrics tonight :frown: so now what :indifferent:
  • edorice
    Options
    Did you switch out plyo with an upper body workout?